Truckers, lets see your rigs!

88a3d905c140a675234caf6b80bb418c.jpg

cc636712750e5d5f84ee179cf0b5b41d.jpg

306f67fc6d08ecede6d3f06aee29bbc1.jpg

This relic is sitting in a local wrecking yard rotting away, got a 335 Cummins and a 5x4 trans. The dude has all kinds of old trucks just going to chit......and as usual, none of them are for sale

mr t, this old Pete can be bought, I know cause I tried to buy it! He will let it go for 6500. Which is cheap for what it is but it's the tens of thousands it would take to make it right that's the problem. It sat in St. Anthony for years and years and ard bought it for a yard truck but the frame is completely rotten under the 5th wheel and he didn't know till he got it home. Such a rad truck though.

mr t, this old Pete can be bought, I know cause I tried to buy it! He will let it go for 6500. Which is cheap for what it is but it's the tens of thousands it would take to make it right that's the problem. It sat in St. Anthony for years and years and ard bought it for a yard truck but the frame is completely rotten under the 5th wheel and he didn't know till he got it home. Such a rad truck though.
He told me it wasn't for sale.....haha. Where was it sitting before? I know I've seen it somewhere I just can't place it.

He told me it wasn't for sale.....haha. Where was it sitting before? I know I've seen it somewhere I just can't place it.

I asked him about it a little over a year ago. Maybe he has changed his mind! I think it's the one that was across the road from trost feed and seed and then it was over at that repair shop by the old by beddes farm center. He told me he got in in st anthony, and I thought that was where I remembered seeing it.

This is a cool thread, I found it from a google search and was surprised to see someone local to me.

I asked him about it a little over a year ago. Maybe he has changed his mind! I think it's the one that was across the road from trost feed and seed and then it was over at that repair shop by the old by beddes farm center. He told me he got in in st anthony, and I thought that was where I remembered seeing it.

This is a cool thread, I found it from a google search and was surprised to see someone local to me.
Yep! It was sitting by trosts, I remember it now! Yeah I live just south of the bridge on the Salem highway, you live in St. Anthony?

Think the issue is gonna be with when truck is made. I don't think a glider takes the vin number and year built of original vehicle it cancels it out but retains its model year for the year it's built.

I was under the impression of the exact opposite... Be calling Fitzgerald tomorrow.. I know they are class 7/8 trucks... Common sense would mean its similar for what I want to do... If not... I'll just find a clean chassis and shove a dmax/Allison in it.. Similar to what I did last tine

Great... Now the price of 2000 and earlier trucks just skyrocketed even more.

I was under the impression of the exact opposite... Be calling Fitzgerald tomorrow.. I know they are class 7/8 trucks... Common sense would mean its similar for what I want to do... If not... I'll just find a clean chassis and shove a dmax/Allison in it.. Similar to what I did last tine
A glider doesn't cancel anything, they come with their own vin. You can use the VIN of a wrecked truck to show where the parts came from but it can't be an active titled VIN. A glider is titled the year it's inspected. If you order one today and don't finish it until 2018 it becomes a 2018. Guys are making this out to be more than it actually is. The last 2 we did sat for over a year before they were drug in the shop and completed and both are now 2015's and neither were used to replace another truck. Engine and trans were bought from junkyard by us (not the glider owner) and we built the motors and sold them to the truck owner with a bill. Just talked to a guy today getting ready to order a W9 glider. He has no donor truck, it's just a toy to pull a mod truck around.

[ame="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/ectolle/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C8D8F664-2ADF-4D3A-8784-046BCF413F8C.jpg.html"]C8D8F664-2ADF-4D3A-8784-046BCF413F8C.jpg Photo by ectolle | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/ectolle/media/Mobile%20Uploads/B56B81F0-7868-451B-AF1C-0C2659DFFE3A.jpg.html"]B56B81F0-7868-451B-AF1C-0C2659DFFE3A.jpg Photo by ectolle | Photobucket[/ame]

This was my personal truck I drive. RTLO16713 13 speed Has a B model cat in it that's maybe 500hp and I never beat on this thing, transmission was a Weller reman that was almost a year to the day old and had 80k on it. They won't warranty it because of driver abuse. Anyone ever broke an input shaft like this. I was empty getting on US 30 shifted to 9th and boom.

Last edited:
This really frustrates me! Companies everywhere in all different markets are going to hell!!! You think you're doing good paying more for a "better product" with a "better warranty" and then end up fighting toot and nail to get what you paid your hard earned extra money for and even then may not come out on top. Warranties and customer service are in the toilet! Sorry, rant over, but that crap really gets to me. I'll get off my soap box now.

This really frustrates me! Companies everywhere in all different markets are going to hell!!! You think you're doing good paying more for a "better product" with a "better warranty" and then end up fighting toot and nail to get what you paid your hard earned extra money for and even then may not come out on top. Warranties and customer service are in the toilet! Sorry, rant over, but that crap really gets to me. I'll get off my soap box now.

I always say most of the time warranties are pointless. Guys don't want to mod their trucks because they want to save a warranty that leaves them broke down every 3 days. Other guys pay someone like Cat/Cummins to overhaul their engine for a "warranty". They end up paying double for a piece of paper 95% of the time they will never even remotely break even. And I do mean double, a $15,000 overhaul cost a local guy $28,000 for the exact same parts.

I think Tommy boy said it best!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5dpBpaFiMo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5dpBpaFiMo[/ame]

C8D8F664-2ADF-4D3A-8784-046BCF413F8C.jpg Photo by ectolle | Photobucket

B56B81F0-7868-451B-AF1C-0C2659DFFE3A.jpg Photo by ectolle | Photobucket

This was my personal truck I drive. RTLO16713 13 speed Has a B model cat in it that's maybe 500hp and I never beat on this thing, transmission was a Weller reman that was almost a year to the day old and had 80k on it. They won't warranty it because of driver abuse. Anyone ever broke an input shaft like this. I was empty getting on US 30 shifted to 9th and boom.

Is that all it ruined was the shaft clutch? Weller is usually pretty good at covering their stuff.

Back