Quest For The 6`s dragster update

OK< the next personal Jab gets someone the week off. Congrats on your accomplishments Greg, now get it to the track, and make some times. You have a very looooooong way to go to catch the Scheid team. Good luck on your quest. And from one of the guys that is doing and building vs. talking, I know how much time it takes. BUUUUUT, just like me, until you do, you have not done, what you have said you will do. LOL No go do it.

oops posted before i read this :bang you can delete my above post if you want, i was just messin around

and I don't , I was at the same race as John ,

Just who are you , but one of the pack of nobody’s that want to make a name for them selves .

I don't wanna name other then "Jason Czerak". I don't have the money and time running around the country racing. I enjoy running at the local dyno events once or twice a year and stirring up chit on the forums and streets.

The reason you get crap is because you never attend nhrda, sheilds or ts diesel only type events on a regular basis. That's where the diesel racers are at correct. It's kinda hard to win races when your the only diesel there.

So Mr. Greg. Care to spill any poop about your current project X status?

Glad to see my picture was posted in my absence:hehe:

Just who are you , but one of the pack of nobody’s that want to make a name for them selves .

I don’t care what a few of you think , or what you say , if I defend myself on here by showing what I have done for the sport , I am accused of bragging

You constantly brag, hell, you were braggin at the end of this post. Alot of "your" acomplishments can be traced to other people. Of course, Im just a nobody.

I have plenty of supporters and I get PM’s daily of people that can’t understand the kiddos on here that make a sport of this. Most are afraid of being immediately flamed .

But I am going to point out the races, and acomplishments in diesel motorsports , not to brag , but to set the record straight on this a thread , designed to attack me , , and a thread that if starts to go my way will be immediately locked

Red- I want a mod to confirm that.

I wouldn't mind hearing how Greg's new toy is coming along, sure a bunch of you like to bust Greg's balls, I like to hear what he's got to say.

a We brought diesel street trucks to the mainstream

I draw the line on that one.

Your gasser buddies, I do not consider mainstream.

WE, as in the Diesel enthusiasts, competitors, Diesel event participators etc brought Diesel trucks to the mainstream.

If it wasn't for all of us, you wouldn't have something new and exciting to try and make a name for yourself in.

I guarantee George Peterson has sold more Dodge Cummins because of what he was doing, then you have, Greg.

Mike Tomac has sold a few Duramaxes, also.

And what about the famous green school bus video, dusting that car on the strip?

That was mainstream overnight. Clear to Navistar. (too bad it was a cummins) Several years before you exited your first exhaust stack inside the cab.

And dare we mention how many magazines and Tv shows the Hushpower Diesel Monster has been on?

What is more mainstream to truck people than a Monster Truck?

The mainstream has been gotten to, before you got here, Greg. And there is people going farther with it right now, while you've been building your hoopie.

So how is it comeing along Greg? Did she run in the 6`s yet? :hehe: Any video of the passes?.Is she ready for ts?

Well I saw the dragster for the first time this weekend at the ODRA and event and this thing is a beast! looks like it will be giving some people a challenge.. I kind got excited when I saw it pull up thinking that maybe it came to do some shakedown passes. But it only lacked a couple things until it is going down the track

It look like it will give some people a challenge? I've seen plenty of vehicles look fast that weren't...

Bunch of haters we have out.

Don't worry sleddy, I still remember who you used to be when you were doing something LOL

Greg
Just work on the car and don't bother waisting time replying to the doubters.

Is the red NX dragster in the photos a different car or Greg's? I seem to remember some posts about a 2nd Duramax dragster being built, but it does look like his name is on it.

I was joking around with the machinist who just balanced my rotating assembly for my gasser, it seems like if you estimate an absolute worst case scenario for the time to do a task on the race car, then triple it, you might be in the ballpark. I went back and looked at my time estimates for cutting out the old steering linkage, and fabricating new steering. The 3x was almost dead on.

Regards,
Michael Pliska, who isn't even going to give an estimate for when he'll have a Duramax in his car

I don't know Greg personally but he seems to have a pretty good idea of what he's doing and isn't afraid to tell you that. If the dragster does come out and do well there will be a lot of people eating words. I myself am very interested to see if it can get the job done after all the talk on both sides. Best of luck.

We are working every day on this project , Curtis Halverson at Diesel Performance research is working hard on the engine program , and with the standalone and the data we learned from the NX Mustang . We are very excited about the new Dr Performance standalone computer based on a Bosch ECM , very similar to a CDC16 , this computer will be the cat meow, when released The ability to tune on the fly , and store multiple programs all in as small package.
No extra wiring , just the essentials , I hear there is the possibility of a killer deal for testers with a Dmax transplant in to a muscle car or in a hot boat.

The Coan / GearVendors transmission , and the new Coan converter program is in the car and read for first fire and testing , here is a picture of the entire unit . With 1.125 billet input shaft , and THM 400 billet output shaft it is as bullet proof as it gets . Coan did the 4l85 and converter in the NX Mustang and it has worked flawlessly

Ill post a bunch of picture in response to all the PM’s and , thinks guys it means a lot.

DSCN0866.jpg

and a close up of the engine

NXRailEng.jpg

Last edited:
I draw the line on that one.

Your gasser buddies, I do not consider mainstream.

WE, as in the Diesel enthusiasts, competitors, Diesel event participators etc brought Diesel trucks to the mainstream.

If all you want is just the inside group, then diesel will never grow.

Hold on everyone , because its coming , and coming soon, the mainstream is waking up to to diesel power plant as a great alternative to gasoline engines. These performance enthusiasts have never seen a diesel race , but they are the ones that attend the mainstream races .

John got a big taste of what we have been seeing for the last 5 years , when he attended a NHRA divisional event at Ennis a few weekends ago.

Every time I go to a race like this the fans mob our pits and the same questions are asked , first one is “ I didn’t know you could Hot Rod a diesel “ right after this,........ they tell you that they own a diesel.

So much for the market penetration of diesel vendors .

This is where the vendors have got to start thinking about spending the same advertising dollar in an already saturated market , or expanding to markets with little or no exposure of what is being accomplished in the diesel product arena.

And to the second question , and this shows what marketing to the mainstream will get you “ is that Gale Banks parts” love him hate him , his marketing program gets the job done.

I must say the dragster looks pretty nice in person......the wing has go to be the hardest thing to get on and off though lol.

It was nice to see it....everyone there swarmed around it.

Anna's did have fun with the wing, She use to get my Comp car out of the trailer by herself ,up on Pro Jacks, and tech card filled out and all in record time, this ones a little harder, at 1700 lbs its a lot heaver to move around .

although i think greg you get your self in most of the situations you find your self in because of words stated on this site lol, all i can say is keep up on the work on the dragster and hope all turns out great. cant complain about another potentially fast rig coming out as i love see them. :Cheer: projects take time expecially when you fund them out of pocket, trust me i know lol. see ya

Anna's did have fun with the wing, She use to get my Comp car out of the trailer by herself ,up on Pro Jacks, and tech card filled out and all in record time, this ones a little harder, at 1700 lbs its a lot heaver to move around .

Yea the front end is a little heavier than it looks lol

Back