Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Last set I bought was just under 4K which was $1000 cheaper than one Holset VGT especially if it’s for a Paccar MX

Yea, but them euro design paccar engines are soo good that nothing breaks or wears out. Soo you dont ever need to replace that vgt:bs:

Yea, but them euro design paccar engines are soo good that nothing breaks or wears out. Soo you dont ever need to replace that vgt:bs:

Funny you should say that. Don’t know if I mentioned this before but I was at kw dealer a few weeks ago. Guy from the shop was laughing in the parts room because he had the largest warranty claim on a NEW truck he’s ever seen. Shaft broke on the $5000 VGT. Pumped 3gal of oil in the new one piece after treatment can, which of course ruined it. Had almost $20,000 in warranty claims on a truck that had never been sold and had less than 100 miles.

Funny you should say that. Don’t know if I mentioned this before but I was at kw dealer a few weeks ago. Guy from the shop was laughing in the parts room because he had the largest warranty claim on a NEW truck he’s ever seen. Shaft broke on the $5000 VGT. Pumped 3gal of oil in the new one piece after treatment can, which of course ruined it. Had almost $20,000 in warranty claims on a truck that had never been sold and had less than 100 miles.

I sure as hell would not be laughing. Cummins warranty work is not much of a money making operation for dealers.

I sure as hell would not be laughing. Cummins warranty work is not much of a money making operation for dealers.

Well this was a Paccar MX which doesn’t change much since they’re all Cummins from the manifold back. Their lot is jam packed with warranty work. Wonder if Cummins is regretting switching to chinesium parts yet? Time to switch back to quality beaner parts.

He was laughing because they’re junk when they come in and still junk when they leave.

Last edited:
The company I used to work for had 25 new 579s (mx power) and 10 new coronados (dd15). The boss figured less downtime being new and what went wrong would be warranty. There is generaly 3 trucks down at any given time. None have more than 50k miles on em yet. Quality control is out the window. The salesman even say to unload em after 3 years or so. It was funny though that the dealer will take 388s and 389s in, but theyre not too keenon accepting the chitbox aero trucks back. I talked to a hopper outfit in town that has 4 579s with paccars than got sold on the sales pitch. They were gonna replace the whole fleet until they found out a 3 year old 579 is worth the same as a 379 with a c15 with a million on it. Junk, just junk

Posting more and more KW’s. You must be getting over that Pete mental illness.

Hows this, if it wasnt for kw id have alot more free time. After dealing with these phuckin things, im startin to think you kw guys have a mental illness

Superior kenworth quality heater box

Attachments

• 20180403_103237.jpg
    20180403_103237.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Superior kenworth quality heater box

I thought for a second that was a Pete fuse panel but it wasn’t green enough.

There is another option but no one liked the price. I think the stainless ones were almost $1000 and the OEM is like $130 and normally you only replace them once in the life of the truck so.........
896d509406eeadab00fb6908e2df9e15.jpg
c6bcc052e1111d8f682fa86c39b33f8c.jpg

Tried to get someone to let me have this today with no luck.
613291ba181e5603a1d41df4f2a0893b.jpg

Last edited:
I thought for a second that was a Pete fuse panel but it wasn’t green enough.

There is another option but no one liked the price. I think the stainless ones were almost $1000 and the OEM is like $130 and normally you only replace them once in the life of the truck so.........
896d509406eeadab00fb6908e2df9e15.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-
cdn.com/20180403/c6bcc052e1111d8f682fa86c39b33f8c.jpg

Tried to get someone to let me have this today with no luck.
613291ba181e5603a1d41df4f2a0893b.jpg

130? I think the new box was around 1200 dineros. 1k bux would be a steal for a stainless box

Back