Test hook on Hooker with CR RPMS

bdp

beans diesel performance
So after a bunch of tuning and preperation it didnt turn out so hot. Did a test hook and when I would get into the rpm range I wanted to take off at the clutch pedal would go to the floor and the clutch would release. After quite a few trys I got rough with it and after pedaling the clutch and throttle I got it to grab and the pedal stay up, got under the charger and run about 2500rpms down the track till the end then it finally came up on rpms and lit the charger.

First hook on new clutch as well so gotta figure out whats up before I can go back out again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idAO20NomGs

Will get the clutch fixed up then be back at it again soon.

Gotta figure out the clutch first then find a hook again. That blip at the start of the run where it went to a million rpms is the clutch giving out then I let out and let it grab. it just wants to suck the pedal down with rpms trying to get out of the hole. Will get it figured out this week I hope.

what's up with clutch issues lately?

seems like it's just certain clutches? Unless it's a weighted clutch I don't see why I would disengauge like that? I thought you were running a slight rev limiter to keep it from reving up that high?

Its a fresh sbc triple with sinterd iron discs. Same clutch I have run for last couple years except for just rebuilt and new material. Peter will help me get it figured out when I get ahold of him to/morrow.

Diaphram clutches lose most of their static pressure by 4500rpm when they are depressed. The diaphram fingers are held flattend out by the centrifugal force and therefore lose their clamp ability since the force trieds to keep the diaphram flat. What rpm are you wanting to take off at? A normal finger pressure plate with our without weights would work better at higher rpms.

Diaphram clutches lose most of their static pressure by 4500rpm when they are depressed. The diaphram fingers are held flattend out by the centrifugal force and therefore lose their clamp ability since the force trieds to keep the diaphram flat. What rpm are you wanting to take off at? A normal finger pressure plate with our without weights would work better at higher rpms.

Makes sense. Tryin to takes it up to atleast 5500 to take off. Reason for the diaphram is limited space in the bellhousing. Will get somethin figured out tomorrow, peter is the man and sbc makes some awesome clutches just have an issue we were not expecting.

Back