Track tonight

12VALVEADAM

Motivated
Well went to the track tonight to see if i could get some base line runs before truckfest.

r/t: .211
60': 2.2
330': 6.12
1/8: 9.3
mph 77.10
1000': 12.12
1/4: 14.4
mph: 95.15

Does this seem right with the mods I have? Just seems like its slower then it shoould be. Now this is on the "MOUNTAIN" lmao but really seems kinda low.

edit... also when it shifts to od the turbo surges real bad

Last edited:
I would think 11-12s with that combo...seems down on power somewhere.

Thats what i was thinking! Ill post some videos up when i can. But there is little to no smoke, at only 40-45 boost pressure.

edit... Egt's are only 1450 max

60ft will need work. Also it does seem way down on power from trap speed. What is your FP?

yes 60' is horrible! left at about 10 psi, and this was the last run i did. The first one was a 15.9 at 93mph 2.9 60', second was 14.9 at 94mph 2.5 60' then this one. fp is 35 psi wot on a 180 ppump

edit... 40psi at idle

Last edited:
If its a 4wd you need to leave harder then 10psi. I highly doubt it will get on top of the turbo very quick leaving at 10lbs with that turbo.

It must be down on power though based on the mph.

Because he had the turbo and fuel capable if the power to run that fast..

What is fuel pressure under load? That its the question.

looks like it doesn't backhalf very well, seems to fall off.

I think it is short shifting. I hold 3rd to 3300 then lock od. Rpms drop to 2200. Fp is 35psi wot.

Edit... In the 14.4 run from the time I shift from 3rd to od the turbo is surging till 100' from the end.

Last edited:
with all do respect, how do you see 11's..........:Cheer:

11's might be pushing it, but I know a truck locally here went high 11s with 5x18s and a 160 pump. Lightweight regular cab though.

Sounds like it could be something in the pump or injectors...

Manual shifting the trans? If not I would recommend it.
You need to hold 3rd longer with a big single to keep it from surging. I know if OD comes in too soon our truck really lays down.

I don't think there is enough info there to pin it to a fueling issue.

My $.02

Last edited:
What does the truck weigh? Pump benched? Injectors pop tested? Timing? I went 13's with an HX35, stock delivery valves, and 5x12s, so you're definitely down on power.

What spring are you using in your gsk? Last time I was at the track with a similarish setup I ran a 13.5 at 101. I failed at shifting more than once, lost fuel pressure, and my gsk spring was waaaay to stiff. Learning your manual vb is very important so is fuel pressure and full rack travel. I cut the same 60 fts though with street tires and 2wd LOL. Also when do you lock the converter?

If you're leaving at 15-20 psi in 4x4 with a 2.2 60', you got some traction problems too

Back