The Compound Game, Primary Finally Ordered!

thread derail -

As a single, you should maintain the divided feed from manifold to turbo, even with divided gasket(s). Keeping the system divided increases the energy transfer to the turbine = better spool/efficiency.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Just always looking for a little edge. haha good luck with your new set up Nick, interested to see how they work for you!

Im excited to see how it runs, Nick always has a good running truck. Those two turbos should really make the truck run good.

Lol if I don't screw up it should. Taylor I didn't know you offered this wheel as an option as well.

Question: I already have a filter setup for a previous s400 single I ran which had the bigger 5.5in inlet race cover. This primary has a standard cover with the smaller 5in inlet. Anyone have any ideas on a bushing of sorts I could slide around the 5in inlet to bridge the difference between the cover and my 5.5in filter setup? Worse case I can sell it and get something else but anywhere I can save a dollar is a good thing! Thanks.

Next question: Any reason to not weld the support for the primary to the hot pipe toward the t6 flane side or right on the t6 flange instead of creating a pedestool to exist between the drain and the drainline? I plan to use the mounts for the heat exchanger to bolt the lower support to.

How thick is your T6 flange? If you don't have one yet, maybe consider this one.

Or you could make the primary support a bolt on affair..

BDPrimarysupport.jpg

How thick is your T6 flange? If you don't have one yet, maybe consider this one.

BDPrimarysupport.jpg

The flange would be the same .5" thick. That is a cool idea and I have seen where people use the back bolts to come up with a mounting bracket but with the straight flange of the steed manifold I would have to get the primary lower most likely.

BDPrimarysupport.jpg

Is my mind playing tricks on me or is the factory heat exchanger still on this truck with this bracket? It looks like that is it below the primary? If I could avoid moving the heat exchanger that would be sweet!

On second thought its their kit which uses the s300 primary. Not sure if that option would work with an s400 primary with its much larger turbine housing and compressor housing.

Last edited:
Next question: Any reason to not weld the support for the primary to the hot pipe toward the t6 flane side or right on the t6 flange instead of creating a pedestool to exist between the drain and the drainline? I plan to use the mounts for the heat exchanger to bolt the lower support to.

I did mine like this.. The hot pipe is welded on top of this flange...
2012-02-25_12-30-54_380.jpg

So, what are the thoughts on this air filter? This is the same filter I have used with various single s400s the largest having been the batmowheel s475. I would assume the 11-blade 75mm compressor will move a little more air. In any event thoughts? It is shorter and would likely be easier to fit than the standard long filter used in compounds. The inlet is 5.5". I will use a transition to get it to fit the standard compressor housing I am going to run.

IMG-20130226-00092_zps77ee3113.jpg

IMG-20130226-00091_zps40c73250.jpg

Back