What Pistons to use for a CR Race engine

rauautomotive

Looking for some input on what are good pistons to use on a Common Rail Build, it is a Drag truck.
They will need to be fly cut i don't want to go to much lower than stock compression.

I know Mahle and Arias make some just don't know what works best, any input would be great, thanks

QSB480 Marine pistons, then you would need to
change your injector tips to 03 style.
I should have asked what year truck.

Last edited:
it is for a 2005 and i don't want to change injectors to the 03-04 style due to it being a 05 and already having everything setup for a 2005

budget is flexable, just don't want to spend $3,000 on just pistons.

Insurance!!

Pay now or Pay later!!

I learned the HARD way!!

3cf23c59.jpg

stock pistons with a quality coating have work for me for several years. Correct tuning and correctly matched components will make the truck live much longer.

stock pistons with a quality coating have work for me for several years. Correct tuning and correctly matched components will make the truck live much longer.

Your set up is not the same as everyones, some like swole can break steel pistons, if given the chance.

personally i've never had any issu'e with aluminum pistons, uless the tune was off the charts, but thats a tuning issue.

Ty is correct, His coated slugs have worked well for him...

He has not has the electronic failures of parts that I have... had he had the same failure that I when this happen, I can assure you his would have been Just like this!

Coating will work, providing that you DON'T have my kinda luck!!

it is strickly a competition only race truck not a drive on the street truck. How much are the Ross pistons and where do you get them? Should i lower the compression? i know i have to flycut the pistons due to the high lift cam so would have to cut them before they get coated, that is even if the Ross pistons or Mahle even need to be coated. Thanks guys for all your help and input!

Your set up is not the same as everyones, some like swole can break steel pistons, if given the chance.

personally i've never had any issu'e with aluminum pistons, uless the tune was off the charts, but thats a tuning issue.

That's just called " The luck of Swole " If he destroys those pistons.... IMHO, he really should sell the truck :doh: lol

No, my set up isn't the same as some but, Swole and I aren't real far apart in the HP arena so I've had ampule opportunity to melt mine since it's build.

Last edited:
Back