what turbo for pulling

Destination

Mechanically Injected
building truck to pull in a 2.5 class with my current setup what turbo would be the best. i was thinking of a 62/71/14 but not sure if i should go bigger. also what would be the biggest turbo that would still be 2.5 legal

thanks in advance
richard

i think a 64 is legal, i guess it depends on the plug though, i am unaware of what they measure, however i was told once that they are supposed to be legal in the 2.5

The compressor is a 65mm inducer and 92mm exducer.

Turbine is 83mm inducer and 74mm exducer.

I love mine, just wish I could tow a little easier...

I do! Even with 3.55's and 35" tires carrying around a 7500lb truck it daily drives ok! Once you learn how to drive it you can accelerate with little to no smoke the same speed as the people around you. I do have a .8AR turbine housing on mine also though. I am wanting to get a Maxspool cam cut for me that should make daily driving easier, just need to stop breakin' other stuff first lol.

Back and forth from school and work which is a lot of traffic around 16 I think, would be much better on the highway but I haven't taken a trip in a while.

turbo

the maxspool cam from greg (comp461) will help the spool and you small housing deffinitly helps alot.

you can just a basic grind or he can give you a grind specific for your applicatin? he worked with me on mine and is one hell of a guy to do business with.
i know some guys don't care for him but business wise he will go above and beyond to make things right!!

well if it was an all out puller i would run the redline but i would rather not run it on a daily driver. as for the turbo that is pretty big or a daily driver auto trans, if it was a stick i think it would be easier, not saying im not interested in a s465 but does anyone daily drive with one on a auto trans?

Destination, I got a 2.8hx50, billet wheel, custom machined 17cm housing with hx40 downpipe with t3 to t4 adapter i would make you a deal on. It uses stock comp. outlet pipe and clamp and any 4 inch cold air intake. Tim

HX50 pass in a 2.5? A buddy ran one last year with just DV's and 370's and it screamed.

sounds kinda tempting but i was kinda wanting to stay in the 2.5 class. but i will keep it in mind

It could with the right comp housing which i might just know where one could be found. Tim

wonder how that would daily drive on my truck?
are you talking about the one you just bought or the one that is on your white truck?

Back