VP Dynamic Timing Vs. Advancing

thats because he had too much timing. the fuel was igniting too far before TDC and each time trying to stall the crank. must've rattled like heck!
BUT... when RPMs increase, the timing is needed for complete burn/power. it still takes the same amount of time to burn the fuel, regardless of how fast the engine is spinning.$.02
I would adjust the timing tables on the ADR or smarty to advance slower so the engine can catch up and USE the timing more effectively.:Cheer:

Good point. Anyone know how the timing scale on the Adrenaline works? What about the 6* key though, is it actually helping or hurting?

10 deg is to much, you have to really ease into the throttle to make it rev to 2K with out it sputtering and cutting out when the edge is on 5, 5-6 deg was good, better low end and good top end, dont set the timing to the highest setting on you have revo on the smarty it makes the timing come in to soon and hurts the power, use 1-3 for timing that would be the best, and for the adr i dont know the setting it has so im not sure if you can adjust it the same way,

10 deg is to much, you have to really ease into the throttle to make it rev to 2K with out it sputtering and cutting out when the edge is on 5, 5-6 deg was good, better low end and good top end, dont set the timing to the highest setting on you have revo on the smarty it makes the timing come in to soon and hurts the power, use 1-3 for timing that would be the best, and for the adr i dont know the setting it has so im not sure if you can adjust it the same way,

I think 5* would be more than enough for me. I'm looking to gain 400rpm & I'll be set. I'm trying to set my truck up to pull in 4th low this year & If I can get my powerband into the 3600rpm range...it should be a runner!:rockwoot: I'm just confused as to why you didn't gain rpm after adding 5*?

mt truck starts doing the machine gun thing above 4K, i think my redline is making it do it because when i set the rpm for 3400 it will do it at 3500rpm, im going to send it to chip and get the unlimited tune and then ill see what i can rev to and see how far out its making power

mt truck starts doing the machine gun thing above 4K, i think my redline is making it do it because when i set the rpm for 3400 it will do it at 3500rpm, im going to send it to chip and get the unlimited tune and then ill see what i can rev to and see how far out its making power

Oh, thats right. I forgot about that. I'm gonna call Chip as well & get mine upgraded. My buddy brought me a front cover that I'm going to cut & make a removeable top for adjusting timing. Is the front cover gasket rubber or should I pick one up?

Good point. Anyone know how the timing scale on the Adrenaline works? What about the 6* key though, is it actually helping or hurting?

With the adrenaline you can make it so it doesnt advance the timing at all by setting the max timing to 0 degrees. There is also the timing curve where 100 is most aggressive and 0 is stock curve i believe. You could maybe run the 10* mechanical advance and set the adrenaline timing curve to a lower setting?

Mechanically advancing 10* might be better for the guys with the .120 lines and tubes to compensate for the delay at the injectors

With the adrenaline you can make it so it doesnt advance the timing at all by setting the max timing to 0 degrees. There is also the timing curve where 100 is most aggressive and 0 is stock curve i believe. You could maybe run the 10* mechanical advance and set the adrenaline timing curve to a lower setting?

Mechanically advancing 10* might be better for the guys with the .120 lines and tubes to compensate for the delay at the injectors

Very good point there. Thanks.

Together we make one good brain!:hehe:
Even if that brain is "abby normal" :hehe:
abby-normal.jpg

Man I forgot about that stuff. I used to run VP racing fuels all the time when I was racing MX. I should call up my old distributor and see if I can get one of those banners.
Sean

Back