Truck runs like crap!!

Old pump nut with an allen to rotate the pump? Very slick, thinkin I need to make one now.

The allen head bolt acts like a jam nut so you can take the big nut off with your fingers as to not move the pump shaft....

Suposed to be 280 bar. Im not shure those cause they dont seem like they are workin right at all.

So on your dial indicator when you have it in the dv on your pump, how do you know how much equals 1 degree of timing according to the indicator measurements? And I'm assuming you have it placed in the #1 cylinder spot on the pump? I have to do the same thing and set my timing @ 30 degrees.

Theres a timing chart on Diesel Timing. Then you just follow the patterns yourself till you get to your timing. Yes you put it in the number one dv hole.

if you've got raw fuel leaking out of exhaust joints then its an injector problem and not timing.

Some time ago I changed cam and springs. The springs were binding in the pockets machined into the head. This caused a couple of valves to stay slightly open. It was spitting fuel out where there was a slight ex leak.

I hope its not that. Its a lot of fuel tho, i bet there was a pint of fuel or more if you could catch it all and the truck didnt run more that a 90 seconds.

Some time ago I changed cam and springs. The springs were binding in the pockets machined into the head. This caused a couple of valves to stay slightly open. It was spitting fuel out where there was a slight ex leak.

Not to hijack, But how did you find the spring bind? Could it be seen by barring the engine over? what was the cure? PM me as to not sh!t up NEsmokers thread.

Bump for RCP's oil change suggestion.

I know about the oil, Its new oil and it was only gonna be in there for the first few starts till i get the head heat cycled and get it running proper. Then it was getting dropped and fresh stuff in for first run. I have been checking it everytime we start and it hasnt gained any yet or smell like fuel it all. Its only gonna be in there for a few more days.

Ron can post more details on his spring bind subject to cause that would be good info to know.

Injectors will be goin out tomorro and im gonna see if i can snag the stock set out of my buddies 00 to see if it runs then.

Back