Soundproofing a 2nd gen

Ripping my interior apart, ordered a FTE 30'' resonator. Gonna have this all together by next weekend :)

I'm ready for my truck to be nice to take on road trips. I didn't care in high school cause I loved hearing the engine. But going on dates, not loosing my hearing on a long trip, and trying to have a conversation are a little more important now days :D

Did ou ever get yours done Spence? Any others with new results?

Figured Id bump this back up since Im finally going to do my 95...

I ordered some Al's Liner as a cheap way to color match a topper I bought for my truck, while looking around on they're website I did notice this that I hadn't heard of before. Al's spray on bed liner has pretty good reviews on here & other boards.

I will be considering this for my 2nd gen on down the road.
About Al's Liner Heat and Noise Reducer

Ok, the dude that posted $600 went overkill as phuck (not hatin, I was on a budget). I did my X-Cab 2nd gen for $300 with exactly what Don recommended. (CLD, CCF,MLV). Could not be happier.

I'm ordering Don's stuff (CLD, CCF, MLV) on Monday. I read quite a bit of negative about some of Fatmat's products (not the butyl Megamat, but the Fatmat Extreme and Rattletrap which apparently use asphalt based adhesive) and decided to spend a tad bit more and get his stuff. It seems like a proven combination. Should run me $300-$350.

just got through with it in the parent 12v.. they are happy they can talk to eachother now whil driving, and when they stop the radio isn;t way up.. used just rattletrap.

Man guys I want to go with the Fatmat, but I think I'm going to go ahead and go the route with Don. I appreciate the feedback though, I'll let ya'll know how it goes :Cheer:

Nbd, to each his own!
I think anything you do will be an improvement. Normal folks like us can't tell the difference between high dollar stuff and cheaper stuff.. Just the layering like you will do will do great.

Nbd, to each his own!
I think anything you do will be an improvement. Normal folks like us can't tell the difference between high dollar stuff and cheaper stuff.. Just the layering like you will do will do great.

It's a pretty neat concept, you ought to check out his website. I don't think there is noticeable difference between any CLD (a constrained layer damper such as Fatmat, Don's CLD tiles, RAAMat, etc.), they all just stop vibrations in the metal. The difference between just a CLD and the layering I am doing is the addition of CCF (closed cell foam) and MLV (mass loaded vinyl).

What really leaned me towards Don's products vs. FatMat alone was the MLV, which is basically a barrier against sound. The CCF is basically there to provide a gap between the metal/CLD and the MLV. And if I was going to purchase CCF and MLV from him, I might as well use his CLD as well. Plus, I like the concept of 25% coverage on the CLD.

Companies like SecondSkin use the same pattern of application, but at a significantly higher price.

I agree.. On the ccf and mlv.. If i had known about this type of stuff when i had the car apart i would have put in a layer of foam all over and mlv behind the seats and on flat panels... But there it's no way in hades i am taking interior back out!

I agree.. On the ccf and mlv.. If i had known about this type of stuff when i had the car apart i would have put in a layer of foam all over and mlv behind the seats and on flat panels... But there it's no way in hades i am taking interior back out!

I hear ya! I only want to do this once.

Aggie, have you had any luck contacting Don lately? My previous two email attempts have recieved no response.

Not yet, I'll let you know when he gets back to me. I just emailed him yesterday.

How long ago did you email him? I noticed on some other forums that he's sometimes hard to get ahold of.

I will be doing both trucks this coming year i hope. My 24v is bearable but the little 12v truck will rattle your brain.

Really, mine's not bad right now, I just want to see how much I can improve it.

Really, mine's not bad right now, I just want to see how much I can improve it.

Aggie, since you're the one talking about doing they system, would you mind doing some before and after vids with which ever route you decide to go? I'm skeptical of all these products and would like to see some true results.

Back