Truckers, lets see your rigs!

It is a sharp truck. It's only worth the money to someone who wants it to be.
Who inframed it? The paint looks good for just an inframe.

In frame was done at JX peterbilt Bloomington, IL.

I cleaned and painted the engine when the truck was apart. Would have had it rebuilt then, but I was told it had been "overhauled" 200k before I got it. It may have been apart, but they failed miserably in putting it back together correctly.

I replaced front and rear main seals, as well as removed all the sound deadening crap when the truck was apart too.

My dealer must really be putting the screws to me, I had a glider speced and was told 140, no engine or trans. And that was with FET included.
Yea you need to find a dealer that's does them all the time. Guy we build these for ordered his first 2 from Pete of Findlay, the rest came from Cincinnati. Big price difference and they came in with more of the correct parts. Been warned by 2 guys not to order a KW glider from KW of Dayton. Guys couldn't order a pizza and get it right.

Yea you need to find a dealer that's does them all the time. Guy we build these for ordered his first 2 from Pete of Findlay, the rest came from Cincinnati. Big price difference and they came in with more of the correct parts. Been warned by 2 guys not to order a KW glider from KW of Dayton. Guys couldn't order a pizza and get it right.

That seems odd on the pricing, aren't both dealers Allstate?

I see, curious how MHC in Chillicothe is going to compete with the other KW dealers in the state.

I see, curious how MHC in Chillicothe is going to compete with the other KW dealers in the state.
Hope they hand them their asses. Dayton sucks, Columbus does too. Dayton has at least 20 seats in stock but won't have filters, that and everyone there has a continuous IV drip of the Paccar MX Kool-Aid. They're a total POS, Pete in Cinci won't order one unless someone demands it and will not take one on trade. Dayton pushes them because the dealer gets like a $2500 kickback and the owner gets the shaft. He said Paccar charges him a penalty for every truck he orders with a Cummins. Dayton sold a guy here 2 of them junkers, loaded T800 daycabs with the 38" sleeper and the boat anchor MX. They get towed to the dealer almost once a month, its a rare day if they make it without a derate. Paid $130k for them 3yrs ago, put 150k miles on them in 3 yrs and Dayton wouldn't even trade one for a glider. :bang

I know it sounds like they have big plans, something about building a 40 bay shop or some stupid number like that to try and get all the work setting up new trucks that come out of the plant for every dealership.

7b64deb79c2b7ca6127d1f991e29c8f9.jpg

Got wood?

I figured you would have had that truck sold soon after putting it on Craigslist.

Far as I know it did sell.
In other news, this was my fun yesterday and today so far. Loading dried distillers while it's still hot.

Attachments

• Capture9_23_33.jpg
    Capture9_23_33.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
I figured you would have had that truck sold soon after putting it on Craigslist.
It sold after four days, the guy is picking it up today.
He is trying to sell already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yessir. Its time for another project, I'm thinking I'll try a 90's W900 this time unless I can get my hands on the big hood 359 I've had my eyes on for awhile.

Last edited:
It sold after four days, the guy is picking it up today.

Yessir. Its time for another project, I'm thinking I'll try a 90's W900 this time unless I can get my hands on the big hood 359 I've had my eyes on for awhile.

Good to hear, good luck on finding the next truck. I think a flat glass L model would be sweet.

What ever became of the standard hood with the K series cummins in it?

Good to hear, good luck on finding the next truck. I think a flat glass L model would be sweet.

What ever became of the standard hood with the K series cummins in it?
Its the same guy that's got the big hood 359, he is being tight fisted with both of them and its irritating, I hate to see trucks like that just rotting away

Its the same guy that's got the big hood 359, he is being tight fisted with both of them and its irritating, I hate to see trucks like that just rotting away

Tell me about it, these are all at the same place, not for sale. Supposedly some are big power trucks.

73B06793-8B46-4B23-8B5B-9603FB450B24_zps8om2juji.jpg

953FAC3A-DF0E-48B3-A24A-3D67FB141A12_zpslkwjdw0t.jpg

D51AAE77-1E9F-4465-A323-2D531EB8A6FC_zpsyqalrlq1.jpg

AA014B30-93AF-48C7-8A2C-51193B5FE36D_zpszxgqqzua.jpg

0AF4D13C-E671-4980-8EF5-34F147C20B4C_zpsza2xuvem.jpg

36C9053E-36AF-407A-ADE3-05BA1AF3C650_zpsc8u28xqf.jpg

D3F8AB8C-A671-42E8-89A6-F9176DD3CC34_zps44nzmcd4.jpg

F6974808-99FE-49B8-BD9F-9767355F08D4_zpsx4lijydv.jpg

Back