Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

Mine is a DD and tow rig and I just moved my shift pattern to accommodate

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
This is my thought also, I ran mine zip tied for a few weeks, I think you can tune around the harshness.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I could be mistaken but I would think full TV pressure while towing is desirable, just not while stopped. I go to neutral for that.

Running at full pressure all the time didn't elevate the trans temp or cause excessively firm shifts when towing?

And on that note. I played around with that for a bit, not to mention my trans is set to a higher pressure anyways, but I pulled it more and more with the ziptie until it drove how I liked, then pulled the pan and adjusted the screw to where the ziptie was. Made my truck drive so much nicer.
Anyways, in all that messing around, I didn't notice much temp change which I thought was surprising because I was going through higher RPMs with no lock up, but I think the cranks speed vs the input shaft speed were closer, so ultimately, there was less fluid sheer going on.

And the old PCM (pre 03) only throws soft codes from what I've seen. It'll tell you you have a circuit issue with the TC if you wire in a lockup switch, and a circuit issue in the trans for just about everything else. I got the same code when I unhooked the NSS vs when I unhooked the 8-pin or whatever it is.

I'm going to work on bullying Brandon into making a tuning video.

I would, but I hate hearing myself speak.

I'm going to work on bullying Brandon into making a tuning video.

I would, but I hate hearing myself speak.

What kind of one would you like? I don't care to hear myself speak but could try to do something with wording. Still waiting to get a data logger version to tune with so I can see what's going on. It's hard to watch a computer screen and drive lol

What kind of one would you like? I don't care to hear myself speak but could try to do something with wording. Still waiting to get a data logger version to tune with so I can see what's going on. It's hard to watch a computer screen and drive lol

Ideally, full condensed software install, open, view base tunes, change all relevant parameters and shove to the control. Do another later for pulling tunes and viewing parameters. Sending you a PM.

I mean to clarify for people with questions about the product.

Last edited:
Does this throw any codes for the 03 and newer trucks? You are basically removing all communication between the trans and ecm if I'm understanding this correctly
Yes, 2003-2009 need flash to manual. 2010+ are a different beast altogether.

The TV cable can be left on or it can be discarded. I run mine ziptied, but others use theirs. There's no reason not to run the TV cable; if you have it functional, leave it on.

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I will be hitting Bob up for a manual flash file.

The base line tune that is included, does it alter the shift points from stock? I absolutely hate the early shifts under moderate throttle. Nothing worse than towing a trailer and it shifting to od at 50 mph because I don't have it floored

Yes, it will, you can look at my screen shots and see where the data points are set and compare to what yours is currently doing

Anteater install question I found the Orange TPS wire and voltage is 0.6V to 4.5V is this the correct location to connect TPS wire from the controller? Once all wiring is hooked and is set tire size, gear, and min. Max. TSP voltage it should run on the base tune correct?

Did you range the throttle to check V out with everything plugged up?

No, Since there is only one wire that goes to the TPS I've got to leave the others hooked up rite to have a power source to the TPS

I checked it before I hooked everything up min 0.6 max 4.5Just checked again with everything hooked up min 0.6 max 5.0 it kinda varies a little form 4.5 to 5.0

Back