Truckers, lets see your rigs!

This truck I'm in right now was converted from an MBN to a 6NZ when it got overhauled, running I belive an S478 turbo? Could be wrong, ECM is from a 550 5EK....this is probably the hardest pulling 550 I've ever driven that had no electronic add-ons

This truck I'm in right now was converted from an MBN to a 6NZ when it got overhauled, running I belive an S478 turbo? Could be wrong, ECM is from a 550 5EK....this is probably the hardest pulling 550 I've ever driven that had no electronic add-ons

More than likely a 78mm s410. C16 turbo with a tighter non wastegated housing is common. What many refer to as the quick spool.

More than likely a 78mm s410. C16 turbo with a tighter non wastegated housing is common. What many refer to as the quick spool.
That's probably it, I know they told me but I couldn't remember for sure

Definitely going to have to look back in here when I need another charger for our MBN...It has eaten 3 in the last few years, but has been running great on this last one after we had some tuning done.

Always eats the compressor wheel like there's something in the intake, but I've pulled everything apart to check, and we change filters regular.
Chris

Definitely going to have to look back in here when I need another charger for our MBN...It has eaten 3 in the last few years, but has been running great on this last one after we had some tuning done.

Always eats the compressor wheel like there's something in the intake, but I've pulled everything apart to check, and we change filters regular.
Chris

The stock turbo on an MBN is one step above a hamster wheel. The stock Garrett on the other C15's is bad but that one is worse. They benefit greatly from a better turbo.

Is there an option of a bigger injector for a PEEC motor?

And yes I know... It's a lost cause lol

Is there an option of a bigger injector for a PEEC motor?

And yes I know... It's a lost cause lol
The pump is really the limiting factor on those. De-peecing it would be your best bet.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The pump is really the limiting factor on those. De-peecing it would be your best bet.

Assumed and from all my looking, there wasn't really a good option.

Going mechanical isn't an option.

The stock turbo on an MBN is one step above a hamster wheel. The stock Garrett on the other C15's is bad but that one is worse. They benefit greatly from a better turbo.

It's got what Jeff @ mumau sells as an upgrade borg Warner unit... Don't remember the number, but it did make a nice change. Just not sure why it ate the one in 50k miles.

Chris

It's got what Jeff @ mumau sells as an upgrade borg Warner unit... Don't remember the number, but it did make a nice change. Just not sure why it ate the one in 50k miles.

Chris

There are quite a few options now from borg. Several housings and wheels. they have 360 thrusts and FMW wheels now as well.

There are quite a few options now from borg. Several housings and wheels. they have 360 thrusts and FMW wheels now as well.

Ask Faulkner how many of the new style with the 360* degree thrust he has replaced compared to the old cast wheel 270* thrust chargers.

Got to thank that 92mm GT47 turbine, the GT50 must be a heck of a lot better, they use it on industrial C16s up to 750hp, probably should have been standard equipment on the 15s with a smaller housing.

My GT55 is the same style, I wonder when it is going to explode.

Ok. I guess it'll be a 6nz then lol.

Yep, that is the simplest. Pistons, cam, turbo, and injectors are all different, but you can get away with a turbo/cam swap and programming and have a good reliable engine.

Plan is rebuild to 6nz, 57 injectors, 800 hp cam, "quick spool" turbo and 7cz tune.

Plan is rebuild to 6nz, 57 injectors, 800 hp cam, "quick spool" turbo and 7cz tune.

You won't need one of those quick spooling turbos with the 800 cam, any BW for that setup should have the 1.58 housing on it, or a set of acert twins and the thing would rock and rock all across the rpm range.

Just applied for a job with the state of Idaho as a mechanic. I'm really hoping this step can get me out of the oilfield and out of making a living in a truck, after almost seven years of being married its time for me to take a step back and get away from the trucking rat race to be home every night with my family and have a steady job with good benefits, I've definitely got the qualifications, I'm crossing my fingers I get an interview.

This C15 my dad has in a donor truck has an issue with putting oil in the water. The original owner said it started putting oil in the water, he changed the oil cooler and it kept doing it so he parked the truck and didn't proceed any further.

I've heard of some of the smaller electronic Cats having oil in the water issues, is the common with the C15s, too? Looking at the engine, from the outside it does not appear that the oil cooler was ever changed. Is it worth my time and money to replace the oil cooler and see what happens or isn't it that common for them to need replaced.

I know it could be something more catastrophic than an oil cooler, but if I could get lucky enough to replace it and solve the problem maybe I could convince my dad to keep it.

Back