what turbo for pulling

I have been thinking about the 465 for a while. Would I be able to tow with it like my SB66 or will it be comp only and daily driver.

Its going to depend on how the turbo is built along with other things in your truck. Its not as simple as yes or no. Your driving style will also play a big part. Some guys are good at driving a non drivable set up.

I have been thinking about the 465 for a while. Would I be able to tow with it like my SB66 or will it be comp only and daily driver.

You have a upgraded camshaft right? Head port and polished? I have towed a trailer with two big 4wheelers on it and it was fine, little smoky when accelerating up the on ramp but other than that it wasn't bad. I think if I added a cam and got a new AFC foot it wouldn't be bad at all for moderate towing...

If you wanted a nice 2.5 puller/street truck I would go for a Silver 64 or 62 I wouldn't recomend a S465 on a 24v truck that is RPM limited.

Brett

Brett is right as far as a standard off the shelf 465. That is why we offer it in several different configurations.

Scotty give us a call there can be alot to discuss depending on what your looking for.

You have a upgraded camshaft right? Head port and polished? I have towed a trailer with two big 4wheelers on it and it was fine, little smoky when accelerating up the on ramp but other than that it wasn't bad. I think if I added a cam and got a new AFC foot it wouldn't be bad at all for moderate towing...

I have a cam,4.10s,32"tires,5spd. I towed this home and only seen 1200 at the hottest.
View attachment 11426

Sorry for the Hijack Richard

Last edited:
Turbo pics

here are a couple of turbo pics of the one i used to have on my 12 valve.

Attachments

• DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00276.JPG
    DSC00276.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 15
There might be a silver bullet or two sittin on the shelf after harvest. You might be able to try one out and see how it works. Wait, i forgot, only one of them will pass tech at schieds. Sorry for the jab Smokin Flatbed, but i had too. Tim

Back