Valve train tick

Is this with or without the accessories? I think my tick apparently was the fan hub. I couldn't locate it because of the higher pitched noise it was making.

I had a similar problem was bent push rods only noticeable rolling on a flat surface. 3 slightly bent push rods I believe we're flexing a little under pressure. Not sure that's possible. Might check your push rods on a flat table. Hope it's a easy fix

I also had an injector not sealing cause a tick. I would think if it was a bearing it would make the noise at any temperature.

So this kinda went to the back burner for a bit. But I ordered this guy to help

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-52500-Mechanics-Stethoscope/dp/B0002SQYSM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1418631787&sr=1-1&keywords=stethoscope"]Amazon.com: Lisle 52500 Mechanic's Stethoscope: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31U9Oa6ww%2BL.@@AMEPARAM@@31U9Oa6ww%2BL[/ame]

Also a 4' piece of garden hose held to your ear can help with non mechanical sounds

Also a 4' piece of garden hose held to your ear can help with non mechanical sounds

Are you referring to air leaks or what?

Also, a late update: Got a mechanics stethoscope. Coolest thing ever. But every valve cover sounds the same, so I'm leaning more towards the exhaust leak. Unless I should be holding the tool on the head, and not the valve covers...

Hold it everywhere you can. It will work. Just gotta narrow it down. You can even hold it on exh manifold and hear a leak. Its not as effective at that, but will work. Oil pan rail etc... Just be careful about getting it hung up in rotating parts. It hurts ears alot.

Hold it everywhere you can. It will work. Just gotta narrow it down. You can even hold it on exh manifold and hear a leak. Its not as effective at that, but will work. Oil pan rail etc... Just be careful about getting it hung up in rotating parts. It hurts ears alot.

Talking about the garden hose right?

Are you referring to air leaks or what?

Also, a late update: Got a mechanics stethoscope. Coolest thing ever. But every valve cover sounds the same, so I'm leaning more towards the exhaust leak. Unless I should be holding the tool on the head, and not the valve covers...
Any noise, abd you can pinpoint exactly where it's coming from, if it's not mechanical...

So exhaust leaks, any tapping etc.. it's like getting your ear right up against something and listening to it..

Graham it's talking about stethoscope and hose

Yeah lol. Still not sure what caused what. I'll for for sure once the head is off lol.

stethoscopes are great. in a pinch, slip a little snippet of rubber hose over a length of brakeline and put the rubber end in the ear. hold the metal end to whatever. tube amplifies the sound, rubber keeps you from jamming your brain with it.

Back