Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I will see if I can get a copy. It basically is asking you to certify that you are physically fit to operate, which no person reliant on their CDL for sustenance is going to willfully contend.
Why in the hell would you DQ yourself?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I will see if I can get a copy. It basically is asking you to certify that you are physically fit to operate, which no person reliant on their CDL for sustenance is going to willfully contend.
Why in the hell would you DQ yourself?

Yea I think most states do it but it’s for intrastate only. Like a mechanic that has a CDL doesn’t need to take a physical since they rarely drive and if so it’s never out of state. That doesn’t irritate me as much as grandpa in his RV.

Again it goes back to the days before the CDL. We survived that, so having a few self certified CDL holders isn’t a big deal. Especially anyone with a pulse can pass a physical at there are no shortage of truckers with a glass pipes. Buddy that owns junkyard said they find a lot of drug paraphernalia in trucks. The feds should pass a mandate regulating drug use, that will surely make us safer. We need more laws

We do physicals and routine random drug tests. We also can't drive a company vehicle off a job site if we exceed 14 hrs.

We see tweekers all the time at the shop.

I eat **** every year because my blood pressure exceeds the limit. I'm a large guy, but we have one driver come in that I call tubby. This fat bastard broke 3 seat frames in 6 months. There is no way in hell he would pass the physical that our company has us perform.

I digress.

Self cert is a waste of paper, effort and salary.

We do physicals and routine random drug tests. We also can't drive a company vehicle off a job site if we exceed 14 hrs.

We see tweekers all the time at the shop.

I eat **** every year because my blood pressure exceeds the limit. I'm a large guy, but we have one driver come in that I call tubby. This fat bastard broke 3 seat frames in 6 months. There is no way in hell he would pass the physical that our company has us perform.

I digress.

Self cert is a waste of paper, effort and salary.

Seems to me your awfully concerned with very small percentage of CDL holders while admitting you see tweakers on a daily basis. Tweakers that most likely didn’t self certify but got the physical.

I wish I could find a few to polish my wheels. No one does a better job than a meth head.

Any guesses on what this is? I always assumed it was a stock B turbo but its much different than the verified stock one i have. 76mm on the compressor.
2e6352cae0cfe2d2e32b6e458061a0d6.jpg
fb9f12260d4623630fc826cd2a10d6de.jpg
7df087b246cadc603d544071d49accf8.jpg
bc2f3f829d3a3e96e5d15ae8d38b46da.jpg
feebcf945277693b370dbca942ea30a4.jpg
09b992674b65ffe17c6d7961ecacc7fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well seams I'll remain gangefully employed at current employer till April... Though they haven't mentioned what their idea is of a mutual agreement is...

Seems to me your awfully concerned with very small percentage of CDL holders while admitting you see tweakers on a daily basis. Tweakers that most likely didn’t self certify but got the physical.

I wish I could find a few to polish my wheels. No one does a better job than a meth head.
Every CDL holder in Kentucky is required to have this form on file before each physical and license renewal. It keeps coming up because there is some sort of disconnect between KyDOT and the court houses responsible for local administration. So yes, I am concerned as it directly affects me, and my co-workers.

Seeing tweekers on occasion has nothing to do with this? I'm not sure what kind of jab you were trying to take there.

Every CDL holder in Kentucky is required to have this form on file before each physical and license renewal. It keeps coming up because there is some sort of disconnect between KyDOT and the court houses responsible for local administration. So yes, I am concerned as it directly affects me, and my co-workers.

Seeing tweekers on occasion has nothing to do with this? I'm not sure what kind of jab you were trying to take there.

My point is your worried about someone self certified when there are no shortage of “legal” crackheads driving around. Hell Alan could be beside you with his elog, headset and recent physical, clean drug test with glass pipe on the floor while he’s chewing his tongue off.

Self certification doesn’t make you dangerous any more than having all the latest paperwork makes your clean.

I'm not debating the safety of self cert. I'm saying it's pointless because no-one is going to disqualify themselves.

I'm trying to find out..

I would think if it was the Insurance agents doing I'd be gone already, it seams it was a BS excuse to take heat off the owner for basically saying f-it everyone gets one

I would say fine, send someone out to install whatever brand the insurance company likes. Then sit back and watch.

Guys I need some help. Went to take my class A Skills Test today and the truck I took is older and the GVWR is worn off the sticker on the door. Figuring it would be a simple solution (and the instructor said it would be also) I grabbed the VIN and called Kenworth of Nashville. The phuckin monkey who answered the phone couldn’t tell me how to get a sticker or even paperwork stating the GVWR of the truck so that I can test with it. In his “4 years of being there no one had ever asked for that, and everything for those old trucks (86 W900) is on Microfish”

I’ll gladly pay for the documents that can prove the GVWR of this truck for my family friends, and now I have to wait a month to test again!

Last edited:
Guys I need some help. Went to take my class A Skills Test today and the truck I took is older and the GVWR is worn off the sticker on the door. Figuring it would be a simple solution (and the instructor said it would be also) I grabbed the VIN and called Kenworth of Nashville. The phuckin monkey who answered the phone couldn’t tell me how to get a sticker or even paperwork stating the GVWR of the truck so that I can test with it. In his “4 years of being there no one had ever asked for that, and everything for those old trucks (86 W900) is on Microfish”

I’ll gladly pay for the documents that can prove the GVWR of this truck for my family friends, and now I have to wait a month to test again!

Find a different dealer, all that information is still available. I just got a build sheet for a 77 and it has the GVWR in it.

This drives me nuts. You have one job and that is to look up parts whether it be a band new truck or a historic truck. I got the excuse of "I don't know how to look up something that old." That doesn't sit with me. Especially when you walk in and all the other parts guys are screwing around on the internet. God forbid they come over and help.

I go to Fleet Maintenance in Buffalo for my Freightliner stuff, the dealer (Tracey's) in Rochester sucks. I only call after 5 because the guy that works nights is great. It might take him by the next morning to get back to me but he usually has an answer. And many many times he has emailed me cut sheets to make sure I get the exact parts I need.

According to the owner who bout the hydro 100 auger tractor.. says it only weighs 10k.... More like 20k and over width. And over weight
18556580_10213699661459370_940299793254339699_o.jpg

25586920_10213700254714201_4946916260636278824_o.jpg

Back