Truckers, lets see your rigs!

No the exhaust has been Changed. Barely running a muffler now. Its had a differnt exhaust Manifold and turbo put on. The Manifold seems to crack about every 150K and gets replaced, But it does run high EGT's. And it was "Flashed" with a new Tune May..Sadly I didn't see a difference, but a buddies truck (Almost Identical) Got the same "Flash" and he lost a MPG, Gained EGT's, and lost power..lol

That's pretty much what you get with the "latest and greatest" junk cat EPA files. Flash that ECM with an early 6NZ file and power/fuel economy will improve and the heat will go down and save the manifold.

Mr.T, I'm having trouble with the switch from driving Pete's all my life to a new W900L. I find the KW cab floor sits higher than the Pete and is just awkward for me to ride that high. I rode with no air in the seat in my Pete's and with no air in the seat in this KW, it feels a good 12" higher still. Can't stand the 45* angle of the floorboard either. The clutch pedal hanging from the dash took some gettin used to also. Hate the windshield wipers on the cowl as opposed to hanging. I do like the DayLite doors better than I thought I would though! The hood on the W900L will drive you slap crazy because it's so heavy!LOL I have to grease the little rubber lower hood guides every week or my short self can't raise the hood by myself.LOL Guess I like it though, fit and finish is great in my opinion, just haven't fallen in love with it yet. You'll love that 550 Cat though, that's one of biggest things I miss with this ISX.

Yeah, the KW's feel like they sit at least 8" higher than a Pete haha

Don't get to jealous.

6asaguqy.jpg

Except when they out pull any truck nicer than them going up passes lol. But yeah it's nothing to be proud of. Being patient till we get a nice Kenworth

I've just gotta give ya'll some sh1t. LOL I've seen some pretty nice freightliners

Haha had a good day at the wreckers the other week so no parts needed for this baby. Could use a Pittsburgh power puck for the C15 Acert but that's it for now

Mine actualy dosent need parts. I bought it because it was cheap with a complete rebuild, and giving me time to find or build my dream kenworth. Of course the best part of owning one is if it sets for two weeks who cares, no payments woohoo:rockwoot:. Plus all the crap everybody gives me about owning one.

Next Saturday I hang up the keys to the Pete, the last 130,000 miles (10 months) have been good to me, but its off to bigger and better things, more money, better benefits, and a kenworth, I'm excited :D

Mine actualy dosent need parts. I bought it because it was cheap with a complete rebuild, and giving me time to find or build my dream kenworth. Of course the best part of owning one is if it sets for two weeks who cares, no payments woohoo:rockwoot:. Plus all the crap everybody gives me about owning one.

No payments is the best part.

Haha had a good day at the wreckers the other week so no parts needed for this baby. Could use a Pittsburgh power puck for the C15 Acert but that's it for now

Please, if your going to spend some money making it run better look into a tune from PDI, I hate to see a Pittsburgh box tear a good engine up.

Mr. Haney over on TDG is the man to call for cat tunes.

Yeah the border is a b1tch. The duty they add on to everything is killer. What's Hp level would be considered realistic to not make the truck less reliable

Back