2015 ppl 2.6 rules

There also has to be a distinguishable diffrence between classes for the spectators.
Ws: single tires exhaust behind cab no hanging weight

2.5 (I think should be singles) exaust behind cab, hanging weight

2.6 dual, a/w hood stack,

I think the 6 bolt rear ends would kill the "street" look. And leave nothing distinguishable between 2.6 and 3.0 unless they allowed cut ties in 3.0. Then I might be okay with an open rear end. But if you're to the point that the want ODL in 2.6 then you should build to 3.0 because that's the progression of clases rather than pushing the envelope in a class to the point where it extinguishes itself

I've read all the rules suggestions and I'm surprised that no one has suggested adjusting the weight to 7,600 and possibly lowering the hitch to 24".
Remember when these rules were made for the 2.6 class, these trucks were street driven.
Now the interiors are stripped out and engine compartments look empty.

You guys say if you want open driveline then build a 3.0 truck. Well if you guys in 3.0 are running billet blocks maybe they should jump up. A big issue is tech and following the rules. Its obvious if you have a haisley sticker on you truck at a ppl pull you dont have to be legal been that way for a couple years. Cotpc doesnt enforce their current rules either. Doesnt matter if rules get changed they dont get teched.

But if you're to the point that the want ODL in 2.6 then you should build to 3.0 because that's the progression of clases rather than pushing the envelope in a class to the point where it extinguishes itself

This!!!

Point on with rules actually being enforced.
Makes me glad to see I pull at places where I have gotten teched. All the local sanctioning groups here check our trucks top to bottom every pull. Ive only been to one place where I didnt get a minimum of a plug check and driveline inspection. One group even has a sheet they fill out for every truck.

This!!!

Makes me glad to see I pull at places where I have gotten teched. All the local sanctioning groups here check our trucks top to bottom every pull. Ive only been to one place where I didnt get a minimum of a plug check and driveline inspection. One group even has a sheet they fill out for every truck.

Just because they are teching trucks doesnt mean they are teching correctly.

You guys say if you want open driveline then build a 3.0 truck. Well if you guys in 3.0 are running billet blocks maybe they should jump up. A big issue is tech and following the rules. Its obvious if you have a haisley sticker on you truck at a ppl pull you dont have to be legal been that way for a couple years. Cotpc doesnt enforce their current rules either. Doesnt matter if rules get changed they dont get teched.

So there are billet blocks in 3.0 now?

Lol, I thought I was the only one who was paranoid! I've seen them tech Kusilek 3 times during the Scheid weekend in one year, but never seen them lift a hood on a Haisley truck in 3.0 class..

I agree billet blocks in 3.0 are BS if someone has them, but that's probably just a rumor. Like gas guys running ignition type traction control devices, everybody just assumes or hearsay...

I don't even really agree with having deckplates in the 3.0 class... Definitely not in a 2.6 truck.

Last edited:
Lol, I thought I was the only one who was paranoid! I've seen them tech Kusilek 3 times during the Scheid weekend in one year, but never seen them lift a hood on a Haisley truck in 3.0 class..

I agree billet blocks in 3.0 are BS if someone has them, but that's probably just a rumor. Like gas guys running ignition type traction control devices, everybody just assumes or hearsay...

I don't even really agree with having deckplates in the 3.0 class... Definitely not in a 2.6 truck.

I don't know if paranoid is a good word but if your the least bit observant you catch on to a lot of stuff. Ever watch them check hitches at big events? I have and you would be shocked at what slides through. Waiting till after the truck is weighed to ad ice, lower tire pressure after the hitch is done, ect.

Last edited:
I don't know if paranoid is a good word but if your the least bit observant you catch on to a lot of stuff. Ever watch them check hitches at big events? I have and you would be shocked at what slides through. Waiting till after the truck is weighed to ad ice, lower tire pressure after the hitch is done, ect.

Oh, I do observe... A BIG NAME puller, with a business reputation that should ruin his business if busted out for cheating, I watched him 2 years ago at Scheid Diesel extravaganza scale with only 2 bags of ice laid on weight box, then put them back in coolers, then put 4 bags in the icebox before he pulled... I figured that 40 lbs must mean a lot to him. Or he was still 40 lbs light and was too lazy to throw other 2 bags on scale, but I doubt that.

I'm curious as to exactly how they are cheating. I hear this a lot but nobody can ever give a definite way/reason other than the fact that "they are cheating". Not trying to be a smartass, just looking for some solid concrete evidence other than hearsay. X2 on the billet blocks though if that's actually true.

Its not like it would get teched anyways so how do you know there isnt.

around here I think yes...the tech the org we pull with is a former diesel truck puller himself knows the rules and unbias as to who's truck he's teching

Last edited:
Little offended by the statement "if you have a haisley sticker on your truck at a ppl pull you don't have to be legal". I have a haisley sticker on my truck and I am 100% ppl legal. I think it is a little chicken **** to get on here and accuse anyone of that without proof. I would put my truck up against any ppl tech inspection. Yes I agree tech needs to be tighter. So what about the guys that beat the haisley stickers trucks, are they just not legal better?

Last edited:
The other thing some guys don't realize is some of these trucks run with PPL all year and are teched at a lot of events. The trucks that techs see once a year are probably the ones that get more attention. It's the same with NTPA. If you think someone is cheating quit spreading rumors and throw up the protest fee. Even though NTPA techs every truck at every event they don't check every little detail. We get one very thorough tech once or twice a year. After that it's checks for safety and spot checks for items like fuel and charger bore.

I don't understand why people have such an affinity with the term "street" or making these trucks have street equipment. These are dedicated pulling trucks. If you want to build a truck to compete in the diesel power challenge, that's great, but it's not going to be competitive in pulling.

The reason they got rid of rear brakes and suspension in 2.6 is because none of the top trucks were running it. Yet they didnt get dq'd when it was illegal. The reason they allowed deck plates because the top trucks were running them yet they didnt get dq'd when it was illegal. Same with radiator and engine flowing coolant and so on. Your the one thats puts yourself in that group that thinks they dont have to follow the rules.

The rear brakes thing was just another grey area that went too far IMO. Most rules I saw stated "must have four wheel hydraulic working brakes" and the guys were taking off the stockers and putting brakes from atv's on. We all know atv brakes won't do squat on a fullsize pickup truck. Illegal? Technically yes but is the added weight out front going to be enough to make you maybe win a pull? Doubtful. The radiator rules as far as I can remember say "must be of stock size and stock location" but says nothing about actually circulating coolant. Again is it cheating? I guess technically yes but the added benefit won't be the difference between 1st and 2nd. The only thing I can really see being the issue would be the deckplate which would definitely be a legit complaint if it were me. I guess this is all more aimed toward 2.6 though. How are the 3.0 Haisley trucks "cheating?"

Last edited:
Back