Truckers, lets see your rigs!

.10$/lb seems to be about the going rate. 9k over on an axle was 890$ on 90 in mt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MI is like .30 per # and you have to get legal, and they LOVE guys with the wrong weight on the registration. Indiana isn't much better $5000 fines are common for steel trucks.

WY used to get you per lb x miles traveled, not sure if they still do. The guy that busted me in MT told me that, said I might want avoid Wyoming scales if I was going to keep going lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here in mo our dot started running gravel roads. They got me yesterday on a half mile haul that never even touched pavement, did a level 4 inspection in a dirt field entrance. Got me for several things including seat belt(the truck Maybe runs 200mi a year)

Mean while a buddy of mine that's hp had to help arrest a cr England driver who blew 4 times the leagle limit. Evidently the dot wasn't worried about him. He did have elogs though so at least he wasn't tired.

Gah rant over

Mean while a buddy of mine that's hp had to help arrest a cr England driver who blew 4 times the leagle limit. Evidently the dot wasn't worried about him. He did have elogs though so at least he wasn't tired.

Gah rant over

The extra money the elogs made him can go toward his fines. With my paper I can’t afford booze.

Take it you just found that out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep Nov 29th

MI is like .30 per # and you have to get legal, and they LOVE guys with the wrong weight on the registration. Indiana isn't much better $5000 fines are common for steel trucks.

This dickhead told me I had to get legal also, I'm like where TF do you expect me to dump 2900lbs of food grade organic soft winter wheat? Waited til 11pm and we was gone, made it from the scales to the West Virginia line in 3.25 hrs while it was dark. And then I was only 79900 when I got to Shippensburg PA to deliver, there's no way I burned 3k lbs of fuel in 400 miles.

Last edited:
The extra money the elogs made him can go toward his fines. With my paper I can’t afford booze.

Ah that makes sense now, oh well i think it's time they put breathalyzer's in the fleet trucks. Meanwhile the rest of us log book money losers can go on hauling till we file bankruptcy.

Richmond Ohio couple years ago got me for 1100lbs over on the trailer and said I wasn’t leaving till it was fixed.
I ended up having to shovel from the rear to the front with a damn dust pan. Phuckin arseholes. 200 and some dollar fine.
Funny thing is, I’d made it all the way from south of Dallas all the way up and nobody else cared.

Richmond Ohio couple years ago got me for 1100lbs over on the trailer and said I wasn’t leaving till it was fixed.
I ended up having to shovel from the rear to the front with a damn dust pan. Phuckin arseholes. 200 and some dollar fine.
Funny thing is, I’d made it all the way from south of Dallas all the way up and nobody else cared.

That's the one that got me, right at the IN/OH line on 70

I’m with Cody I rarely ever cross them, loaded or empty. Gotta be creative some places, they have wires in the pavement and can get extremely accurate weights and axle spacing measurements at 80mph. Chicago/Gary has them, Michigan has them everywhere. I see Alabama installed them.

I live maybe 2 miles from those scales, I have never been across them lmao. I always go 40.

Yep Nov 29th

This dickhead told me I had to get legal also, I'm like where TF do you expect me to dump 2900lbs of food grade organic soft winter wheat? Waited til 11pm and we was gone, made it from the scales to the West Virginia line in 3.25 hrs while it was dark. And then I was only 79900 when I got to Shippensburg PA to deliver, there's no way I burned 3k lbs of fuel in 400 miles.
I wonder if you can contend scale certification like you can radar calibration...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I’m with Cody I rarely ever cross them, loaded or empty. Gotta be creative some places, they have wires in the pavement and can get extremely accurate weights and axle spacing measurements at 80mph. Chicago/Gary has them, Michigan has them everywhere. I see Alabama installed them.
I-65 at Smith's Grove KY, but I don't know where they report to.

Speaking of being heavy, 82,980lbs is a $248 ticket plus $20 in court costs at the New Paris scales on 70 in Ohio.

I have never crossed those scales or the Indiana scales west bound at Richmond. Doesn't take much longer to go around as it does to stay on 70.

I wonder if you can contend scale certification like you can radar calibration...

If they’re like my scales there’s a chance they’re not right. Something chews the wires a few times a year. I parked on them and the truck lost 10,000# overnight. Just paid $1000 to have them fixed last month. Scale company goes to the same places at least once a month.

Local grain elevator was only accurate if you drove on them from one direction.

I live maybe 2 miles from those scales, I have never been across them lmao. I always go 40.

Yea it was a blonde moment as to why I was going across there anyway, as long as I've been driving those scales were never operational and I forgot they had fixed them. I also didn't think I was heavy but I had loaded off a farm in Iowa and never actually weighed the load. Also dumb on my part. I was 12k 35k 35k on my axles so I'm proud of the load job anyway.

Back