West Coast Pull Series???

Call me crazy but I have not seen anyone get put into the modified class for a weight issue except for Howard. I just don't think there are many trucks that show up are overweight. There have been guys that show up to Hollister that have made 6500lbs, what about them?

-Tom

Let them use your hanging weights.....LOL

Sorry Tom, I had to throw some humor in here somewhere.

it's settled then, 8,000lbs across the board and the newbies who show up at there local pull can run in the work stock class :Cheer:

BBD

Tom--6500# makes the weight, but say there's enough of them let them pull against themselves and give the winner a bone--if not put them in the nearest class and if they win give them a bone----

Scott--and for the fat gay trucks??????......chris

Nah really keep it as it is and don't worry about the point series-- cuz that's what's going to happen if you want to play by their rules---nuff said.....chris

Tom--really the more I think about the 6500 class this point is invalid across the board---as far as I know there's no minimum weight or is there?????....chris

we seriously needa seris out this way i'm in ut and theres hardly anything even within 15 hrs drive

roughneck0913--get yourself 100 trucks and then they will talk to you--otherwise fahgetaboutit----chris

Alright, here's my recommendation. We already gave our money to you sutton, years ago. This is what we need: A website that stays up to date 24hours a day 7 days a week, with every pull, rules, results, distances, members, and a phony points system to deem a season champ, even though the season champ understands there is no prize, just bragging rights. The money we gave you could be the money to print flyers for the following event, which we pass out, at the pull prior, with website info, and general event info. We pass these to every dude that walks up to any of our trucks in order to generate interest on the upcoming pull. We do this for a full season and I bet we get a few more trucks showing up.

-Tom

I think that's the best idea I have read on here so far.
Also, just to let you know, like tom said some trucks weighed in at 6500, at Turlock and Hollister I pulled 6500, and I was still under weight, with my new bumper, weight rack and 1,000 hanging pounds I weighed in at about 7250 at bakersfield.
Alright, here's my recommendation. We already gave our money to you sutton, years ago. This is what we need: A website that stays up to date 24hours a day 7 days a week, with every pull, rules, results, distances, members, and a phony points system to deem a season champ, even though the season champ understands there is no prize, just bragging rights. The money we gave you could be the money to print flyers for the following event, which we pass out, at the pull prior, with website info, and general event info. We pass these to every dude that walks up to any of our trucks in order to generate interest on the upcoming pull. We do this for a full season and I bet we get a few more trucks showing up.

-Tom

Sleddy, David, Dieter,

When can we get a west coast NADM pull series started? Is this even possible? We need something out here for sure, and like 10 minutes ago too.

-Tom

First of all, I agree with this original statement. I'd love a pulling series.

Second, it's late, ok not that late, but I'm too tired to fully read the weight argument to understand what the hell it's all about.

What I DO know, is that last season, I started half way through the season. My first hook was in June.

I was BUSY too... seemed like Nat and I were on the road every other weekend.

Here's how my summer went:

#1- Red Bluff, CA 6/9/07
#2- Red Bluff, CA 6/10/07
#3- Redding, CA 6/16/07
#4- Dixon, CA 7/5/07
#5- Elko, NV 7/7/07
#6 & 7 Denver, CO 7/22/07 (Got 2 hooks because I was the first to pull)
#8- Ukiah, Ca 8/11/07
#9- Yerington, NV 8/18/07
#10- Reno, NV 8/24/07
#11- Gardnerville, NV 8/25/07
#12- Hollister, CA 9/29/07

So in 3 months, I got 12 hooks in, and the only one that wasn't close to home (Northern California) Was Denver.

All of them are 2-3 hrs from me, except for Elko, was about 8 hrs. And Nevada was on fire the whole time too LOL.

I guess the best idea, which I do believe was mentioned earlier, is for us to get together with Brian Masetti and get a series together with them. However, Tom's idea to pass out fliers, is also a great idea! Anything to get more guys in to pull. Or gals too ;)

Tom--tell you what I'll send you the whopping amount we have in the coffers I have from the members and you can do all the above--- but there's some things you don't know that took place so you will need to send Bryan and me the money we paid out of our pockets for the website---wanna trade-- you can have at it then----on www.dieselpullers.com or www.dieselpullers.org there's 12 members---only 4 do you hear from--you, Scott, Nick and I---I paid for Brandon's one year and Scott's for at least one year---Brian and I thought since we paid out of our pockets for the website we could maybe not have to pay dues for a yr or two, but I tell you what I'll send you my dues also and you can collect from Bryan, that way you can't harbor any ill will towards me---but I'll send you it all even what I paid out of my pocket for Brandon and Scott---you send me $450 (I sold a hood and used that money for the website and we gave Zipp honorary status for his design work) and I'll get in touch with Brian and see what he needs for painting the hood and whatever else he did---not such a good deal is it now----and lest you forget I was always and still have intended to take all out to dinner when we could all be at the same table so that at least you got something in return for your membership--I haven't forgotten---let me know what you want to do and remember you need to do this by yourself, because no one has stepped up to help in any way or form----again let me know how you want to proceed----chris

-Tom

Tom--tell you what I'll send you the whopping amount we have in the coffers I have from the members and you can do all the above--- but there's some things you don't know that took place so you will need to send Bryan and me the money we paid out of our pockets for the website---wanna trade-- you can have at it then----on www.dieselpullers.com or www.dieselpullers.org there's 12 members---only 4 do you hear from--you, Scott, Nick and I---I paid for Brandon's one year and Scott's for at least one year---Brian and I thought since we paid out of our pockets for the website we could maybe not have to pay dues for a yr or two, but I tell you what I'll send you my dues also and you can collect from Bryan, that way you can't harbor any ill will towards me---but I'll send you it all even what I paid out of my pocket for Brandon and Scott---you send me $450 (I sold a hood and used that money for the website and we gave Zipp honorary status for his design work) and I'll get in touch with Brian and see what he needs for painting the hood and whatever else he did---not such a good deal is it now----and lest you forget I was always and still have intended to take all out to dinner when we could all be at the same table so that at least you got something in return for your membership--I haven't forgotten---let me know what you want to do and remember you need to do this by yourself, because no one has stepped up to help in any way or form----again let me know how you want to proceed----chris

I'm gonna go out on a pretty big limb here and say that for those of us who are new around here.... we're missing something that's happened in the past. I don't know what it was, and don't necessarily need to know... Although I think I get the gist of it.

I know I like all y'all and that's the MAIN reason I come to pulls. Because it's certainly not because I have the best truck, and win sh!t.

Anything we can do to pull together and get this going, being backed by one of the sanctioning bodies, will help us, being that we're out here in the grass roots area. Just my tiny little two cents.

someone let me know where everyone is going to the next two pulls and I'll print up something----I've also started another thread in the sled pulling forum to get a show of hands to see who's interested in joining the DPO---so please let me know---

Tom-- I came across a little crass above, but I felt you came away the the same when I first read it, but now that I go back and read what you said I'm not sure you did, probably more of a jab on your part, because I know that $35 is eating your insides up, but anyway I've laid it all out for you what I've done and Bryan has done and I don't want you thinking I've screwed you out of $35, so if you want it back let me know--I'll refund everyone if that's what they want, but still it's better to work together than apart and if we can make it go it's better for us....but I, like you, will say what's on my mind, instead of keeping lips shut---chris

Pangela--nothing happened, but Tom and I don't *****foot around, at least not with each other, I still consider him a good friend, but we have never agreed on everything when it comes to the rules---he wants east rules and I say let's be a little forgiving since we don't have the numbers to make that work---but he didn't know the whole story about the DPO and really no one besides maybe Scott knew, but now everyone does, but it's all good---plus you can't have good discussion without a little heat now and then--but I maybe could've said it nicer, but I didn't and Tom is grown up and so am I---bottom line we need to figure something out to get more competitors or members if that's what we want............chris

and even though I haven't met the myth, the legend I still consider him a friend===yep that's sleddy and I'm not sure what we've ever agreed on besides diesel is where it's at and maybe knocking a beer back---and lest any of you think I'm backing down I'm not---I'd still like to knock both of them in the head for not agreeing with me and they would like to do the same to me I'd guess, but that doesn't mean we still can't have good time together when it's all said and done, unless of course their will is to not include me in their reindeer games....chris

Listen Chris, I DID take a jab at you, am I honestly worried about $35? Fukk no. Since the website is up, why don't we just maintain it? I don't care if its in "plain text" as long as the above mentioned information is up on it and readily available. That's what its for anyfrigginway. Flyers? FukkinA, that's where we are going to generate interest, and in a "work stock" kind of way too. Get these guys out to the track and one or two hooks under their belt without destroying something expensive and presto! Another puller. However, I would still like to have NADM involved in some degree, and for them to continue to put on events out on the Left coast.

And now, SOOTN, as far as knockin me in the head, take your best swing hotrod!

-Tom

Scott--and for the fat gay trucks??????......chris

That's easy, when he shows up and can't make it under 8000lbs you let him pull exhibition that ONE time, next pull he better be under weight !!!! you can't keep changing crap to meet everybody that is how we get so screwed up. Make the rules and the real pullers will comply as long as you don't keep changing them every year.

If that web page is still run by Zipp it won't be update for months after every pull, he is way to busy I have seen this in the past as well.

What we need is classes, rules for each class, people to enforce the rules, somebody to speak to the promoters to accept our rules, tech people, as Tom mentioned advertising.

We never have enough trucks at each pull to put together an organized group you have to be able to tell the promoters yes I can ensure you 10 super street trucks or 3 modified trucks etc....we have tried this in the past but lots of folks can't commit to pulling at each event including myself if one or two guys break you have to enough trucks to meet the number you promised the promoter

BBD

RedPuller---do you have any suggestions for gay trucks beside make it fit the rules--didn't think so and evidently you didn't read my posts or you wouldn't have posted all of Tom's quote????? but way to add to the thread--this is exactly why I posted what I did above.........

--not everyone will/can do what you have done to your truck and don't get me wrong I commend you on that, from coming from Pavement Sucks wheeler and making your truck a puller is great--- but not everyone has a spare truck, not everyone wants to tear their truck apart and put it back to use it for work, especially when we have to drive many miles to get to pulls and back-----so let's just keep them on the sidelines and out of the sport and not grow----this is what I mean--we are now on the side of the east coast way---screw them other's if they can't fit----well we don't have those type of numbers to say that----I wish we could, but we can't-----and again I will say for guys who are in your power level, most will abide by the rules, but it's new people we need and we need to do whatever to help them get the fever----chris

Of course I know that not everyone has a truck they can dedicate to pulling due to various reasons. I did read your posts, I just agree with what Tom has to say cuz like him I have spent my time and money on making my truck a puller per what the rules state. Lowering it to make it more competitive, stripping it down to make weight and now pulled the engine to re-build it into a more pulling friendly application.
I guess my suggestion for the "gay" trucks are to have them in their own class away from the dedicated puller classes. Like Scott mentioned, throwing them in either Work Stock or Exhibition is the way to go. Maybe Work Stock is a bit much cuz guys like you, Chris, could most likely out pull various Work Stock trucks. I would just hate to become as competitive as Scott and Tom and be in a class with daily drivers or "gay" trucks, woop their butts and then hear them complain later how they should have been running with "like" trucks.

Joe

Tom--I know you're not worried about the money, just a jab back----I talked to Bryan this morning and he is to get back to me on how long we have the site for--I'll talk to Zipp and see if he will release the info to let some of post info on the site---hopefully he will---

but I still don't think we treat heavy trucks unfairly, just because someone back east won't---we can be the test pit--'ell it may come out to be nothing when it's all said and done, but maybe something good will come of it---this is only for the stock, work stock classes as I see it----the others that are up to the task will pull against you and Scott or strictly exhibition----of course I think we must keep an open eye that if there's more trucks that fit into this category and have more power that we may want to include them in future, but it's a wait and see game---

I do want the NADM to continue to come here, but they want #'s to make that happen---if we need fat trucks to get the #'s I bet they may come around and make an exception and again that depends on the amount of fat/gay trucks that really are dedicated to showing up----

Tom you don't want to get hit by me---plus I like to have a brewski or three with you after hours---wouldn't be the same---but that's your call if you think you can't hang with me any longer--hope that's not the case as this is just a discussion as I see it---although with jabs and counters---

Scott --you are right we don't have #'s so how do we increase #'s ---one way is to let heavy trucks pull in some capacity to give them the itch---the other is like Tom says to put out flyers---although we tried this many yrs ago--maybe before you came on the scene, but now we do have more involved, but let's do both and see what happens---again the test pit---we are out nothing as I see it----

Joe the idea is to get these guys hooked and I don't want them to have to pull against Scott, Tom or whoever either and that's part of my point---if there's enough trucks give them the bone to get the fever--if there's not enough trucks then they are strictly exhibition and are only a # in the total amount of trucks which at least brings in gate money, but hopefully some will do what is necessary the following yr or sooner to comply----I know I'm bad example, but I use my truck everyday---I have thousands of dollars of tools I need to move from job to job and sometimes that's 3 different jobs in a week----it's physically impossible to remove the camper shell and ladder rack Friday night and that's if I get help and home in time and then drive the hours to the pull and then come back and put the truck back together if I have the help----which 99.999% of the time I don't have help----so because I have this dilemna I can see that others may have it also---so why punish them when they want to pull-----I just don't get it-----but we need to do something and we just go for it with the flyers and see how many fat trucks show up over the course and go from there and I'll talk to Brian Massetti and see what his feelings are these days---chris

I don't want to get in the weight argument but I don't believe the classes should be changed.

Why not just do this - Take a guys mods and see what class he would be in. Say it is super street. If he is over weight have him pull at the end of the class he would be in as an exhibition pull. That way we can help grow the pulling crowd around here and still have the set classes that us dedicated pullers pull in with the DHRA/NADM.

Back