Truckers, lets see your rigs!

So much for a $120 truck wash.
cbe193a64850a298fe0517a52af1c608.jpg

Well they’re lying to you. There is a program people think is for modify flash files and it’s for the hydraulic controls.
There is a system that can modify engine s/w all the way up to T4F.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you. I didn't feel like arguing the point. It should modify all Delphi units, should it not?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

There is no “caterpillar engineering software”. Can they be modified with other programs? Yes and that is where I’m leaving it. But some guys think there is a program like EFI Live that lays out all the parameters and maps and they are sadly mistaken. Anyone can modify a file when it’s all laid out in black and white and says “injection timing”. In reality it’s all hex and you have to be able to identify what’s what.
af4815951d678dc754636d252784ab56.jpg

Well I guess mines getting retuned this weekend. Let’s hope this guy knows what he’s doing unlike the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is no “caterpillar engineering software”. Can they be modified with other programs? Yes and that is where I’m leaving it. But some guys think there is a program like EFI Live that lays out all the parameters and maps and they are sadly mistaken. Anyone can modify a file when it’s all laid out in black and white and says “injection timing”. In reality it’s all hex and you have to be able to identify what’s what.
af4815951d678dc754636d252784ab56.jpg
Just where in the hell do you think that he file was generated?
You are arguing semantics. Just because you don't have access to the software does not mean it's non-existant.
There will be a software package provided by the manufacturer of the product to allow the OEM to develop it for their needs.
Bosch, Delphi, motorola. It doesn't matter.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

There is a program which is much more user friendly than trying to identify and decode hex coding, at least for the A4 and A5's.

I've never messed with anything older than that.

For those of you bored and wanna bs...
I have little control of what’s gonna go in this truck.
However if I was to have any influence, what file would I be best to use?
550 brake saver or 550 heavy haul? Or is there something better?

Well I guess mines getting retuned this weekend. Let’s hope this guy knows what he’s doing unlike the last.

270-7078 is pretty good. Not sure how it is on fuel but the power is good.

Surely it can’t do worse than the 4.9-5.0 I’m getting now can it? Lol

Surely it can’t do worse than the 4.9-5.0 I’m getting now can it? Lol

What's your goal mpg wise? A little more power but use it sparingly. The right fls/fts makes a pretty big difference what I found

Back