Who disagrees with me that this is nos?

It's ok Ronnie I promise I've kinda missed you this summer, bring your money over for a protest, fuel is getting kinda expensive these days, and better yet bring the ole 48 special, I'm sure rick would let you make a exb run!!!! Or I guess this dog will hunt!!!! Nice of you to keep in touch Ron thanks again! You really just made me feel a lot better about myself, I'll take your jealous comment as a pat on the back!!!

Better yet did you notice the red truck is a SHORT WHEELBASE! I would protest his wheelbase!!!!!!!Guess life isn't so cool being uncle Ron now is it?????

No way the red truck is spraying, the truck should clean up and stay that way. Unless he's hitting it off and on, which wouldn't make any sense, way more risk of white smoke/popping and drastic rpm changes going on and off the spray. Smooth steady controlled input would be the only way I would run.

Yeah that's not nos, just looks like it's bumping the governor to me. Sick running truck though. How anyone can call those charger's "2.6" with a straight face is beyond me.

Bingo, no nitrous there...

Careful how much you build your truck Jon, you'll be the next talk of the town and everyone's gonna say you run NOS too...*nx*.

All I can say is The Cost of Living truck is one bad a$$ truck :Cheer:

I believe that he built a great engine. I don't know Dan, nor have I ever met him, it looks like to me he had everything dialed in perfectly and as it is going down the track, the motor is unloading just a bit. The truck is flying down the track.

No, but I see a few prime examples of how NADM's turbo rule doesn't work.

I'm pretty much out of the truck turbo loop, But I got this from NADM's site.
Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED

To me, that means any turbo manufactured with a inducer larger than 2.6 is illegal. No questions.

I'd say, HX60's and 82's for example, don't even need to be measured. They're out. I don't care if they have a 1" inducer, they're illegal.

What am I missing?

Just because a bushing is prohibited does not mean the hx60's and 82's are illegal. The inducer size is still 2.6" with no bushing when the cover is modified and the wheel is clipped.

If it helps a bushing at least around here, is defined as a piece that can be installed and removed to change the inducer size of the turbo. So as long as the bushing is fixed as in welded or part of the cover and meets the rest of the protrusion rules it is legal.

I'd say it's a compliment when people think you're running nitrous and you're not! It looked suspicious to me in the video, but for the reasons mentioned, it makes sense to me that it probably isn't nitrous. Great running truck, especially impressive for a short wheelbase.

The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the
compressor housing may be 2.6”.

I don't care if it's welded in, silicone, bolted, or held in with a tarp strap. Or if the cover's welded down to 2.6 and machined, or if it's a aftermarket cover. The way I take that rule is that there has to be a complete turbocharger assembly available from a manufacturer that has a 2.6 bore.

I the rule would have stated "reducing any larger size turbo down to 2.6 is prohibited" it would have been clearer.

According to Websters.

The way it's worded, the inducer does have to be 2.6, so it has to but a protrusion charger, but it does not say how much protrusion. It's defined because they specify the inducer bore, not the tips of the wheel themselves. A larger that 2.6 inducer obviously will not fit into a 2.6 inducer bore.

1: a usually removable cylindrical lining for an opening (as of a mechanical part) used to limit the size of the opening, resist abrasion, or serve as a guide

The operative word is "usually"

Last edited:
You all have remember this is all being done at FPP events. Nothing against Dan but most of the out comes at FPP events don't hold true when those trucks travel to non FPP events. Just saying!

First off I know Dan the driver of the red truck and have pulled with him many times. He is a heck of a nice guy and just because he did his homework and him and his brother Bruno figured out a way to dominate a class he's gotta be a cheater huh? Idk personally what his setup is exactly nor would I tell if I did know but I know his truck screams and he's put the class at a whole new level that no protrusion 2.6 charger is gonna touch. The video of Lawrence county that track sucked pretty bad and he was in and out the throttle a lot to try to hook up. A guy told me once you can cheat all day long and if you never win nobody pays attention or really cares but as soon as you start winning your a cheater even if your 100% legit and that's about how it goes.

If you read the rules bushing a turbo down is legal just weld it in and its no longer a bushing. This is not a protrusion turbo class and can run a larger .250 map groove aswell.

You guys have protest rules? We don't have anything. You think some ones cheating it's grow a pair and call them out on it in person and settle it.

I don't care if it's welded in, silicone, bolted, or held in with a tarp strap. Or if the cover's welded down to 2.6 and machined, or if it's a aftermarket cover. The way I take that rule is that there has to be a complete turbocharger assembly available from a manufacturer that has a 2.6 bore.

I the rule would have stated "reducing any larger size turbo down to 2.6 is prohibited" it would have been clearer.

According to Websters.

The way it's worded, the inducer does have to be 2.6, so it has to but a protrusion charger, but it does not say how much protrusion. It's defined because they specify the inducer bore, not the tips of the wheel themselves. A larger that 2.6 inducer obviously will not fit into a 2.6 inducer bore.

The operative word is "usually"

Hahahahaha i guess if it was your organization, then you could make your own rules and tell people how they should be! Until then sounds to me like you haven't got a clue, about the truck world,cause I'm sure almost every decent running competitive 2.6 truck has at least a hx60 or a s480 frame IMO. So everyone would be protested and dq and someone would have lots of turbos and nos systems, since protesting would be as easy as calling some one a cheater slugging them in the like a man with a huge sac. Cause there's wouldn't be a protest rule! I'm sure the ntpa has one! Lol But what would I know. Ron you started this 2 years ago you asked me to bring my truck out I did, now you call me a cheater and you don't even pull against me or where I pull! Is it personal??? A friend I pull against?? Or jealousy!! All you and everyone else have to do is ask me to leave, I'll gladly park my truck again. I built my truck to the fpp rules it's the closest series I can run to where I live, and makes the most sense. So maybe when my season is over I'll make my way out to other places and test the waters. Just if it had a haisley sticker on it I'm sure no one would start anythingn about it. Just remember mr. 9724vf350, b.i.g. Never. Spelled B.a.d. I'll get you Ron, might not be today, maybe not even this week, maybe not this year, but I promise you I'll get you! Nothing against anyone else you guys are just stating you opinions, which I'm entertained with, thanks comp d!!!

Last edited:
Do tell what your truck is running on when the smoke goes away? I have nothing against you or your truck....if the wheelbase was stretched 2 more feet you would go 20 ft farther than you are now.
Get on you tube and find 1 video of a 2.6 or 3.0 truck where the smoke goes away during the heaviest part of the hook without loosing any power...and I'm not talking about the 1st 150 ft where it can be peddled.
Your truck clearly loses diesel fuel several times and is running on who knows what at 250 to 300 plus feet.... and it never begins to falter.
Seems like I struck a nerve....and I will remind you it is against the law to make personal threats!

Good day

For starters, you're a fukking idiot and reading the dumb **** you post kills brain cells.

2nd, if you would pay attention, you would realize that I was never going after your truck, I was discussing the turbo rules in general. While I did know what charger you have when I started that discussion, I never referenced your truck or anyone else.

3rd, I will say that your sh!t does look like it runs well. I'd like to see a video of it on a track other than the loose dirt in that video though.

4th I agree, everything competitive has at least a 480/60 and should be allowed to. The rule wording is screwed up.

5th B.I.G never spelled B.A.D? I know what it means, what are you implying?

Back