Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I have a couple questions for any of you guys that have done hardwood floors in your truck. I want to use real, tongue and groove wood, none of this laminate stuff.

1. How did you attach the hardwood floor to the cab floor? I was thinking about using liquid nails but I was concerned that cold weather would cause the liquid nails to loose its hold and the boards would start to come up. I'm also thinking about using self tapping screws on each end of the board. I was thinking I'd drill a hole in the board then allow the self tapper to screw through the cab floor.

2. How did you work around the pedals? The clutch pedal wont matter but the throttle and brake will. I'm not sure if I leave them where they are and work around them, or if I take them out and reinstall them when the floor is installed. The only problem with taking them out is that I will have to make a new throttle linkage (mechanical engines) and I'm not sure the foot valve will work correctly. Any thoughts?

3. Both the trucks I intend on putting hardwood floor in are Freightliners and the floors angle upward at the pedals. I plan on installing the boards the width of the cab, side to side. When I get to this angle point the tongue and groove wont go together. Do I cut the tongue and groove off to match the angle? Thoughts?

Anything I'm missing.

I figure I'll leave the seat pedestals where they are. Or can I swap out a KW/ PB seat pan into my FL?

I have a couple questions for any of you guys that have done hardwood floors in your truck. I want to use real, tongue and groove wood, none of this laminate stuff.

1. How did you attach the hardwood floor to the cab floor? I was thinking about using liquid nails but I was concerned that cold weather would cause the liquid nails to loose its hold and the boards would start to come up. I'm also thinking about using self tapping screws on each end of the board. I was thinking I'd drill a hole in the board then allow the self tapper to screw through the cab floor.

2. How did you work around the pedals? The clutch pedal wont matter but the throttle and brake will. I'm not sure if I leave them where they are and work around them, or if I take them out and reinstall them when the floor is installed. The only problem with taking them out is that I will have to make a new throttle linkage (mechanical engines) and I'm not sure the foot valve will work correctly. Any thoughts?

3. Both the trucks I intend on putting hardwood floor in are Freightliners and the floors angle upward at the pedals. I plan on installing the boards the width of the cab, side to side. When I get to this angle point the tongue and groove wont go together. Do I cut the tongue and groove off to match the angle? Thoughts?

Anything I'm missing.

I figure I'll leave the seat pedestals where they are. Or can I swap out a KW/ PB seat pan into my FL?

Can I make a suggestion?

89ccb365c36a615342a6e534a5615cdd.jpg

They look so cool though

Forget the wood floors altogether. They aren't worth a phuck if you ask me.

You forget I don't drive for a living. Its just in a weekend toy.

I have to figure out something. The old rubber floor is in poor shape and is starting to wear through in some places and is ripped in others. I don't really want to put rubber back down, or carpet.

89ccb365c36a615342a6e534a5615cdd.jpg

They look so cool though

When they are new.

You forget I don't drive for a living. Its just in a weekend toy.

I have to figure out something. The old rubber floor is in poor shape and is starting to wear through in some places and is ripped in others. I don't really want to put rubber back down, or carpet.

I guess that may be different...

But the axles are all spaced the same on those. I have a major hard-on (if you can't tell) for the looks of a 16'6" spread lol

Last edited:
Put a fridge in my 07 379 tonight, pluged it in and did not work. I have no power at the factory plug. I checked the fuses. Where do I need to look?

Is there a fridge switch on the dash or in the sleeper? Our '03 379 at work has a switch in the sleeper that turns the fridge on/off

Back