the start of the 2.6 puller part2

And Im sure we will have them tranny problems worked out when the time comes. I have faith in my sct tuners ability

Your running a single turbo correct? Are you doing anything to the camshaft.

Well holy ****. There is a table for RPM shifting. It can be found under Shift/Lock Schedule > 4x4 Low > Scalar in the SCT tuning software. WOT Rpm shift point for all gears. So are we going to continue to have this conversation? There are also tables in there for shifting based on MPH for each gear as well. Just figured I would mention those as well. And they can also be found under Shift/Lock Schedule > 4x4 Low.

Where does the TC lockup come in to play in 4wd low?? Can you command it to come in in any gear?? Lets say there is a 200 ft track and I want to lock up in second @ x rpm. Is that possiable in the software?? Also when I am in third flying down the track and the computer decides it needs to shift w/out me moving the lever and than I snuff the turbo, how do I control that not to happen?? Also has anybody ran the stand alone controller on a 5r110 and overridden the factory brains on this tranny??

that controller aint gonna help I have already sat down and talked to doug about the trans stuff, in low range you will never start in first gear ever if you command it, lock up wise Im not positive on what hes doing.

Spectre32: like hpprose said she will retain the stock cam for this year,as I dont see the need to drop 1200 bones on one that I`m not gaining much on,and the rpm range that I will be in I honestly havent felt much if any drop off at all. next year is probaly when I will start really getting into the internals and do some other new tricks.

Where does the TC lockup come in to play in 4wd low?? Can you command it to come in in any gear?? Lets say there is a 200 ft track and I want to lock up in second @ x rpm. Is that possiable in the software?? Also when I am in third flying down the track and the computer decides it needs to shift w/out me moving the lever and than I snuff the turbo, how do I control that not to happen?? Also has anybody ran the stand alone controller on a 5r110 and overridden the factory brains on this tranny??

It's all in the torque management. Why don't you go over all that with your tuner? If you want to be competative, figure it out. If you can't deal with the way it shifts, yank it out and put in a manual transmission in there. So quick to hate on the processor but you haven't done a ****ing thing on your own to learn about it.

I just keep reading about how this doesn't work and that doesn't work. All the while people still asking how the system functions. No one says it can't be done because the system doesn't allow it but that its just a piece of ****.

It's all in the torque management. Why don't you go over all that with your tuner? If you want to be competative, figure it out. If you can't deal with the way it shifts, yank it out and put in a manual transmission in there. So quick to hate on the processor but you haven't done a ****ing thing on your own to learn about it.[/QUOTE

What the F@^^ is your problem?? There wasn't anybody hating on you just simple questions. Thought maybe if you had the answers I would get some tunes off you. Don't post up all the info and not expect to get questions. Do you treat all your potential customers this way?? I think you need to go down to the CVS and get some Midol and chill out a little and you could probably make some money off guys like me. Best of luck to you and your truck Lantz.

What the F@^^ is your problem?? There wasn't anybody hating on you just simple questions. Thought maybe if you had the answers I would get some tunes off you. Don't post up all the info and not expect to get questions. Do you treat all your potential customers this way?? I think you need to go down to the CVS and get some Midol and chill out a little and you could probably make some money off guys like me. Best of luck to you and your truck Lantz.

i thought you were a vendor yourself?

p.s. i thought you built your own twin kit..now its a hot street kit?

i thought you were a vendor yourself?

p.s. i thought you built your own twin kit..now its a hot street kit?

I am a vendor but not a tuner. I just asked simple questions, wasn't busting any balls. Just trying to learn more about the tranny. I here Lubeowner say those things and it makes me think about what I need. Than PSD says what he said and makes me curios on if he knows something that can help. I took a desinged kit made for TN turbo's and modified it for the Garrets. So it was BW's kit that I modified. BW has made the same kit for the garretts which is now called the hot street.

I just keep reading about how this doesn't work and that doesn't work. All the while people still asking how the system functions. No one says it can't be done because the system doesn't allow it but that its just a piece of ****.

All I was trying to do was give the guys some advise to help him make an informed decision. He listened and went another route. Fine. I hope it works for him. It would be nice to see other 6.0 pullers out there. I couldn't get it to work right and I couldn't find anyone who could. Simple, good luck guys I hope you find a break through.

I see dusty is still making friends the hard way....I see I need to watch this thread...Sorry Sonic....but Im thinking this thread might go in the gutter with these guys.

Let me know what 6oh parts you need. I may have some stuff laying around you might want

I see dusty is still making friends the hard way....I see I need to watch this thread...Sorry Sonic....but Im thinking this thread might go in the gutter with these guys.

Let me know what 6oh parts you need. I may have some stuff laying around you might want

Me asking questions is making friends the hard way?? He is the one that got all mad @ me, I thought he had some good info for everybody.

its ok dusty, Im still learning on the trans side as well, I think maybe you should talk to doug about it before it all gets thrown outta wack.. hopefully we can get this beast tamed and working good.

Lubeowner: I really thank you for the help, what all did you have done to the rear-end? I have a locker and gears, but didnt you end up getting shafts made or somthing??? let me know

Robts: what parts might you still have??? shoot me a pm or somthing.

thanks for some of the insight,and hopefully most of my parts will be in the end of this week!!

i
Lubeowner: I really thank you for the help, what all did you have done to the rear-end? I have a locker and gears, but didnt you end up getting shafts made or somthing??? let me know

I had the stock Axle shafts. There really aren't much for options for the 10.5 rear end. Kevin Bahr (SP) seems to be having good luck with his Moser Axles. I never tried them. I just went junk yard hunting and found a few sets of spares. I say that I averaged breaking one about every 15 hooks or so, just as a guess. If I had to do it again I would find a rear end out of a Dodge SWR Dana 80 and get a 37 spline ARB and install the Haisley axle shafts. I would not use SCS shafts as guys seem to be breaking them. There is a shop out in CaL that makes the Haisley shafts and he is aobut the only guy who can make the long side shaft for a Ford Dana 80.

As for 10.5 and pulling you really have three options in my opinion. ARB, Detroit Tru-trac, and a Welder. A detroit locker will be destroyed when an axle shaft snaps. I woule vote for the Tru-Trac as my first choice, works great and still is very streetable. The only rear problem with it is if you break an axle sahft early in the pull it will unlock and put all power tothe broke axle shaft, thus you will only have front wheel drive, but it will live through the broken shaft. It is also very affordable. The ARB is just to rich for my blood, so I would choose weld next.

Back