Who thinks BgBldodge's truck will break 500HP???

Maybe you should try degreeing the cam and see if it's where it needs to be.

After talking to the guys there this is a drop in cam and doesn't need to be degreed. They suggested going to a t3 manifold and smaller housing. Going to double check valve lash and for boost leaks. see if I can find out why I only reach 45 psi.

that strikes my curiousity might have to look into that. i wonder how much a degree or two off would actually make if thats the case.

pay faster then lol. think i might have solved one issue with a valve adjustment this evening. valves were a little out of adjustment will have to see how she does next time on the dyno.

Last edited:
Study your graph. Retune and retest. Still looks like the fuel is ahead of the air.

11 years and over $20,000 later LOL

I sold my 499.2 HP wonder 99' BBS-inflicted truck to some 19 year old kid for $7500. I wouldn't be surprise if he wrecked it the first week and the Big Blue 24 valve truck ended up in the crusher.

No joke, the buyer only made it 5 blocks before he was pulled over for excessive speeding and the truck was impounded. I got a call from Metro, they wanted to make sure I had truly sold the truck.

No joke, the buyer only made it 5 blocks before he was pulled over for excessive speeding and the truck was impounded. I got a call from Metro, they wanted to make sure I had truly sold the truck.

That's pretty funny!:st:

that had to suck for that kid lol. on another note i adjusted the valves the other night, adjusted the fuel plate and afc, and solved a small boost leak i found. after all that it runs much better. i have noticed another issue that i am not sure anyone else has had. i backed the pre boost screw out almost all the way and now its hard to start. gonna try and turn it in another turn or so and see if it gets easier to start

I've heard of that before. There's not enough rack travel (it's to early for proper terms) to allow it enough fuel to start.

Whack the throttle a few times and it will start normal. Mine has done this before.

Mine doesn't. Plate at approx 400 cc's, maybe one full turn on the pre boost, and star wheel approx 3/4 forward and it still takes quite a but to get it started. The more I turn it in the easier it is to start.

Trust me, the engine in that truck is what other "whackomotors" strive to be LOL

i backed the pre boost screw out almost all the way and now its hard to start. gonna try and turn it in another turn or so and see if it gets easier to start

I've heard of that before. There's not enough rack travel (it's to early for proper terms) to allow it enough fuel to start.

This ^^^

Whack the throttle a few times and it will start normal. Mine has done this before.

:umno:

Mine doesn't. Plate at approx 400 cc's, maybe one full turn on the pre boost, and star wheel approx 3/4 forward and it still takes quite a but to get it started. The more I turn it in the easier it is to start.

To start without bumping the throttle these pumps require 9-10mm of rack travel at cranking speed, you've probably backed the pre-boost screw out far enough to drop it to 7-8mm.

Back