Who is running a VGT on 2nd gen 24 Valve and how do you like it ????

Would the II 64 mm compressor upgraded turbo benefit this swap with 100 horse inj and towing heavy and reduce drive pressures.

A 64 compressor wheel would not do anything with drive pressure. You're getting high EGTs with 100s? Mine has been doing fine with 150s, but then again I haven't towed heavy yet.

I'm trying to get my software downloaded from fleece, that they sent me in an email. I cannot get it to open up and i'm using windows 7. If anyone has any tips on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you unzipped it yet? It comes compressed in .rar format as best I remember, you can download winrar for free to unpack it. Once that is done it works fine on 7, at least it did for me.

I am also looking for a controller, If anyone has a setup I'd buy it. I found a cheap charger, but I will probably need to go through it before I put it on.

I'm trying to get my software downloaded from fleece, that they sent me in an email. I cannot get it to open up and i'm using windows 7. If anyone has any tips on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

A guy from cummins forum sent me the file through Vimeo and I was able to get it working on my computer with very little effort. Before that I was never able to get the file Fleece sent me to work. If you PM me your email address I can try forwarding the Vimeo download link

The program is stone axe simple, RPM and requested fuel quantity = % open or closed that you set in the program. Once it is hooked up and you are driving the vehicle you can monitor where it is at in the table in realtime and make changes as needed. I just have not had the time to do this here lately, but I can say that once it is tuned right it will be niiiiiice!

Billysgoat, do you have your VGT up and running. How are you finding the paramiters working out for you. Also Caleb sent me version 1.6 but it seems all the other guys are using V1.3. It has me a bit worryed as there dosent seem to be a box to set EB % LIKE THE V1.3.

Ayup, going strong. The tune I have in it now needs some work, with hot weather here it is a bit slower to spool and twisting the knob gets old LOL

E brake percentage is likely set at a default of 94-95%, I wouldn't worry about it to much so long as it works.

Dumb Aussie, found the v1.3, feel happier now. Ha Billy, any chance I could see your setup numbers, just to give me an idea what I should be looking at.

Certainly, shoot me an e-mail and I'll send it your way.

blybd a s s s at hotmail dot com, just delete the spaces and put something like VGT tables in the subject so I can catch it if it goes to junk.

I just started my truck for the first time in a long time tonight. I'm still looking for an intercooler pipe so I don't have to fab my own, I'm pretty pressed for time. I have a 1" thick adapter on a 2nd gen manifold. If anyone has one or knows of someone who fabs them up let me know. If I can't find one by next Monday I will just make my own, I'm just looking to save some time. Also, I heard of people making these fit with adapters and still clearing the shock towers, I had to remove 3 inches of mine to get the shock to clear by 1/8". I'll post pictures up later.

You can do three things, fab one up like you stated, find one from a 3rd gen to buy, or buy a reducing boot. I bought a reducing boot and have a ridiculous number of clamps and pieces in there right now to make the slight curve needed, I just have not had the time to make the pipe.

Greg, you have mail! Let me know if it makes it with an attachment please, hotmail can be wonky at times.

U guys that have took the electronics off the turbo to get the charger unstuck or cleaning them. What kind of grease are u using to lub the gear and the arm on the charger?

The grease that was left on the gear after i took it off looks almost white!

The dealer ship printed me out some paper work on where to set the arm and it said to put the grease that came in the kit with the new electronics but the part guys couldnt find just the grease!

I finally found the grease that u are suppose to use, it is from holset. I just cant figure out why Billygoat's dealership did just a key swip( just turn the key on ). To time his controler off a 6.7 truck. My dealership said u had to use a 6.7 truck and using a scan tool function "Misc functions" under ECU, perform VG Turbo Actuator Pre-Align/Self Calibrate.

And the place i got the grease from said he knew of 2 ways to time it one was send him the turbo and they had a jig build to set it in the right position and they would check the turbo when the got done with it for fully open and fully closed. He said the other way u could do it was some kind of program would set it with a lap top (cant remember exactly what it was but i dont think it was a scan tool). But it may be the samething.

I pluged may controler up to a friends 6.7 and the gear turn like 8-10 teeth it looked like ( may not have been hardly that much) but it seemed like it turned a lot. It turned counter clockwise so it should be close. Because the arm where u pin it on the charger with the 1/8 inch pin is basicly all the way open on the vanes if im thinking right.

It just bugs me that iv heard of 3-4 different ways to time the controler!

I did the key on/off on the advice of Cayleb, he says it will get pretty close, so far it seems to be about right. Most servo type motors like this use an encoder that is part of the motor to determine position, my guess is the motor unit is set up in such a way that a certain reading from the encoder is home on all the motors. With the absence of any other way to pick up a position it's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

I did the key on/off by myself, so I couldn't watch the motor at all, cannot comment on which way it turned etc.

I just started my truck for the first time in a long time tonight. I'm still looking for an intercooler pipe so I don't have to fab my own, I'm pretty pressed for time. I have a 1" thick adapter on a 2nd gen manifold. If anyone has one or knows of someone who fabs them up let me know. If I can't find one by next Monday I will just make my own, I'm just looking to save some time. Also, I heard of people making these fit with adapters and still clearing the shock towers, I had to remove 3 inches of mine to get the shock to clear by 1/8". I'll post pictures up later.

A little late now, but I have made a few intercooler pipes for that setup

Back