VP Dynamic Timing Vs. Advancing

Nice. I didn't think it would add more RPM necessarily, but shift the power curve higher in the RPM range. That would really help me in the back 1/2 of the track. Can't wait to try it on the drag strip.
I just got my elbow in the mail from Rollin Coal, so now I just need a new comp housing and I should have my boost leak completely solved.
Sean

I gotta go pick up a front cover from my friend. I'm gonna make a custom bolt on cover so that I'll be able to change my timing any time. I'm anxiously awaiting some results. 01cumminssport, did you happen to try 10* today?

i did try it, but there was no power down low and there was way to much timing down there but up top was like no other, it was popping and billowing brown smoke when i started to get on it, and it didnt want to rev but once it got past 2500rpm it took off like crazy, the best way to explain it is it felt like a smarty on level 9 with a comp on, but i also have these fire hose size injectors so that added to the affect of the to much timing and to way to much fuel down low

i did try it, but there was no power down low and there was way to much timing down there but up top was like no other, it was popping and billowing brown smoke when i started to get on it, and it didnt want to rev but once it got past 2500rpm it took off like crazy, the best way to explain it is it felt like a smarty on level 9 with a comp on, but i also have these fire hose size injectors so that added to the affect of the to much timing and to way to much fuel down low

Awesome!!! Did you see how high it would rev?

that was with the box on, with the box off it pulled the same as having the edge on level 2x5, i didnt get to really rev it out past 4k because the roads were wet and i would spin at 100mph, ill report back when the roads are dry and i can give it some throttle

that was with the box on, with the box off it pulled the same as having the edge on level 2x5, i didnt get to really rev it out past 4k because the roads were wet and i would spin at 100mph, ill report back when the roads are dry and i can give it some throttle

100mph? Damn...you can use first gear.:hehe:

Another question I have is this...Do you have your fuel pump hooked to your factory harness or a switch to 12v power? When my pump is hooked to direct power, I can pull another 100rpm. I found that my ecm was cutting off power once my truck went over 4200rpm. When the switch is on, I can go 4300rpm.

One more question...Is your redline actually giving a true readout of rpm now that you are advanced?

the redline is still reading like it should, and first is useless after 2500rpm and i can only free rev to 2000 for some reason, my fuel pump is wired directly to the battery through a switch

the redline is still reading like it should, and first is useless after 2500rpm and i can only free rev to 2000 for some reason, my fuel pump is wired directly to the battery through a switch

just trying to think of everything. I wanted to make sure I mentioned the fuel pump.

01- What pump are you running again? Is it a Hotrod, or one of those super fancy pants, monsters or a dragon fire?
Sean

cummins724, so you have a direct 12v wire for your lift pump, and it helps with rpms? when you had it wired through the computer, when you would rev to around 3800 or so, did you get a machine gun popping sound out of your exhaust? when i rev high with mine, i get this sound, and its purty annoying, so i was curious if directly wiring would help out with that any?

cummins724, so you have a direct 12v wire for your lift pump, and it helps with rpms? when you had it wired through the computer, when you would rev to around 3800 or so, did you get a machine gun popping sound out of your exhaust? when i rev high with mine, i get this sound, and its purty annoying, so i was curious if directly wiring would help out with that any?

Yep, I still get the machine gun effect at around 4360 when the switch is on though. I gained about 100rpm or so.

01- What pump are you running again? Is it a Hotrod, or one of those super fancy pants, monsters or a dragon fire?
Sean

its a totally stock pump, as in the origional pump that came on the truck, only has 140K on it now

send the redline back to chip and have him raise the limiter on it and it will eliminate the machine gun effect, wine will do it at 3400 rpm if i have the redline set there

send the redline back to chip and have him raise the limiter on it and it will eliminate the machine gun effect, wine will do it at 3400 rpm if i have the redline set there

I already talked to Chip about doing the unlimited upgrade. I'll be sending it in before season.

Another question I have is this...Do you have your fuel pump hooked to your factory harness or a switch to 12v power? When my pump is hooked to direct power, I can pull another 100rpm. I found that my ecm was cutting off power once my truck went over 4200rpm. When the switch is on, I can go 4300rpm.
[/QUOT
you run your pump off a toggle?.help me out. how did you wire to a 12v source?the gain was 100rpm . so you are bypassing the ecm?
thanks for the help

yeah, thats what hes doing.. its also a quick fix if your ECM decides to take a dump on you and not turn your lift pump on.. you could run it directly off your battery to your toggle, then to your pump. thats really all your ECM is doing is providing a 12v source to turn on your pump..

Back