What is the difference.....

The ag version vs. the truck???? I'm not sure. Sorry man.

The guys I talked at Gene's Machine Shop and at WipeOut both said for the kind of power I'm wanting (700-800HP) there was no need for head main studs. New stock bolts were more than enough. They both suggest fire ringing the sleeves for the added boost and EGT's.

How's the DT466 search coming?

Heath

Well i keep looking i have found alot of ag motors close thats why i was wondering and for a good price. main thing i am waiting on is tax money to get in but i am getting closer i caint wait to start working on it!!! whats the estimated cost of firering the sleeves? did you find a good turbo to go on your setup? i wonder what would be a good one for your range or maybe 100 hp more?

Well i keep looking i have found alot of ag motors close thats why i was wondering and for a good price. main thing i am waiting on is tax money to get in but i am getting closer i caint wait to start working on it!!! whats the estimated cost of firering the sleeves? did you find a good turbo to go on your setup? i wonder what would be a good one for your range or maybe 100 hp more?

As far as the fire rings, this is the quote I got from WipeOut:
I would decompress the pistons by adding valve reliefs for a larger cam. To add valve reliefs to the piston and clearance would be $90.00 each. Sleeves I would add fire rings machining for fire rings $35.00 each. I would ceramic coat the top of the pistons and Teflon coat the sides $390.00 for a set of 6. Fire Rings $48.00 for a set of 6. Printed seal head gasket cut out for fire rings $240.00.

As far as the fuel and turbo's, every place I talked to told me to call Columbus Diesel and talk to Mark Massey and he'd find the right combo for me.

I've not called, them yet, it's a bit too early for me to get that going..... yet.

Heath

The ag version vs. the truck???? I'm not sure. Sorry man.

The guys I talked at Gene's Machine Shop and at WipeOut both said for the kind of power I'm wanting (700-800HP) there was no need for head main studs. New stock bolts were more than enough. They both suggest fire ringing the sleeves for the added boost and EGT's.

How's the DT466 search coming?

Heath

:doh:Genes Machine must not need any money I am building a tractor and I have emailed them, called them and left messages and no response so I am going with Riverside Engine, WipeOut for the head parts, and Dans Diesel for the rest.:woohoo:

:doh:Genes Machine must not need any money I am building a tractor and I have emailed them, called them and left messages and no response so I am going with Riverside Engine, WipeOut for the head parts, and Dans Diesel for the rest.:woohoo:

That's weird. I talked to Brent Payne at Gene's on several occasions without much hassel. Sorry to hear that. I had the most trouble getting to talk to Dave at WipeOut, but it wasn't too much trouble. I'll have to check out Riverside and Dan's Diesel. Thanks for the heads up.

Heath

I picked up a 10 lug Dana 80 out of a '91 F-Superduty (450) this past weekend. Now I need a tranny and a T-case.

Heath

Found a Fuller FS 6306A that I'm going to convert to an FSO 6306A (overdrive). I'm going to drive down to GA and pick it up on the 25th. Once I have it and give it a good once over, I'll order the three gears to make it an overdrive tranny and whatever else it needs.

Next on the list will be the T-case. Probally an SCS unit.

Slowly but surely...........

Heath

that sounds great man thats the only to do it!!! i still want to do
it but its still on hold need more money and way to many things to pay for!!

What truck is this going in? Awseome build, someday i would like to do one of these.

The black '86 F250 in my signature. It's a slow process as I'm going to be paying on the loan I took out to pay the closing costs and to cover the deficit between what I still owed on my morgage when I sold my house in Toledo for the next two years. Being underwater $35,000 on that house has killed my project fund.

I'm just buying parts when I can find a good deal. Slowly but surely.

Heath

Last edited:
Are you running the rad in front of the motor or in the bed? I always figured i would run it in the bed just cause it would be easier and then my motor wouldn't be under the cab to make it easier to work on.

Are you running the rad in front of the motor or in the bed? I always figured i would run it in the bed just cause it would be easier and then my motor wouldn't be under the cab to make it easier to work on.

Keeping the Radiator in front, pusher electric fans, dog house the firewall to clear the back of the motor, possibly a remote intercooler.

Heath

466 parts

hello, are you still gathering engine parts etc

i have a 3 charger dielsel superstock that im uprgrading some parts (injection pump, lines, cam etc)

I may have parts and maybe a complete 466.

Have you figured out how much the doghouse will have to be moved back? There is a guy that has a like a 95 with a 466 in it pushing a lot of power, strictly pulling truck. He goes by powersnorter on some other forums, not sure if he is on here. But from pics i have seen of it he didn't mess with the firewall much at all if any. Runs the radiator in the bed and it looks like the pulleys are really close to the grill. Keep up the build man seems like a lot of people want to do this or start doing this but you don't see a lot of finished ones.

Im doing the same thing to my 2004 CC F350 just havent been able to find the right deal on a motor have one located but they want 3000 soince i dont have a core. looking to run a 13 speed behind mine though.

hello, are you still gathering engine parts etc

i have a 3 charger dielsel superstock that im uprgrading some parts (injection pump, lines, cam etc)

I may have parts and maybe a complete 466.

i might be interested in some parts what are you gonna have?

parts

I have lots of parts
1150cc hypermax p pump (ag gov) with stainless lines 2500
hypermax flat tappet 00 cam 300
hypermax moly push rods 200
s480 area diesel turbo with upgraded bearings 1,000

just some of what I have

crdeckard@hotmail.com

Back