Test hook on Hooker with CR RPMS

Sounds like your moving along nicely with it. Any word on final price tag for the Zeus and what kinda RPM files are going to be on it when you buy it? How much for the custom tuning at your shop? thanks

I could see that maybe but gas motor turn more rpm then we do and they don't have a problem with the Pressure plates that I know of
Have you ever taken a gas motor with a diaphram to 5000 and let the clutch out.
It will feel funny but probably hook up but most gas rigs don't have the power were talking about in this thread and if they do they don't have a diaphran clutch in them I bet.

It will come basicly with a stock tune simular to a stock dmax tune you would see in efi. The tables will go to 6000+ rpms but you will have to fill them in and build your tune to run what you want. So basicly I took a stock lly map and started from scratch, stock lly only goes tl like 3200 the rest I had to build, zuess gives me that abilty by having tables that go to 6k. Having really nothing else to go off of I made some educated guesses on inj sizes, timming needed and pulse width to run 6k sat on the computer and built a tune. After some fine tuning I am now making over 1000hp at 4500rpms on a single charger and with less pulse width then a stock 600 series engine idles with. The pull in the vid I was using a charger off a twin set up, 88/88 with a 1.32 housing and even though I got under the charger due to the clutch I was still able to light the charger down the track, you don't often see that happen a charger that big on a sled pull track.

Zuess units will be 3800.0 and our tunning rate is always 250.0 hr on the dyno, time is dictated by mods and what the customer wants. My guess is they might be availible by winter, maby sooner even for the competition guys.

The days of the common guy pulling a common rail are over. Just can't afford that kind money on a truck. Good luck bean truck looks like its going to be strong. Time to find another hobby...

The days of the common guy pulling a common rail are over. Just can't afford that kind money on a truck. Good luck bean truck looks like its going to be strong. Time to find another hobby...

Not really, say you want to build a puller and go all out but have not done anything yet.

buy a cam, injs, springs etc. Buy a Zuess for 3800.00 and have all of your tuning there in one package. Add up a Smarty, TST, MP8 (or other pressure box) boost fooler, etc and its not that far off. Some one could tune it themselves if they didnt have the money to pay for it. Really easy to look at some efi files from a dmax and make a simular file but dont have it rev out to 6000, maby pull it back to 4500 until you can do more with the engine to take the rpms. You can also be very competive with a Smarty and other boxes, been doin it for years as you have also, rpms are not everything.

You should be happy, this will let us cr guys compete with the other built engines out there. If you want to win at major national events it is not going to be done on stacked tuners and boxes, competive yes, win more then likely no.

Besides, pulling for the common guy was long gone in all classes, when guys are getting 30-50,000 engines built to pull in 2.6 class that argument went way out the window. This will just let us cr guys catch up and maby get to the top, so dont be such a downer....:poke:

The day of having a top running truck with minimal investment have been over for about 2 years. $3800 is pretty reasonable.

Look at the local strong running gas truck classes, I say in 3-4 years that is where the diesel classes will be.

$20K+ engine builds, dedicated pullers.

It is the cycle of of events. The ones who are serious will put the money in, the ones who aren't will spectate.

Not really, say you want to build a puller and go all out but have not done anything yet.

buy a cam, injs, springs etc. Buy a Zuess for 3800.00 and have all of your tuning there in one package. Add up a Smarty, TST, MP8 (or other pressure box) boost fooler, etc and its not that far off. Some one could tune it themselves if they didnt have the money to pay for it. Really easy to look at some efi files from a dmax and make a simular file but dont have it rev out to 6000, maby pull it back to 4500 until you can do more with the engine to take the rpms. You can also be very competive with a Smarty and other boxes, been doin it for years as you have also, rpms are not everything.

You should be happy, this will let us cr guys compete with the other built engines out there. If you want to win at major national events it is not going to be done on stacked tuners and boxes, competive yes, win more then likely no.

Besides, pulling for the common guy was long gone in all classes, when guys are getting 30-50,000 engines built to pull in 2.6 class that argument went way out the window. This will just let us cr guys catch up and maby get to the top, so dont be such a downer....:poke:

Bingo!!! Truck looks awesome btw....

theres already a couple cr's out with standalones and I still see them getting beat at every pull? Idk why you think you have no chance because of a standalone...

Ahh not a downer just thinking outloud. Its going to be tough for me to throw that kind of money at a truck. I agree with the money spent on programmers/boxes ones not that far off. Oh don't worry can't wait to see the CR out front just sucks it won't be me:hehe:.

Looked like whoever took that video had terretts or something, got dizzy watchin it lol.

On the melted piston deal, it will all depend on who is tuning it. Melted pistons are a result of too much timming so in therory yes it could end all of your melted piston issues. But get the tunning wrong its no better.

Back