Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Not that I’m aware of and most air dryers are junk especially the newer ones. An old AD9 would actually dry the air but you had to rebuild it every year. The new crap doesn’t even dry and not worth rebuilding.

Is everything new **** that is used in your trucks ? Newer had a problem with airdryers, new ones are always better than previous models. I think most are made by Wabco which is originally american company, can you believe ?

Is everything new **** that is used in your trucks ? Newer had a problem with airdryers, new ones are always better than previous models. I think most are made by Wabco which is originally american company, can you believe ?

Seems that way, everyone wants cheap not good. You have to search long and hard for quality parts. Just had a new Delco 39MT die after starting the truck 5 times. Never made it out of the shop. Which is actually better than the 2-42MT’s that were dead right out of the box. Call parts place and they just say “yea had a couple lately like that”.

I’m just sick and tired of replacing the same junk chit with more junk chit.

I don't even care about cheap normally, depends what it's for...but it's hard to find quality, even at stupid prices sometimes.

Chris

Fuel problems fuel problems ****ing fuel problems. Haven't had any for a while I guess my number is up. Ice in the drivers side inlet. Best way to tell is use a laser temp gun on the fittings.

It's usually inlet that's plugged and will result in that tank overflowing. If it's a return issue it will be imbalanced but not overflowing. Return is less common.
9aaf60d9fdd2be8d3c1dab1889c2d7b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Buy a Mack/Volvo Then you can have more fuel problems. The geniuses at Volvo/Mack thought 90* fittings and banjo bolts BEFORE the fuel filters were a great idea. So anything that makes its way in the tank plugs the fittings in the fuel cooler instead of being caught in the filters first.
422415474ef1246862a835c1eeb2d0f7.jpg
891f7c326dc050cd79839b746da02e15.jpg

But I’m sure Leiffi knows a guy that says this isn’t an issue. I know the lead parts changer at the dealer said he’s never heard of it but when you talk to someone at the dealer that didn’t mainline the company Kool-Aid and you get this.

“So we have seen a lot of this. Apparently it is from the fuel tanks people fuel out of, and rubber fuel hoses coming apart and such. I talked to our fuel tank repair guy and he said it’s normal to see that stuff in tanks and he does all makes. Where Mack and Volvo see the issues is at the fuel cooler banjo bolts mostly because the debris builds up there because the fuel lines go there first then to the filter. And the debris gets caught in the small holes of the banjo bolt. “

Funny the old Mack’s didn’t have this issue, it takes European engineering to get this stupid.

Seems that way, everyone wants cheap not good. You have to search long and hard for quality parts. Just had a new Delco 39MT die after starting the truck 5 times. Never made it out of the shop. Which is actually better than the 2-42MT’s that were dead right out of the box. Call parts place and they just say “yea had a couple lately like that”.

I’m just sick and tired of replacing the same junk chit with more junk chit.
Then I think you all better buy a Volvo.

My fuel system has a few 90s but it's not too bad. Can't do much about water in the fuel.

Do you guys prefer rubber fuel lines or hard plastic?

They use better quality starters. Dont know 12 volts though, they should not be used anymore.

If everything in Europe is so much better then why does all the equipment I get that is engineered in Europe, parts are sourced from Europe, and is manufactured in Europe, still break down? Granted, it usually some minor sensor or part failure, but the fact remains that most of it comes from the EU...

Oh, and it's also all 12v...since that is the standard voltage for vehicles in the WORLD. Yes, there are some places that have made the jumps to higher, but it is far from the norm even in 2018.

Chris

My fuel system has a few 90s but it's not too bad. Can't do much about water in the fuel.

I prefer using hydraulic lines...steel braided rubber, but it's heavy and expensive.

Otherwise, I always try to use plastic if it's protected from sunlight.
Chris

Stratoflex or ptfe lined stainless braided. The plastic is ok but have a hard time getting the compression fittings to seal back up if you have to remove one.

If everything in Europe is so much better then why does all the equipment I get that is engineered in Europe, parts are sourced from Europe, and is manufactured in Europe, still break down? Granted, it usually some minor sensor or part failure, but the fact remains that most of it comes from the EU...

Oh, and it's also all 12v...since that is the standard voltage for vehicles in the WORLD. Yes, there are some places that have made the jumps to higher, but it is far from the norm even in 2018.

Chris

Because like he said before it’s the US spec euro stuff. The euro spec stuff doesn’t fail, ever! Same reason the C18’s break cranks there, they’re euro spec not US spec. Surprised you didn’t know that. They build faults in the export stuff.

Because like he said before it’s the US spec euro stuff. The euro spec stuff doesn’t fail, ever! Same reason the C18’s break cranks there, they’re euro spec not US spec. Surprised you didn’t know that. They build faults in the export stuff.

I'll have to ask my dealer friend in Germany if they fight the same retarded issues that I do on our tractors.

I've never had a major mechanical problem with my Euro built tractors...it's always a $90 sensor or $150 coupler sourced from some other EU manufacturer that fails and puts a $200K machine out of commission. I'll bet it only happens to me though...

Chris

I'll have to ask my dealer friend in Germany if they fight the same retarded issues that I do on our tractors.

I've never had a major mechanical problem with my Euro built tractors...it's always a $90 sensor or $150 coupler sourced from some other EU manufacturer that fails and puts a $200K machine out of commission. I'll bet it only happens to me though...

Chris

Oh I’m sure. The DD13 we just did had the fuel doser for the DPF fail and completely saturate the filter and converter, totally ruined them both. $500 part caused $10k in collateral damage because the sensors rarely come out of the cans so you buy them complete.

Chris
For heavy vehicles and military 24 volts is standard.

In a couple of years this will be one of the largest companies.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1517541074828.jpg
    FB_IMG_1517541074828.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
In a couple of years this will be one of the largest companies.

I’m ready to fill out my application. Can’t wait, hell Leiffi they have 3,300 trucks in Europe, they must be huge. By comparison Swift has almost 18,000.

Last edited:
I’m ready to fill out my application. Can’t wait, hell Leiffi they have 3,300 trucks in Europe, they must be huge. By comparison Swift has almost 18,000.

4000 in Europe, second largest, plus same owners have another company with 1500 trucks. So they might get second largest in USA also. Europe is more owner operators and small companies so it's easier to expand in USA.

Back