Truckers, lets see your rigs!

A better file will definitely help, but without being hands on, its hard to get just right. A lot of variables. How's your egt's? Did they put correct trims in? I'd probly go with the 600 file , and try 0/0 for fls/fts. May give up a little power, but mileage could improve. How's your turbo? Is it factory? In god condition. Like stated, a lot goin on under the hood

We changed trim codes this weekend. It had 5324’s in it. We changed them to 5232’s in it. Took care of my rough idle.

I’ll have to get the numbers off the turbo for you. Condition is good.
You walk into a hill matted, you will for sure see 1k. Hits a decent wall at 1k but slowly climbs.
It has 33, -31 numbers in it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We changed trim codes this weekend. It had 5324’s in it. We changed them to 5232’s in it. Took care of my rough idle.

I’ll have to get the numbers off the turbo for you. Condition is good.
You walk into a hill matted, you will for sure see 1k. Hits a decent wall at 1k but slowly climbs.
It has 33, -31 numbers in it right now.

jfaulkner will probly chime in on it. But that all sounds like chit. Not a big fan of default codes on the injectors. Even with that, fls/fts alone would probably help a lot. Kinda worm on the pyro for as basic as it is.

That’s why we are redoing things. You musta missed my posts earlier.
Here’s what we found.
acb3de96019457f09a4e6dd22a7f7ab4.jpg
bf6d929b0daaf54614c28a4cc578b04e.jpg

5a033dda6bb1e2f10df64c90e35d5d0a.jpg

As for the mileage thing, we want a happy medium. I’m 79-79.5 is all. Therefore we technically don’t “need” more power but we all know how that goes. However the mileage it’s getting now isn’t working.

That's a smooth side too, isn't It? Any other trucks to compare to?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's a smooth side too, isn't It? Any other trucks to compare to?

Yea all our stuff is Wilson smith side, 43’, 78” sides. In the fleet, no.

Yeah, probably. This one picked up a bunch going to the "quick spool" and apparently it's not that great of a turbo.

Do you ever pull anything out of Zug Island on the Southside of Detroit? I've hauled in there a little bit, Your picture reminds me of it. I guess pretty much any mill (sh*thole).

Nope, Dearborn, Ecorse, Taylor and Monroe is about it up here. To be honest Dearborn is a great place. It’s just back by the ore dock is where the scrap trucks dump and they keep the driveway wet. I like to irritate the Russian city rats and drive 5mph to keep my truck clean. They want to drive 50 and sling chit everywhere.

jfaulkner will probly chime in on it. But that all sounds like chit. Not a big fan of default codes on the injectors. Even with that, fls/fts alone would probably help a lot. Kinda worm on the pyro for as basic as it is.

Yea I only use default on a flow matched set of injectors or if I’ve converted an Acert and using Acert injectors.

Now I did have #3 about 150-200* hotter than the rest on my truck and I cut that trim to 1100 and it made zero difference. Turns out the heat was mostly muffler related but I was surprised it didn’t make any noticeable difference in heat.

I never promise fuel mileage because there are too many variables. Got a buddy with a 2250 that gets 4-4.5 mpg pulling a hopper. But he said the longest he goes without a stop sign is 15mi and always 80k+. Now the friend with the B with twins took a load of truck parts in a reefer to FL. He got 6+ in a 379 with Acert that his dad drove the week before and got 4.5. Same load same truck just different driving style.

Last edited:
I usually tend to get decent fuel mileage in stuff I drive, may not be the top fuel getter but I’m usually not the lowest. I understand all that completely though. Way too much going on to promise something that’s impossible to guarantee.

I usually tend to get decent fuel mileage in stuff I drive, may not be the top fuel getter but I’m usually not the lowest. I understand all that completely though. Way too much going on to promise something that’s impossible to guarantee.

Oh I guarantee if you give me an 8mpg truck I’ll show you how to get a solid 4 out of it.

I thought I mentioned a while back about default trim codes. BRE found one that didn't like them from the sounds of it.

You can make a monster, or you will cripple a cylinder. Depends on the injector itself. Most people get along fine with hot codes, even if it's placebo.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

My truck had a choppy idle with the codes that were in it. Like very noticeable.

Oh I guarantee if you give me an 8mpg truck I’ll show you how to get a solid 4 out of it.

You sound like my Brother. My old 95 Dodge would get 10mpg minimum no matter what you had behind it or how fast you drove...he would get 8mpg. I don't know how.

If any of our trucks get into the 5's for mileage we're fine, usually we're 4.5mpg. One is a 389 Glider with a 6NZ with a "factory" tune and the other is a T800 with a MBN...Faulkner could tell you more about that tune I think, it's a running son of a gun! Will embarrass our other truck, and the 600hp ISX our Wilmington store has.

Chris

See there is absolutely no reason I should be getting the same area of mileage that you guys get...

Why would codes and overhead smooth it back out?

Back