Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Hopper rates around here tank during the winter since all the "farmers" can haul for nothing for something to keep their "drivers" busy all winter.

The guys that try to make a living at it all year try to find other things to haul when they do that. It's kind of ridiculous for most...glad we can keep our driver busy without resorting to cutting our own throats.

Chris

Exactly why our trailers hardly ever see grain in them. We haul mainly pet food products, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

High rates? Not in every world... hopper rates haven’t come up like the rest. We’re all out here to hang. Which is one reason why this Friday, I’m done pulling a hopper.

What are you hitchin' up to Rick?

What are you hitchin' up to Rick?

Big-Pink-Trailer-front-angle.jpg

That's great! You should be making a killing then.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I grossed over one thousand dollars last week. I’ve made so much money that after my company subtracts my lease purchase payment, insurance, tags, IFTA and the weekly $10 I pay for my new LingLong Chinese drive tires that are almost fully round. I’ll have enough to buy a new air traffic controller headset that I can wear 24/7. Or I may save it so I can one day upgrade from this aluminum can I’m driving for a rock solid “iron” VNL.

I grossed over one thousand dollars last week. I’ve made so much money that after my company subtracts my lease purchase payment, insurance, tags, IFTA and the weekly $10 I pay for my new LingLong Chinese drive tires that are almost fully round. I’ll have enough to buy a new air traffic controller headset that I can wear 24/7. Or I may save it so I can one day upgrade from this aluminum can I’m driving for a rock solid “iron” VNL.

LOL LOL LOL

Double coin FTW
Chris

High rates? Not in every world... hopper rates haven’t come up like the rest. We’re all out here to hang. Which is one reason why this Friday, I’m done pulling a hopper.

You are also talking about an industry where older trucks will be more common and the air mile rule comes into play for some of these guys.

Around home there are multiple places to haul into under the air mile limit, makes things nice and easy if a person has a consistent place to haul out off, the dog food plant in this area is one of the worst places to pull into, but all their product leaves packaged.

You are also talking about an industry where older trucks will be more common and the air mile rule comes into play for some of these guys.

Around home there are multiple places to haul into under the air mile limit, makes things nice and easy if a person has a consistent place to haul out off, the dog food plant in this area is one of the worst places to pull into, but all their product leaves packaged.

Yea well those of us out here running 3k miles a week are still getting phucked.

Anybody have a line on a 379 or w9 rolling chassis, or with a blown up engine. I have ended up with a 5ek from a recent job that I can get bought right. So I'm looking for something to put it in. Id think about a 359 if it were the right one.

Last edited:
Anybody have a line on a 379 or w9 rolling chassis, or with a blown up engine. I have ended up with a 5ek from a recent job that I can get bought right. So I'm looking for something to put it in. Id think about a 359 if it were the right one.

Got a 2004 379 ultracab that was boned out for a glider. Guy probably wants a fortune for it though.

Got a 2004 379 ultracab that was boned out for a glider. Guy probably wants a fortune for it though.

That would work I've got a low leaf cut off that I bought for the rears sitting here too. As long as he doesn't want a fortune for it I guess.

Friggin double coins got expensive around here, might as well buy good tires. Ran some black lions on the belly dump this summer, cheeeeap and egg shaped.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We haven't had to buy any for about a year...to be honest we've had great luck with double coin drives and trailer tires, but we buy Firestone or Bridgestone steers normally.

Chris

That would work I've got a low leaf cut off that I bought for the rears sitting here too. As long as he doesn't want a fortune for it I guess.

Ok I’ll find out what he wants for it. Has low air and the gears are probably ok but I know the rear housing is in bad shape from rust.

We haven't had to buy any for about a year...to be honest we've had great luck with double coin drives and trailer tires, but we buy Firestone or Bridgestone steers normally.

Chris

I ran a set on the drives.. went to get another set... No one stocked them

Fuel problems fuel problems ****ing fuel problems. Haven't had any for a while I guess my number is up. Ice in the drivers side inlet. Best way to tell is use a laser temp gun on the fittings.

It's usually inlet that's plugged and will result in that tank overflowing. If it's a return issue it will be imbalanced but not overflowing. Return is less common.
9aaf60d9fdd2be8d3c1dab1889c2d7b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back