Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I wouldn't be opposed to an ISX or an N-14 either I guess. The only thing I don't want is a Detroit or an acert cat.

MrT check out Texas Chrome Shop/Triple R Diesel out of San Antonio. Pick out the cab/sleeper arrangement you want, engine-rebuild or not, and paint and new rubber of your choice. They buy higher mileage company trucks and then let the customer make the build choices. Pretty fair price-wise too. We've got a couple of their dumptruck builds running around here that I've been able to check out top to bottom. Steven

I've been on their website and found a sweet purple/white two tone 03 with a 475 cat and an 18 speed for a good price. I've been drooling on a bunch of their trucks all day LOL

Last edited:
http://www.50000trucks.com/search/specs/2003_Peterbilt_379EXHD_3138574.aspx

Last edited:
I cant get the link to work. Is it a bridge motor?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

No its a pre emission single turbo C-15. I'll see if I can fix the link

So its a 6nz?

Being an '03 I wouldn't bet on that. I had an '03 with an MBN and a friend has an '04 with one also. If it was actually built in '02 it could be but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me because with an ECM reflash, cam swap and a turbo it's a 6NZ with big injectors. Same with an Acert, especially if you have big HP dreams.

Didnt the mbn's have higher compression too?

I have heard a lot of bad things about Tripple R but I have no personal experience with them personally, but I would say buyer beware.

There's two here locally that I've been looking at a maroon 2001 and a white 99. Does anyone know anything about the 490 cats? That's what both trucks have in them

Pics
2uha5udu.jpg

ebydudab.jpg

I wouldn't shy away from the acert cat. I got two buddies that have them with custom ecm tuning running about 650 at the wheels and not a single problem out of them. BUT they did rebuild them when the headgaskets blew and the compression is lowered quite a bit.

I wish I knew more about trucking because I love driving and wish I could get into it. My age kills me and I just don't know how to get started.

I'm only 23 haha. You just need to figure out what you can afford in a truck, and have a good company to lease to

I'm only 23 haha. You just need to figure out what you can afford in a truck, and have a good company to lease to

I'm 21... I'd love to haul grain. Good company to lease to local and a real great guy al around. It's just the money thing.

I'm 21... I'd love to haul grain. Good company to lease to local and a real great guy all around. It's just the money thing.

And while I have a soft spot for trucks, I know little compared to you guys about what's best. The last truck I looked into I was told was too long.

Last edited:
Where I haul to Canada I'm limited to a 250" wheelbase, all the trucks I've looked at are 260" or longer so I'll have to buy a truck, then pay 2000 bucks to have it shortened to a 250"

Back