Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You would need to find out rear axle rating and then see if one of those dealers can print a replacement sticker with the ratings on it.

The 85 K100 we have was a glider, the weight information was blank in the build sheet.

How would I go about doing that? I’m extremely ignorant to a lot of big Truck stuff still. :what:

Thank you for the help!

I got a suspension guage in the air ride.... 23500 axle gross is 45# I was sitting at 65# .....280 miles
Plus wide load which I don't mess with

LOL , we must be a lot heavier than I think when we go to shows...I usually have 3 on the GN.

Chris

You drive by a scale before you get on the highway

This isn't it fits it ships operation here lol

Last edited:
How would I go about doing that? I’m extremely ignorant to a lot of big Truck stuff still. :what:

Thank you for the help!

Look for the metal tags on rear end housing, the model of the rear end will give someone the ability to track down the weight rating.

Front axle weight should be listed on door tag, or someone should be able to look that up as the truck had to leave the factory with a steer axle.

Well you got a flying J and a pilot right before you get on 71 for both your stores...

In talking about truckstop scales not Dot scales... Which I try to only drive by when closed

Cough, cough, while they might both say Mayer they aren’t the same operation for sure.

Well you got a flying J and a pilot right before you get on 71 for both your stores...

In talking about truckstop scales not Dot scales... Which I try to only drive by when closed

It's called playing dumb. If you don't look heavy, then no one is none the wiser. No one knows what tractors weigh looking at them.

Cough, cough, while they might both say Mayer they aren’t the same operation for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Yes, completely separate, but we do a little trucking for them.

When the big truck rolls we know if we're heavy or not...sometimes we can do something about it, other times we have to plan our routes differently.

Now when we go to a tractor show, for the gooseneck, if it fits it ships.

Chris

Um... I never look heavy. I still get pulled over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Um... I never look heavy. I still get pulled over

That's because of the pink fuzzy dice and handcuffs....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Or maybe because you always have a towel to clean up quickly afterwards...

38d0f495749caa746679ab3c62c46b49.jpg

This drives me nuts. You have one job and that is to look up parts whether it be a band new truck or a historic truck. I got the excuse of "I don't know how to look up something that old." That doesn't sit with me. Especially when you walk in and all the other parts guys are screwing around on the internet. God forbid they come over and help.

I go to Fleet Maintenance in Buffalo for my Freightliner stuff, the dealer (Tracey's) in Rochester sucks. I only call after 5 because the guy that works nights is great. It might take him by the next morning to get back to me but he usually has an answer. And many many times he has emailed me cut sheets to make sure I get the exact parts I need.

I'm glad to see its not just Albany that's terrible. I'm screwed on an engine fan right now that was supposed to be overnighted, it didn't show up and they still want to charge the freight. I swear parts in general are getting worse and worse. I've been waiting a week for a slack adjuster from Fleetpride, one that I see nothing special about. And I just got a 625 Acert platinum kit that took almost 2 weeks to receive. Making it impossible to get anything completed lately.

I'm glad to see its not just Albany that's terrible. I'm screwed on an engine fan right now that was supposed to be overnighted, it didn't show up and they still want to charge the freight. I swear parts in general are getting worse and worse. I've been waiting a week for a slack adjuster from Fleetpride, one that I see nothing special about. And I just got a 625 Acert platinum kit that took almost 2 weeks to receive. Making it impossible to get anything completed lately.

I will never deal with Fleetpride again. My dad took a drive shaft to the shop here in Rochester a few months ago to put a new carrier bearing in. They felt the need to replace both yokes and a new u-joint. He got the shaft back, put in the truck had a terrible vibration at about 55 mph. Took it back to Fleetprided and wanted it balanced again. They said they balanced it (we noticed there were no new weights), vibration persisted but this time it was at 45 mph. Finally took the shaft to another shop. Turns out it was completely out of balance. The second shop put 6 weights on the shaft. The only thin Fleetpride would pay for is the balancing at the other shop.

That is ****ty quality control and ****ty business.

I went through this a few months ago with Milton cat. I overnighted an ECM for a 2ws on a Friday, for a Saturday pickup. When I got to the Clifton park store they said it got sent to the Milford store. I ended up not getting it till Tuesday and they wouldn't even wave the overnight charge. The truck was down so I didn't have a choice. This chits gettin old

Take it you just found that out?

Back