Soundproofing a 2nd gen

nike

"Can't have nothing!"
While doing my cab swap, I'm wanting to do what I can to soundproof and insulate it while everything is apart...

I'd like to do this as cheap as possible....... LOL

Is there a spray on coating for the exterior of the cab?

I can't seem to find the website but there is a company that makes a entire insulation kit for the inside of the cab. Does anyone have any luck doing this?

Or am I a sissy and need to suck it up?

I heard that dyna mat works pretty good. I would find out what they use in the newer cars and go from there. I know the new engines are quiter but I'm sure they use something to make it nice.

Fatmat.com 100sq ft of their rattletrap product is 200 bucks shipped.
Just did the Buick. I don't have the interior back together yet but i can tell you from just thumping on it it is a huge difference...

look up Lizardskin

I did my full interior in my second gen with Dynamat, roof, doors, floor, back wall, everything.

look up Lizardskin

I did my full interior in my second gen with Dynamat, roof, doors, floor, back wall, everything.

I had a buddy recommend this product to me. What are your results and do you remember the approximate cost to do everything?

I know very little about this stuff but I've been assuming that a spray on product would better insulate and soundproof then a stick on mat??

I have only used DynaMat Extreme...about 200 pounds of it in my Chevelle, and good lord is it quiet, with the windows up at least. LOL

Next project will get Lizard Skin and DynaMat, or something better.

I did 2 layers of brown bread ( dymat knockoff They are all about the same tar paper and aluminum backing). Then spray foamed the cab corners ( low exlanding frome home depot) and roof panel, made a big difference.

Remember any holes in the firewall and if it's a stick you get a lot of noise threw the shifter boot, some scrap carpet arround the shifter under the boot helps..

Good luck

i did dynamat on the floor and big thick foam cut to fit behind rear side panels and some spray foam here and there. when i do the roof it will be dynamat or something like it. most of my noise comes from the shifter boot. need to add something there. my truck is alot quieter then my friend 12v

I'm doing a bed liner inside. Raptor bed liners to be specific. Way cheaper than anything and will be even all around. Also then the floor is done. Don't have to put anything over it either.

Back