your set up plus dyno numbers 12 valve only.

Lanes Car Show Dyno 2010 - YouTube

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tEbPpB-LyWw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tried to embed it but I guess I'm not smart enough.

496/1068 on 38" tires

Slow spool because they tried to load it with the dyno brakes and I had the convertor locked before I stepped in it. It actually has great street manners and almost no smoke as long as you are gentle with the skinny pedal. When the wife drives it I get phone calls...

160 pump, 191s, no plate, tuned AFC, 20*, gutted grid heater, 4500 gov, 5x .014 JL injectors, airdog 150, 62/14 S300, stock cam. Fire rings and 14s with thicker gasket. Billet trans with ATS five-star convertor.

Suggestions welcome

Currently apart for head stud replacement (one broke from corrosion) and will likely not put it back the same as before (probably with an S475 or S480). It just sits and gets played with a few times a year anymore...

Last edited:
496/1068

160 pump, 191s, no plate, tuned AFC, 20*, gutted grid heater, 4500 gov, 5x .014 JL injectors, airdog 150, 62/14 S300, stock cam. Fire rings and 14s with thicker gasket. Billet trans with ATS five-star convertor.

Suggestions welcome

Add more fuel pressure, add more timing, add either larger injectors (5x.018" or larger delivery valves Comp Cut DV's), add a rack plug, max-out the pump barrels.

Add more fuel pressure, add more timing, add either larger injectors (5x.018" or larger delivery valves Comp Cut DV's), add a rack plug, max-out the pump barrels.

The pump has been benched. 380-525ccs is what the sheet i got back with it said. I guess I don't know what DVs it has - I sent it to them with "laser cuts" at the time, and the ones it came back with were 191s?

I have some 5x.016 and dual feed 5x.018 injectors also, but haven't used them yet since I thought it'd be too much for my single to clean up and the truck is on the street a fair amount. Maybe when I put it back together I will try them.

Any idea how much timing to start at? 22*? 36*? I realize every truck is different.

Also, what's the best way to up the fuel pressure on a ad150? Stretch the spring in under the fitting?

The pump has been benched. 380-525ccs is what the sheet i got back with it said. I guess I don't know what DVs it has - I sent it to them with "laser cuts" at the time, and the ones it came back with were 191s?

I have some 5x.016 and dual feed 5x.018 injectors also, but haven't used them yet since I thought it'd be too much for my single to clean up and the truck is on the street a fair amount. Maybe when I put it back together I will try them.

Any idea how much timing to start at? 22*? 36*? I realize every truck is different.

Also, what's the best way to up the fuel pressure on a ad150? Stretch the spring in under the fitting?

Ide say start with 26-28* and I think AD sells springs for higher pressure for <$5.

534hp / 1093 ft lbs.

97 12 valve 5 speed
3k springs
#10 tst plate
60# valve springs
Don M hot rod 370s
19 degrees timing
62mm 14cm^2 IIS phat shaft 62
Fire ringed head with ARP studs
AFE air filter
4" exhaust

Stock manifold, stock intake horn, stock intercooler boots, stock lift pump, stock cam

Last edited:
180 pump with no plate
hx40-18.5cm/ht3b-32cm twins
022 dv's
DDP4's
19*
4GSK
stock lift pump with Aeromotive regulator holding 30 psi
Mack rack plug

590/1050 at around 3200 rpms. Couldn't get on top of the turbos quick enough with the little rollers on this particular dynojet.

Last edited:
534hp / 1093 ft lbs.

97 12 valve 5 speed
3k springs
#10 tst plate
60# valve springs
Don M hot rod 370s
19 degrees timing
62mm 14cm^2 IIS phat shaft 62
Fire ringed head with ARP studs
AFE air filter
4" exhaust

Stock manifold, stock intake horn, stock intercooler boots, stock lift pump, stock cam

Runs like this have my hopes up for my truck. What dyno was this done on?

I'm dual feeding my pump and adding a big primary soon. Shooting for mid 6s.

Runs like this have my hopes up for my truck. What dyno was this done on?

I'm dual feeding my pump and adding a big primary soon. Shooting for mid 6s.

DGR Performance in Dillsburg, PA It's a dynojet, repeatable. Same dyno the Dmitiri vs East coast thing happened on. I don't remember the model number

Ok, so I've been reading this thread and there are some nice numbers!
I guess I'm missing something. Two weeks ago on an Inertia dyno, I put down 430/1128.
Guy running dyno said he was having an issue getting it loaded, said if my brakes were better I'd probably see another 50hp. My plate is a 100 and it was full fwd. I felt I would put down better numbers. The truck is my signature.

Not picking on you, but in your sig it says you have a plate, and a mack plug. Why? Or do you sometimes get frisky and pull the plate?

Not picking on you, but in your sig it says you have a plate, and a mack plug. Why? Or do you sometimes get frisky and pull the plate?

Well, no offense taken ...I'm on here to try and learn and share in the same manner. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Mack plug extends my travel on the rack. I've read and spoke to folks about the fuel plate, some say yank it and some say keep it. I know I would gain about another 35cc of fuel if not a little more if I yanked it... what would be your advice?

Well, no offense taken ...I'm on here to try and learn and share in the same manner. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Mack plug extends my travel on the rack. I've read and spoke to folks about the fuel plate, some say yank it and some say keep it. I know I would gain about another 35cc of fuel if not a little more if I yanked it... what would be your advice?

The Mack plug allows for more rack travel, the plates specific job is to limit rack travel based on RPM. More fuel does not equal more hp. Dyno it both ways and see where it's at. I pulled my plate once and picked up a mighty 3hp...

The mack plug gives you another ?2?mm of travel, while the plate limits max rack travel, so the mack plug is pointless if you're limiting travel elsewhere. I say take the plate out and sell it on cummins forum for an ungodly amount of money. Unless you are super heavily over fueled and actually need to limit your WOT fuel. Thats my perspective though LOL

The Mack plug allows for more rack travel, the plates specific job is to limit rack travel based on RPM. More fuel does not equal more hp. Dyno it both ways and see where it's at. I pulled my plate once and picked up a mighty 3hp...

It does if you have the air for it.....

Back