Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yea you need to find a dealer that's does them all the time. Guy we build these for ordered his first 2 from Pete of Findlay, the rest came from Cincinnati. Big price difference and they came in with more of the correct parts. Been warned by 2 guys not to order a KW glider from KW of Dayton. Guys couldn't order a pizza and get it right.

Cincinnati Pete "built" our glider...said it was there first back in April/May.

So far, been back there once for a check engine light, said there was some connection issues or something along those lines. Not a problem since other than a dead battery from the fridge.

Driver isn't complaining about the power either, so must be pretty good. 550hp 6NZ....Was around $160k for everything. APU, headache rack, wet line, fenders, etc, etc.

Chris

Cincinnati Pete "built" our glider...said it was there first back in April/May.

So far, been back there once for a check engine light, said there was some connection issues or something along those lines. Not a problem since other than a dead battery from the fridge.

Driver isn't complaining about the power either, so must be pretty good. 550hp 6NZ....Was around $160k for everything. APU, headache rack, wet line, fenders, etc, etc.

Chris

Not bad for all the extras.

Tell me about it, these are all at the same place, not for sale. Supposedly some are big power trucks.

73B06793-8B46-4B23-8B5B-9603FB450B24_zps8om2juji.jpg

953FAC3A-DF0E-48B3-A24A-3D67FB141A12_zpslkwjdw0t.jpg

D51AAE77-1E9F-4465-A323-2D531EB8A6FC_zpsyqalrlq1.jpg

AA014B30-93AF-48C7-8A2C-51193B5FE36D_zpszxgqqzua.jpg

0AF4D13C-E671-4980-8EF5-34F147C20B4C_zpsza2xuvem.jpg

36C9053E-36AF-407A-ADE3-05BA1AF3C650_zpsc8u28xqf.jpg

D3F8AB8C-A671-42E8-89A6-F9176DD3CC34_zps44nzmcd4.jpg

F6974808-99FE-49B8-BD9F-9767355F08D4_zpsx4lijydv.jpg

Wish they were for sale! One of those would be the kind of project truck I've been looking for. Looked at several trucks but just haven't found anything yet. Hate to see them just rusting away in the weeds.

Last edited:
Has a damn good engine under the hood! Shame it's not a 9600 or longer!

Right up until the fan, clutch, and mount fell the **** off the engine tonight north of Jacksonville headed to New Smyrna Speedway, we have no idea how far we drove like that. We noticed it was starting to get warm in traffic and my co-driver flipped the fan switch on and it did nothing, well we just had the truck and engine washed so we thought they knocked a wire off...

Nah, it was laying in the fan shroud, it never made a noise or hurt anything, I was actually amazed, just rubbed into one fan blade a little from the balancer. We pulled the intercooler pipe and the small overflow line and pulled it as one piece and threw it in the trailer and drove the hour and a half to the speedway at 150 degrees with no fan...

Last edited:
Better than it would have this summer so surprisingly well.
DDG's aren't bad in the winter, in the summer that chit makes the trailers sweat and the sun bakes it in there like 35,000 pounds of fawkin bread. I never gave two fux about hauling distillers in the cold. Haha

I'm loving it. Except for this morning. They start dumping at 0645 and it's now 0745 and the first trucks aren't done yet cause the retards didn't clean the pit well enough yesterday and it froze up. Yaaaaaayyy meeee

And people wonder why I leave a truck sitting. I would rather set it on fire in the driveway than put up with a driver.

I have one of the best we've ever had. Doesn't tear anything up, doesn't gripe too much, but he's still a truck driver. He's much happier in the new truck though.

The hoodlums still breaking into your trucks?

Not until you mentioned it. Thanks alot.

Chris

OK guys, you jinxed me on the new glider.

Starter died this morning. Got a replacement, stuck it on, now it will crank but not fire. Of course we did arc a wrench on the frame when we were putting on the starter, never fails....but we can not find any fuses blown, moved relays and circuit breakers around, NOTHING.

2014 Pete 389 Glider, 6NZ 3406E

Can not find anything wrong. Cranks great, just no fire. Cincinnati can't look at it until Wednesday, won't even get us a wiring diagram until Monday afternoon.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Chris

32051964fb7b7711e6d7387673b4e2ec.jpg

Pull the rear connector and check 48, 52, 53 and 70 for hot with key on, 63,65,67 for continuity to ground.

There Are Also Multiple Relays And Some Fuses Behind The Gauge Panel In Various New Peterbilts...

Got to experience a 12.7 Detroit for the first time yesterday in a neighbors truck hauling corn. Was really impressed with the power it had, pulled better than the accert in my 379 in my opinion. Too bad it was wrapped in a freightliner lol.

Back