Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Lol what? If my truck isn’t plugged in it doesn’t get shut off below 32 f or 0 Celsius. Proheat aside. Usually parked inside heated shop in winter.
Yeah I'm a little nuts. I hate idling. About -30c is where the bunk heater won't keep up. Again depends on wind. I have the espar combo but it seems like everyone is going with webasto.

If I close the winter front the water temp will be about 12p to 130 within 2 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Your proheats should do better than that but it’s the oil in the pan that stops me from doing that. Synthetic or not I want it to be slightly warm.

Yeah I'm a little nuts. I hate idling. About -30c is where the bunk heater won't keep up. Again depends on wind. I have the espar combo but it seems like everyone is going with webasto.

If I close the winter front the water temp will be about 12p to 130 within 2 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Espar or Eberspächer what it's real name is, is much more reliable than Webasto.

I keep engine running when it gets under -20°C, and thats only because I dont trust batteries after night heater has been running 9 hours.

The thing about the espars is the fans. The brushes wear out after a few years and they didn't put enough meat on the commutator so it's non rebuildable and new ones are expensive. The webasto is brushless.

The thing about the espars is the fans. The brushes wear out after a few years and they didn't put enough meat on the commutator so it's non rebuildable and new ones are expensive. The webasto is brushless.

Having installed literally dozens of both brands, the Espar wins hands down. Slightly more expensive but much less problematic and higher BTU's than the Webasto equivalent.

I love this thing.
25b4eb1e2d33430ea7f9f233677d6fa7.jpg

60d0efc85cb638851ea7863eef9ca162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You guys will appreciate this more then most
b9beee450d48dff8dd3f372f2c292215.jpg

I got very lucky

You sure did get lucky! Doesn't look like it even touched the fender. Temporary tags: did you just buy the truck? Looks like the lumber yard had a good preventative maintenance plan :doh:

You sure did get lucky! Doesn't look like it even touched the fender. Temporary tags: did you just buy the truck? Looks like the lumber yard had a good preventative maintenance plan :doh:

It was a test drive, customer just purchased the truck and brought it to us for oil in coolant and we did the repair. Driver was with me when it happened. Was going 70 just seconds before the ramp.

His outer wheel bearing blew. I had the same thing happen. Your spindle will need to be changed and likely the hub as well. My bill was well over 3k but the shop that had worked on it a few weeks prior ended up paying for it because they set up the bearings wrong.

Ever since then there's only one person on the planet who sets up the bearings on my equipment.

Ho-lee shiat! That's about the best case outcome for that scary-azz scenario. Glad everyone was alright man. I can't help but wonder if someone forgot to bend the tabs on that intermediate washer over the outside nut that maintains bearing pre-load and it backed off? Looking at the top brake shoe; it looks like it's worn more on that top inside edge. That and it looks like the wheel seal was leaking..like maybe that sucker had been loose for a while? Either way, crazy shiat right there...

I had been on about a 900 mile trip a few years back when I had my Freightliner. Got home and parked it, came back out the next day and the truck wouldn't move. Front left wheel bearing was bad and locked up. I figured that day I'd already used up all my luck and I was just getting started.

Well aren't those just nifty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back