Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I just want a small 36-48 bunk like that.. with a shorter wheelbase. and cheap ha.. since buying this 613 mack ive actually grown to like them. enough so ive been looking at visions with baby sleepers and 210'' wheelbases with 427 motors and 10/13 speeds..

Good luck on the small bunk... Not that easy to find compared to a ~63" or so.

And also your taste in trucks sucks lol jk

EGR valves always go out, lots of problems with the vgt, cams, fuel transfer pump, etc etc......I'd rather have an acert than an ISX. The last really good Cummins was the N-14.

What version did you have. Sound like the 870? The 2350 isn't a bad engine. Am I crazy to say a signature can hold it's own against a little of anything ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What version did you have. Sound like the 870? The 2350 isn't a bad engine. Am I crazy to say a signature can hold it's own against a little of anything ?

I'm not sure what one it was but I wasn't impressed, the signature 6 was a pretty good engine but given the choice between a signature and a cat, I'd take the cat every day

Why does everyone hate the Isx so much? When properly maintenance is done there not that bad compared to what's out there

I have no problem with the 600hp ISX on one of our baggers. It has no emissions equipment and a fixed geometry turbo. Gets better fuel economy than the 550hp and 580hp C15s we have.

I have no problem with the 600hp ISX on one of our baggers. It has no emissions equipment and a fixed geometry turbo. Gets better fuel economy than the 550hp and 580hp C15s we have.

That's what I mean. They are only problematic because the emissions that were forced on them. Cummins held out and produced a motor that most can't comply with

It's sad I don't have an inheritance to blow or somethin... :(
apuzyjy2.jpg

qaqavy2e.jpg

it has a 5 spd , not thinking this is gonna be real fun to drive !!!!

That's part of what I remember about 3 our Mack's is that they all had Maxidyne and Maxitorque 5 speed transmission in them. I'm not really planning on working the truck other than parades and moving the occasional truck or piece of equipment around for the company. There is some history involved with our company and Mack trucks other than all of ours had solid mount cabs with Camelback suspension instead of Air Ride cab and suspension like this one does.

Plus I want to teach the boys like my dad did with me when he said climb up and back her out one Sunday afternoon when I was about 12 years old. It was a pretty awesome feeling moving around 80,000 pounds by my self as a 12 year old. I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up.

What breaks often. If you know the fuel pump is weak pay the small amount to have the plungers changed. Not the pump. If you know the cams can be bad change your oil on good intervals. Idk maybe I have a bias opinion but I like the engine

Tuned they're not a bad motor, just not a great platform for big HP. Not a lot of meat in the block. If Cummins would pull their heads out of their butts and run some real oil pressure and they might live longer. Maybe it's just me but if I can take a hot motor and idle it down to say 500-550 RPM and the low oil pressure alarm goes off because it's only doing 12psi there's potentially a problem there. Every one I've had the cam's out of the bearings looked like chit. They finally switched to drilled rods like the Acert, relying on oil splash to lube the wrist pin is fine and worked for Cat for all the 3406E and early C15's but they run 80psi of pressure cold and 60 hot. Cummins barely makes 30 on a good day.

That being said a deleted 870\871 with a good tune is a running mfer and chances are after you get all the junk off of it you'll only see a shop for oil changes.

And before anyone says "but Cat parts are so expensive" you've never priced Cummins parts. CM870\871 injectors are around $100 more each over Cat and they're not even electronic. Also the timing and fuel actuators are pretty salty also.

And before anyone says "but Cat parts are so expensive" you've never priced Cummins parts. CM870\871 injectors are around $100 more each over Cat and they're not even electronic. Also the timing and fuel actuators are pretty salty also.

LOL I used to say that in the 90's.
Today we have more money invested in Cummins VG Turbo's, actuators, sensors, and injectors, than we used to have in our complete parts inventory. Then put the core charges on top. :doh:

ISX= ISXpensive.

Oh how I wish I had a yellow engine....

There's some hope for you being ok after all lol.

LOL I used to say that in the 90's.

Today we have more money invested in Cummins VG Turbo's, actuators, sensors, and injectors, than we used to have in our complete parts inventory. Then put the core charges on top. :doh:

ISX= ISXpensive.

Straight from the cummins man himself!!

Here's my normal view pic
evu9ajej.jpg

That's part of what I remember about 3 our Mack's is that they all had Maxidyne and Maxitorque 5 speed transmission in them. I'm not really planning on working the truck other than parades and moving the occasional truck or piece of equipment around for the company. There is some history involved with our company and Mack trucks other than all of ours had solid mount cabs with Camelback suspension instead of Air Ride cab and suspension like this one does.

Plus I want to teach the boys like my dad did with me when he said climb up and back her out one Sunday afternoon when I was about 12 years old. It was a pretty awesome feeling moving around 80,000 pounds by my self as a 12 year old. I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up.

I understand, I was recently got to drive a Mack, with a 8v71 and a maxtq trans .. its was like going back to grandpa driving me around ... like a BB in a Pop can !! But it was quite fun , even just across the parking lot LOL

That's what we started our trucking business 5 years ago with.. A 1985 R model.. Upgraded 350 motor with a straight 5 speed tranny with a direct hi and low option.. And 5 reverse gears! Love that, can still back a trailer up 25mph because of that ole girl.. Same semi my dad taught me to drive in. Never forget that memory. Best thing I ever did was letting my dad talk to me into getting my cdl..

Back