Soundproofing a 2nd gen

Yes that. ..or maybe we could yell at him, we can all give him a few dB. LOL

Aggie, since you're the one talking about doing they system, would you mind doing some before and after vids with which ever route you decide to go? I'm skeptical of all these products and would like to see some true results.

I like that idea. Anyone have a dB to loan him?

Yeah that's not a bad idea! A dB meter would be really nice to have to get some actual concrete numbers. But it would also make good use of the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition I got last month :D

Aggie, have you had any luck contacting Don lately? My previous two email attempts have recieved no response.

Has he got back to you yet? I emailed him about midnight last night and he got back to me at 6:10 AM this morning. Dang prompt response.

There is an phone app that has db meter. I have used it work against our safety guy. It not as accurate as real meter but it works fairly well for free.

There is an phone app that has db meter. I have used it work against our safety guy. It not as accurate as real meter but it works fairly well for free.

I have an Ipod Touch.... I'll have to check into that.

Has he got back to you yet? I emailed him about midnight last night and he got back to me at 6:10 AM this morning. Dang prompt response.

I have emailed him two seperate times since creating this thread but have not attempted to this year.

Its not a big deal to me either at this point as I dont plan to spend enough to bother him... :lolly:

I used the meter app on my iPhone. I got 83dB cruising 70 and 73dB idling. I do have a 30" diamond eye muffler which helps.

I used the meter app on my iPhone. I got 83dB cruising 70 and 73dB idling. I do have a 30" diamond eye muffler which helps.

I really have no exhaust tone inside the cab to speak of so it is not an issue to me, it's engine sound I am trying to decrease while cruising down the highway. I want it to where if I have the windows up it's quiet(ish) and refined, but if I want to hear the engine/turbo/exhaust more prominently I just roll down the windows. Usually if it's at least 50* outside, my windows are down.

Since I'm this far into the dash and this oem stuff is rotten I'm seriously thinkin of pulling it out and replacing with some nice aftermarket stuff. What do y'all think?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362538166.570608.jpg

If you're that far in already, I would for sure do it. I need to get some pics of mine up. Got some dB specs before and after as well

I'm thinking of ordering from this guy. Anyone else ever used it??

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

We were talking about Don's products the last couple of pages. I just got through installing his CLD tiles and CCF. The only reason I didn't get his MLV is I found a much cheaper source for the same product here: Mass Loade Vinyl Mat Warning though, no matter who you get the MLV from, the shipping will be ridiculously high.

But Don is an excellent guy to work with, nothing but good to say about him.

So using his system would I improve or atleast match the oem insulation and sound deadening levels? I wonder if local body shops would know what it is? Problem around my town is usually if shipping is high I look for it local, but the local price is so high it's still cheaper online and to pay for shipping.

So using his system would I improve or atleast match the oem insulation and sound deadening levels? I wonder if local body shops would know what it is? Problem around my town is usually if shipping is high I look for it local, but the local price is so high it's still cheaper online and to pay for shipping.

Absolutely an improvement over OEM in every way. This the type of system used in the engine room of many million dollar yachts. You won't believe the difference, especially since you are able to do the firewall so well.

i just saw boommat.com has a mlv loaded foam. of course its high, but its bonded together already.. might be something to look into?

Ok, well I just sent Don an email to see what he can put together for me. Looks like I opened up a can of worms. But hey, if it does reduce the noise level I will be extatic.

Ok, well I just sent Don an email to see what he can put together for me. Looks like I opened up a can of worms. But hey, if it does reduce the noise level I will be extatic.

Yeah the email he sent me was about six pages long and was quoted at about $900 LOL

From what I gather, he recommends the absolute best setup possible; that being said, I insulated my truck using his products for about $400 with shipping and all. That was 60 CLD tiles, about 100 sq ft of 1/8" CCF and 100 sq ft of 1lb MLV (MLV was from company I linked to).

For me, it wasn't necessarily a night and day difference, but it is definately very noticeable, and in my opinion, well worth the money.

Back