Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Get out for flamesuit man, you're gonna need it with this anti-comfort nonsense. Haha. I turned down buying a NICE 359 because it had a Hendrickson walking beam suspension......that air seat isn't gonna do much for ya. I'm so glad the one I bought has a Pete airleaf

Compared to an air seat that doesn't work, an air seat will do wonders! Ask me how I know!

Shoot, I don't even run air in my off-road dump truck seat! I like to sit low and don't like bouncing up and down ten times after hitting a bump

Same here lol, this is eye level in my KW.
hanamy5a.jpg

That's with my seat all the way down, all I can see is the top of my bird's wings, just the way I like it lol

im a low rider too.. my dad calls me unconventional for doing so.. but I guess im normal in this group haha..

on a different note.. just signed a contract for atleast 6 months hauling rock locally/regionally for highway project on top of hauling grain. so im looking at a rig with a small sleeper on it. and may have potentially found one that's light enough, short enough, and new enough to fit my requirements..link below; need advice. yes im aware it has a mill miles on it.. just mainly want to know whats it worth as im assuming its never been overhauled. initial call will be made to dealer tomorrow to inqure.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4695917

Way too much, you can find trucks with a fresh overhaul for less than that

My seat sits as low as possible.

That truck is WAY to much money. Mill miles, isx boat anchor, single breather... My vote is no.

My twin showed up on the job we are on. Hauled quite a bit with this guy. Kinda nice to have an older (ish) guy treat us younger guys in the industry with some respect.
anyqy6ez.jpg

im a low rider too.. my dad calls me unconventional for doing so.. but I guess im normal in this group haha..

on a different note.. just signed a contract for atleast 6 months hauling rock locally/regionally for highway project on top of hauling grain. so im looking at a rig with a small sleeper on it. and may have potentially found one that's light enough, short enough, and new enough to fit my requirements..link below; need advice. yes im aware it has a mill miles on it.. just mainly want to know whats it worth as im assuming its never been overhauled. initial call will be made to dealer tomorrow to inqure.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4695917

There is a 2000 379 in Cabool Mo.
N14 @525
13spd
260"wb
63" standup
One owner with 50k on complete overhaul with papers for 35k

Here in Idaho there's a 2000 379 with 880k, 6NZ cat 550hp with 30k on a cat platinum overhaul, fresh paint, and good tires for 29k

I cant seem to find any set up like it around here... all I can find are cheap stand up sleepers and that's not what I want...

Why does everyone hate the Isx so much? When properly maintenance is done there not that bad compared to what's out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does everyone hate the Isx so much? When properly maintenance is done there not that bad compared to what's out there

Break often, when they do it costs big money to fix. I don't really care for older cummins either though. That is based off driving characteristics though.

What breaks often. If you know the fuel pump is weak pay the small amount to have the plungers changed. Not the pump. If you know the cams can be bad change your oil on good intervals. Idk maybe I have a bias opinion but I like the engine

EGR valves always go out, lots of problems with the vgt, cams, fuel transfer pump, etc etc......I'd rather have an acert than an ISX. The last really good Cummins was the N-14.

I just want a small 36-48 bunk like that.. with a shorter wheelbase. and cheap ha.. since buying this 613 mack ive actually grown to like them. enough so ive been looking at visions with baby sleepers and 210'' wheelbases with 427 motors and 10/13 speeds..

Back