Truckers, lets see your rigs!

8037b73e25470af8278aa3742727a42d.jpg

Any 855 will fit in its place.

To get an idea of the difference in injector travel makes to max fuel flow here are some of the numbers I got from an injection shop.

At .224" injector flows 405cc's/1000 cycles, at .242" same injector flows 440cc's, and at .266" the same injector flows 470cc's, and for giggles at .302" which is the travel of a standard KT the same injector flows 505cc's.

What kind of fuelpressure was used when testing ?

Future reference... You can't just plug in a 460hp personality module in a C model and it work.

I'm are thereis more to it, they have a flash file in them as well just like the more modern electronic engines. Only place I have heard of doing it commercially is Antrims.

I'm are thereis more to it, they have a flash file in them as well just like the more modern electronic engines. Only place I have heard of doing it commercially is Antrims.

Yea we are trying to figure it out. In ET it recognizes the module and knows all the numbers and such but says it's not programmed (obviously), and the pedal is dead.

I'm always curious what parameters are changed with the PEEC system and an uprate. The highest HP marine 3408 at 800hp uses the PEEC engine control as well as some of the high HP 3412 generators.

I'm always curious what parameters are changed with the PEEC system and an uprate. The highest HP marine 3408 at 800hp uses the PEEC engine control as well as some of the high HP 3412 generators.

I couldn't tell you. Got 2 PEEC ecm's and they're as big as a briefcase and I believe they are powered by steam.

The timing advance control would change between platforms pretty drastically wouldn't it?

I don't think it would take much to build a microcontroller to replace the suitcases

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

That is a good possibility because I believe the Vee engines don't use electronically controlled advances, the actual advance on those is pretty limited compared to a 3406.

Though the generator set engines may not have advances at all, the 3406 doesn't.

That is a good possibility because I believe the Vee engines don't use electronically controlled advances, the actual advance on those is pretty limited compared to a 3406.

Though the generator set engines may not have advances at all, the 3406 doesn't.

This has caught my curiosity... What is the advantage of a timing advance? Economy? Performance?

A friend of mine had his 7FB pump built by Fink with 18mm (IIRC) barrels and plungers and governor work to turn 3,500 rpm and run Bosch injectors. With this work the timing advance was eliminated. Is this because it the timing advance effects performance? Or is the combination between higher static timing (which i assume would be increased from stock with a performance engine) and variable timing makes for to much timing?

Full rack travel would require the same voltage no matter the setting, the solenoid that moves the rack is locked in place, if 5v allows full movement of the rack then it would take that same 5v on the other engines to get same movement as the solenoids are identical.

I would say it has more to do with when the ECM starts pulling fuel in relation to boost and so on. Maybe upper rpm limit because PEEC truck engines are limited to 1900 rpm and the marine 3408 would be 2300 rpm.

460hp module installed and running. We'll see if I can tell a difference tomorrow when I get loaded.

I couldn't tell you. Got 2 PEEC ecm's and they're as big as a briefcase and I believe they are powered by steam.

I have one as well, no feeling what what was wrong with it.

I wonder if the brakesaver file for these would have the same change on the power as it does in the fully electronic engines.

This may be a stupid question but do the fully electronic engines advance timing with RPM? Something similar to the mechanical cats with their mechanical timing advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back