Soundproofing a 2nd gen

Well haven't heard back from don so I needed to order so I got 20sqft of cld tiles and 36sqft of CCF(pro version)from second skin audio which was around $208. Then ordered some 1/4" x 4' x 10' 2lb/sqft MLV from tmsoundproofing for $134 shipped which I thought was a good price.

Hopefully this all covers the firewall well and does a good job soundproofing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Both TM soundproofing and Super Soundproofing Sales had really good prices. I ordered my MLV from SSS and was very impressed with the product, shipping, and price.

What type of glue are most using that can be sourced locally?

For the MLV? I used HH-66 Vinyl Cement to attach it to the CCF. I used Velcro strips to attach the MLV/CCF to the vehicle. I plan on having this truck a long time, and if I ever have to do any body work, I don't want this stuff to be too much of a hassle.

Well looking for an adhesive for the CCF and the MLV. I'm just not a huge fan of velcro.

Just got done with the three layer sound dampening on the firewall and floor boards from the front to the front of the front seats. Still have lots to go, but idling dB was reduced by about 2. It's now idles between 68-70.

Go to an upholstery shop. Anything you buy there still be hands down better than anything from parts store.
The stuff i used in the Buick had a variable nozzle, and cost 26 bucks a can.
Spray both sides, wait for tack then assemble.

Back