Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Ask Faulkner how many of the new style with the 360* degree thrust he has replaced compared to the old cast wheel 270* thrust chargers.

He may have replaced a lot. There were some issues with them. We have sold more of them than any other borg unit and have had zero issues as of late though.

Is the mbn and mxs crank the same?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

No, rod journals are wider but mains are the same. They can be swapped between each other but the rods/Pistons/liners have to be swapped also.

He may have replaced a lot. There were some issues with them. We have sold more of them than any other borg unit and have had zero issues as of late though.

The new ones seem to be crap. One broke a shaft, and 3 are pushing oil. One went back for warranty and lasted less than a month when he got it back and is doing it again. The one with the broke shaft was on a single turbo SDP, the one that was warrantied was on a 5EK with 58's, cam and 1.58 housing and the rest were on 6NZ's with less than 600hp with stock 1.32. Haven't had this much trouble out of the old cast wheel versions in 5yrs.

This C15 my dad has in a donor truck has an issue with putting oil in the water. The original owner said it started putting oil in the water, he changed the oil cooler and it kept doing it so he parked the truck and didn't proceed any further.

I've heard of some of the smaller electronic Cats having oil in the water issues, is the common with the C15s, too? Looking at the engine, from the outside it does not appear that the oil cooler was ever changed. Is it worth my time and money to replace the oil cooler and see what happens or isn't it that common for them to need replaced.

I know it could be something more catastrophic than an oil cooler, but if I could get lucky enough to replace it and solve the problem maybe I could convince my dad to keep it.

Oil cooler, liner O-ring, cracked head ect. Pressurize the cooling system with the pan off is an easy place to start if the cooler was replaced.

The new ones seem to be crap. One broke a shaft, and 3 are pushing oil. One went back for warranty and lasted less than a month when he got it back and is doing it again. The one with the broke shaft was on a single turbo SDP, the one that was warrantied was on a 5EK with 58's, cam and 1.58 housing and the rest were on 6NZ's with less than 600hp with stock 1.32. Haven't had this much trouble out of the old cast wheel versions in 5yrs.

I know borg has made mention on making some changes in their company. Hopefully this doesn't mean manufacturing changes overseas as well :( We all know the majority of parts are now made overseas. It isn't terrible as the quality control is the important part.

Sucks to hear this as I sell those units. I suppose I should push my own versions through. I have a few being tested on trucks that I trust but wanted them to run for 6 months before I started selling them.

I know borg has made mention on making some changes in their company. Hopefully this doesn't mean manufacturing changes overseas as well :( We all know the majority of parts are now made overseas. It isn't terrible as the quality control is the important part.

Sucks to hear this as I sell those units. I suppose I should push my own versions through. I have a few being tested on trucks that I trust but wanted them to run for 6 months before I started selling them.

Yea I was pretty stoked about them when I saw them. Figured the billet wheel could take some more abuse but the seals seem to be the issue. The wheel can take a hit, the one with the broke shaft took it like a champ and didn't explode, just got smaller.

So is this crap im reading about E-logs right?
2 years to have Elogs or your done?

Classiest three-five-niner west of the Mississippi
6584f03df226c1788d1681cb4e9adea7.jpg

So is this crap im reading about E-logs right?
2 years to have Elogs or your done?

Article I saw had something about truck age worked into it and not being require at first, but will eventually be.

d7282966dd1df3ce600b63dc5c8c2d28.jpg

Why......just phuckin WHY?

Some people swear by those engines, I have a couple friends that have maybe 6 N14 powered trucks, besides the oil leaks they have been rather reliable with drivers in them.

Article I saw had something about truck age worked into it and not being require at first, but will eventually be.

It could destroy owner operators of their own small companies like mine. We relay on the flexibility to go whenever. We have so many large companies already that are running for less than half we are because they can afford to.

Some people swear by those engines, I have a couple friends that have maybe 6 N14 powered trucks, besides the oil leaks they have been rather reliable with drivers in them.
They are definitely reliable. That's about as far as my praises go for them though haha

It could destroy owner operators of their own small companies like mine. We relay on the flexibility to go whenever. We have so many large companies already that are running for less than half we are because they can afford to.

All I'm going to say is if someone can make it, someone can mod it. There will be a huge market for log book tuning.

Seems I read somewhere that if your company had five trucks or less you wouldn't have to use E-logs.

http://www.overdriveonline.com/e-lo...ec-2017-rule-to-be-published-by-fmcsa-friday/
The ELD mandate will apply to all drivers required to keep records of duty status, except drivers who (1) keep records of duty status in 8 or fewer days out of every 30 working days, (2) drivers in drive-away and tow-away operations and (3) truckers operating vehicles older than model year 2000.

The devices must be installed and in use by Dec. 11, 2017 — two years after its scheduled Dec. 11, 2015, publication date.

Well ****... Seams I need to make a C3500 HD (gmt455) glider in 2 years.. Good thing been there done that..

What's info on gliders with vin swaps and everything

Think the issue is gonna be with when truck is made. I don't think a glider takes the vin number and year built of original vehicle it cancels it out but retains its model year for the year it's built.

Back