Truckers, lets see your rigs!

f55fbc038a26435698b246e6fb4ddf3b.jpg

Can someone explain to me why this truck is worth 114,000.00, and why it has the wrong dash in it as well.
http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5595033

Sorry to offend you by asking such an outrageous price for my truck. I guess next time I will put it on comp d for all the experts to price out.

Here is my theory:

1- Can't raise the price once its listed.

2- The truck is about as new as you can get, Every part under the hood, hose, paint, rears, suspension, etc, all new. Its basically an 01 glider.

3- Yes for another 20k you can buy a new truck. It wont look anything like what I have, but it will look like 10,000 other trucks on the road.

So, I came up with a number, ya maybe not worth 114, but we'll see. For now I'll just keep driving it. I am open to offers as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry to offend you by asking such an outrageous price for my truck. I guess next time I will put it on comp d for all the experts to price out.

Here is my theory:

2- The truck is about as new as you can get, Every part under the hood, hose, paint, rears, suspension, etc, all new. Its basically an 01 glider.

3- Yes for another 20k you can buy a new truck. It wont look anything like what I have, but it will look like 10,000 other trucks on the road.

So, I came up with a number, ya maybe not worth 114, but we'll see. For now I'll just keep driving it. I am open to offers as well. Thanks.

You have every right to ask whatever price you wish however most guys truck shopping will see that price, giggle and move on.

Issues with your truck.
1.No bank is going to loan anywhere near that amount for that old of a truck.

2. Anyone with $114k cash is going to build their own

Again I'm not knocking your truck I can tell you have put a lot of time and money in it but $114k? Guess that makes my spare truck, 2002 W9 with 500k miles worth $130k?

Your right it doesn't look like 10k other trucks but there are 4 identical to it within 100mi of me. Along with the usual dark grey with black roof/fenders.

You have every right to ask whatever price you wish however most guys truck shopping will see that price, giggle and move on.

Issues with your truck.
1.No bank is going to loan anywhere near that amount for that old of a truck.

2. Anyone with $114k cash is going to build their own

Again I'm not knocking your truck I can tell you have put a lot of time and money in it but $114k? Guess that makes my spare truck, 2002 W9 with 500k miles worth $130k?

Your right it doesn't look like 10k other trucks but there are 4 identical to it within 100mi of me. Along with the usual dark grey with black roof/fenders.

I'm not looking to get in an argument with anyone about this. But I will defend myself.

1- I fully understand that no bank is going to loan someone the full asking price of my truck, most will "giggle" and move on yes. Its not a truck for "most". It is a custom truck. There are people that have the cash to buy it or have one built like it. So if they don't want to spend the time specing out a truck to their liking, mine would make them a nice turn key custom truck.

2- If my time is even worth $20/hour, then yes I have well over $114k in this truck. Not starting a brand war, but go find a pete flat top 48" bunk truck with a 6nz and 18 speed in decent shape to start with. Then tear down to frame rails, put on a 2011 flex air cut off, sand blast and paint chassis, install all new hoses, recondition wire harness, make abs fully functional, have lights and horns shaved from cab roof, paint cab, bunk, tanks, breathers, visor, drop panels, build new fuel tank, new front and rear full fenders. Then have the engine fully inframed(with cat 3 year unlimited mile warranty, replace all components of a/c system, all power steering components, new air compressor, new cam and followers, new jake housings. Etc, etc, etc....

3- How can you even begin to compare your "spare" truck with what I have and consider it worth more? Its not even apples to apples, does it have 3 year unlimited mile warranty on everything under the hood? Does it have 10 virgin tires? Like I said, I came up with a number, it doesn't mean I'm going around telling people "that there truck is worth 114k". Its a starting point, would I take less? Sure, but I'm damn sure not going to put it up for 75k because that's what someONE else thinks it's worth.

4- IF there is four just like it near you then good for those guys, they have good taste in trucks IMHO. There are 0 like it in my area. I have seen one that is similar, however I was 2 states away.

I'm not looking to get in an argument with anyone about this. But I will defend myself.

1- I fully understand that no bank is going to loan someone the full asking price of my truck, most will "giggle" and move on yes. Its not a truck for "most". It is a custom truck. There are people that have the cash to buy it or have one built like it. So if they don't want to spend the time specing out a truck to their liking, mine would make them a nice turn key custom truck.

2- If my time is even worth $20/hour, then yes I have well over $114k in this truck. Not starting a brand war, but go find a pete flat top 48" bunk truck with a 6nz and 18 speed in decent shape to start with. Then tear down to frame rails, put on a 2011 flex air cut off, sand blast and paint chassis, install all new hoses, recondition wire harness, make abs fully functional, have lights and horns shaved from cab roof, paint cab, bunk, tanks, breathers, visor, drop panels, build new fuel tank, new front and rear full fenders. Then have the engine fully inframed(with cat 3 year unlimited mile warranty, replace all components of a/c system, all power steering components, new air compressor, new cam and followers, new jake housings. Etc, etc, etc....

3- How can you even begin to compare your "spare" truck with what I have and consider it worth more? Its not even apples to apples, does it have 3 year unlimited mile warranty on everything under the hood? Does it have 10 virgin tires? Like I said, I came up with a number, it doesn't mean I'm going around telling people "that there truck is worth 114k". Its a starting point, would I take less? Sure, but I'm damn sure not going to put it up for 75k because that's what someONE else thinks it's worth.

4- IF there is four just like it near you then good for those guys, they have good taste in trucks IMHO. There are 0 like it in my area. I have seen one that is similar, however I was 2 states away.

Like I said you can ask any price and believe whatever you want but you had better have some thick skin and expect some people to ask WTF. Ask anyone who's ever done what you have done and ask them if they ever get anything close to the amount of money they have in it. Custom truck owners always have the same attitude about their trucks. Not everything custom adds value. Good luck with your sale.

Believe me, my skin is thick, I've been beat down time and time again, hell I truck pulled with a Ford...I managed to figure out how to win with it. And honestly, I put both my trucks for sale for what I had in them and I have one sold, so if this one doesn't sell, it really doesn't bother me. I love driving it and getting complimented on it every where I go.

Here is my theory:

Didn't mean to start a chit show by any means, I know where u are coming from I hope the truck sels for u I am just a synical buyer and not the guy for this truck. I agree a fully rebuilt truck is worth top dollar, but a Fitzgerald glider can be bought for around 130 and is new. Good luck with the sale, there is a a$$ for every seat.

Not throwing stones here, and by no means are my feelings hurt by anything said, I'm just defending myself. Let's compare apples tho, a Fitzgerald glider and my truck are different in many ways. Not knocking them at all, just pointing out the the differences.

Fitz comes with 500hp detroit, nothing at all wrong this, but mine has the beloved 6nz with 600+hp.

No Fitz glider will look anything like mine for 130, that's a plain Jane truck, and I know to some, customizations do not add value....however in this market they have to be considered in the cost of the truck.

This could be wrong, but aren't you also paying 12% FET on top of sale price? No tax with my truck.

If you ordered a glider today, when would you get it? I've been told they're 4-5 months out. In the trucking industry, at least for an owner operator, if he has a truck wrecked or catosrtophic failure, he can't wait that long.

Again, not knocking a new glider, I'd love to have one and hinsight tells me that's the route I should have gone instead of building this one, but simply defending my reputation. As good buddy of mine who has made some interesting choices in wheel/tire combo on his dmax; to each his own!

No FET and they usually have them in stock... If you want a custom order then it can be a 3-5 month wait... You can also get a Cat if you want.

Love your truck... Looks like a well built truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a sharp truck. It's only worth the money to someone who wants it to be.
Who inframed it? The paint looks good for just an inframe.

Not throwing stones here, and by no means are my feelings hurt by anything said, I'm just defending myself. Let's compare apples tho, a Fitzgerald glider and my truck are different in many ways. Not knocking them at all, just pointing out the the differences.

Fitz comes with 500hp detroit, nothing at all wrong this, but mine has the beloved 6nz with 600+hp.

No Fitz glider will look anything like mine for 130, that's a plain Jane truck, and I know to some, customizations do not add value....however in this market they have to be considered in the cost of the truck.

This could be wrong, but aren't you also paying 12% FET on top of sale price? No tax with my truck.

If you ordered a glider today, when would you get it? I've been told they're 4-5 months out. In the trucking industry, at least for an owner operator, if he has a truck wrecked or catosrtophic failure, he can't wait that long.

Again, not knocking a new glider, I'd love to have one and hinsight tells me that's the route I should have gone instead of building this one, but simply defending my reputation. As good buddy of mine who has made some interesting choices in wheel/tire combo on his dmax; to each his own!

We've built 4 gliders here and have 2 more waiting. Some with Cats some with Cummins, 389's loaded cost the guy around $86k. You can buy a reman 13spd for around $4500 no core (18spd is about the same), I've been getting motors for $3-$6k Cat/Cummins and after the overhaul and a list of misc parts (exhaust, hoses ect) the total usually ends up being around $130k and everything is new.

As far as looking anything like your truck....again this is not an argument it's just point:counterpoint. I'm seeing WTI fenders and painted grill/tanks/breathers. All of which can be done pretty cheap on a new truck but most guys that have done it didn't do it again because the paint never holds up to being sandblasted on the road and WTI's barely keep from cracking in the boxes. Friend took his new out of the box and coated the insides with about 1/2" of epoxy to stiffen them up, so far so good.

As far as the 6NZ love, I don't get it. I have 2 and have considered selling the rockerboxes with the serial number stickers because guys are drooling over them. Inside there is NOTHING different between them and an old 2WS and other than the cam gear you can go back as far as the 5EK. The Acerts are capable of surviving more hp because of the 4 bolt rods, monotherms and bigger rod bearings but guys love the mystical 6NZ. :hehe: I bought 2 MXS's for $3500 each complete, but guy wanted $6500 for the 6NZ beside it. This is why I've started building hybrids, Acert with 16:1 compression monotherms, acert twins and injectors, 6NZ ecm and 800hp cam. Make 800hp and love it but without the alum piston skirts to gall up. Sucks guys are starting to figure this out, used to be able to trade an MBN for the price of a VCR but the word is out they're almost identical and now they're high too.

We've built 4 gliders here and have 2 more waiting. Some with Cats some with Cummins, 389's loaded cost the guy around $86k. You can buy a reman 13spd for around $4500 no core (18spd is about the same), I've been getting motors for $3-$6k Cat/Cummins and after the overhaul and a list of misc parts (exhaust, hoses ect) the total usually ends up being around $130k and everything is new.

As far as looking anything like your truck....again this is not an argument it's just point:counterpoint. I'm seeing WTI fenders and painted grill/tanks/breathers. All of which can be done pretty cheap on a new truck but most guys that have done it didn't do it again because the paint never holds up to being sandblasted on the road and WTI's barely keep from cracking in the boxes. Friend took his new out of the box and coated the insides with about 1/2" of epoxy to stiffen them up, so far so good.

As far as the 6NZ love, I don't get it. I have 2 and have considered selling the rockerboxes with the serial number stickers because guys are drooling over them. Inside there is NOTHING different between them and an old 2WS and other than the cam gear you can go back as far as the 5EK. The Acerts are capable of surviving more hp because of the 4 bolt rods, monotherms and bigger rod bearings but guys love the mystical 6NZ. :hehe: I bought 2 MXS's for $3500 each complete, but guy wanted $6500 for the 6NZ beside it. This is why I've started building hybrids, Acert with 16:1 compression monotherms, acert twins and injectors, 6NZ ecm and 800hp cam. Make 800hp and love it but without the alum piston skirts to gall up. Sucks guys are starting to figure this out, used to be able to trade an MBN for the price of a VCR but the word is out they're almost identical and now they're high too.
What flash are you using with these?

My dealer must really be putting the screws to me, I had a glider speced and was told 140, no engine or trans. And that was with FET included.

Unless there was some sort of miscommunication, maybe he thought I was pricing one that was completed.

1996 9400 International with a 1995 Competition stacker trailer. 500 horse N14 with a 9 speed...

Attachments

• IMG_20141104_075522_647.jpg
    IMG_20141104_075522_647.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20141105_122634_337E.jpg
    IMG_20141105_122634_337E.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20141105_151545_496E.jpg
    IMG_20141105_151545_496E.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20141106_095536_630.jpg
    IMG_20141106_095536_630.jpg