Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Only thing that comes to mind is a RT12513, which has some weird gears in it, but still not what that guy mentioned.

Well them I'm back to my direct drive 10spd backed by a 4spd aux idea like I wanted to do in the first place.

Where you at in MI?

The gluten goes to Wyoming Michigan to a storage facility. I take hominy to all kinds of places around southern Michigan but normal stops are Wayland, Jonesville, Fulton, Albion, Lake Odessa and Bad Axe.

The gluten goes to Wyoming Michigan to a storage facility. I take hominy to all kinds of places around southern Michigan but normal stops are Wayland, Jonesville, Fulton, Albion, Lake Odessa and Bad Axe.

Okay, I live in edwardsburg. Which is basically on the border of Indiana. But I know where Fulton is

Well them I'm back to my direct drive 10spd backed by a 4spd aux idea like I wanted to do in the first place.

So you are worried about turning the auxiliary section of an 18spd, yet you think turning another transmission isn't going to do the same thing.

I'm mostly worried about the reverse ratio. I have a buddy that did the 2.64's with an 18spd and he says reverse is still too fast for his liking.

So you are worried about turning the auxiliary section of an 18spd, yet you think turning another transmission isn't going to do the same thing.
Was thinking the same thing. The amount of $ you would spend doing all this work and buying parts I can't imagine would every pay for itself.

I have to rebuild the diffs anyway so no money lost there and I can pick up a used Spicer 4spd for $700.

Are you forgetting about making the driveshafts and figuring out a way to mount that under the truck. Also making a shifting mechanism.

What engine and pics of the cracks?

From My Not-So-Smart Phone

DieselMonster. I bet series 60. there is a stiffener kit that adds supports that bolt the gear case to the head at the top of both sides. If it's a 60 your talking about I know what it's doing. You need that stiffener kit.

Are you forgetting about making the driveshafts and figuring out a way to mount that under the truck. Also making a shifting mechanism.

Buddy just put a rebuilt 6&4 in a 359 with a B cat. Lasted about two weeks before he lost 6th and it won't stay in 4th without holding it. His empty weight is heavy. Said yesterday the 18spd in the shop is looking real good now but wanted to play with a twin stick.

There isn't a point for it anymore, two speed rears is probably the way I would go, I'd much rather have a setup that works than something your guessing at.

I know I need to, but I am still debating on if I want to turn my 12513 into a double over or not, it would be easier than trying to find a faster set of rears for these ancient housings.

There isn't a point for it anymore, two speed rears is probably the way I would go, I'd much rather have a setup that works than something your guessing at.

I know I need to, but I am still debating on if I want to turn my 12513 into a double over or not, it would be easier than trying to find a faster set of rears for these ancient housings.

why change the rears out? cnat be that hard to find a set formw a rolled/wrecked semi

Not going to find much of that stuff still around for a 1970's era truck. Fast ratios for the SQH series rockwells are pretty hard to find. I can most likely have the transmission modified for about the same cost as one diff.

ah ok, i was thinking a set of rears from a 1990+ semi, but if its cehaper to redo the tranny for sure i would fo that route

it still there, just hit a snag, i have all the parts waiting, (OTR trucker) i just cant weld to finish install, need alot of owrk still

Back