Who is running a VGT on 2nd gen 24 Valve and how do you like it ????

Yes, that would work, but I'm not sure you could do it with the turbo installed, off the truck it should be no problem. You wouldn't need to make bolts, just use the long ones in the short position, all you need to do is hold it from moving side to side. The teeth on the lever are pretty coarse, so you don't have to be 100% exact, 90% will work in this case. The biggest concern is keeping the orientation of the electronic module the same when you R&R.

Ok thats good. In Australia there arnt any trucks to do a key trick on, so I would have to take it to Cummins. Thats a bit of a drive. And yes I would do all that setup on the bench, then bolt her in . Thanks again, Billysgoat.

Sorry, I didn't notice you were across the pond! So finding a truck to rehome it would indeed be a bit difficult to say the least LOL

If your turbo was on a truck, and the electronics have never been removed it should be at home position so I wouldn't move a thing and do what you are talking about with marking it.

Sorry, I didn't notice you were across the pond! So finding a truck to rehome it would indeed be a bit difficult to say the least LOL

If your turbo was on a truck, and the electronics have never been removed it should be at home position so I wouldn't move a thing and do what you are talking about with marking it.

Yes I have 2 of them. One is here still untouched and thats why I needed to know how to take it apart right. The second one has Just had Brandon at HTT do the 64mm wheel upgrade but that one is waiting shipping from Utah. That one also needs to be rehome as you put it. But with this thread and some help from your self, I am getting a clearer picture as to how to set these up properly. The next thing is to go back to Caleb and find out more about there program for the Fleece controller.

The program is stone axe simple, RPM and requested fuel quantity = % open or closed that you set in the program. Once it is hooked up and you are driving the vehicle you can monitor where it is at in the table in realtime and make changes as needed. I just have not had the time to do this here lately, but I can say that once it is tuned right it will be niiiiiice!

He351vgt

If anybody has any questions about the vgt and fleece on a 24 valve, pm me. Have one and a fleece controller on the shelf that didnt satisfy an overfueled customer. Have dp and cold pipe and adapter for 3 piece manifold too.

New to forum. I have to post the 10 times before I can PM.
Is the turbo and Fleece controller still availble?

I have my complete kit for sale. Everything needed including manifold and fleece.

Why are you selling already? Did you not like it? I just read the thread and am considering this set up for my tow rig... Still weighing the pro's and con's..

I still wait this tuning software. where did ya'll get it mine came with no software just the controller

got it downloaded & connected to truck. the seen the grid & had the yellow square moving around. don't know completly try to read but kept getting a com error when trying to read. I'll call fleece I guess. thanks again.

Last edited:
What would be the best injector to run with a stock he351vgt. For towing around 14-16k

i personally have 125s in and i think it was too smoky with the stock he351. if i had it to do again, i wouldn't go bigger than 100s.

i put in a batmo wheel, and the smoke is very tolerable now with the 125s.

Im gonna use a 3rd gen manifold and was wondering what needs to be done to the factory oil feed line

Nothing, I used my stock feed line, all you have to do is clock the turbo a bit to help it line up. You will need to clock it a bit anyway to help clear A/C lines.

Anyone have a controller they would like to sell? Im finishing up my swap and trying to find a controller. I used alot of 6.7 parts on my swap. Manifold, oil drain, intercooler pipe, and air intake tubes. Had to use some aftermarket silicone boots but everything made for a very clean install.

Back