Quest For The 6`s dragster update

I draw the line on that one.

Your gasser buddies, I do not consider mainstream.

WE, as in the Diesel enthusiasts, competitors, Diesel event participators etc brought Diesel trucks to the mainstream.

If it wasn't for all of us, you wouldn't have something new and exciting to try and make a name for yourself in.

Powerstrokenotracer but damngoodtrackoiler, if you could read english, you'd understand that I was I was giving credit to the entire Diesel industry, including your junk from the past, and pathetic attempts to go fast.

I have always been about promoting the sport,more than myself, my so called legend status was for fun, albeit living proof if you win a couple big all Diesel events and do well at others, it will carry you further than playing patty cake in front of an all gasser trash crowd.

You will NOT convert them Greggy-poo, but they will hate you...well more than normal. And they will do what they can to ban you.

You will NOT convert them Greggy-poo, but they will hate you...well more than normal.And they will do what they can to ban you.

That has been my experience when you piss people off or make them worried that they are about to get embarrassed by something that "shouldn't" be able to do so...

The new computer is going thru the final stages of testing , and should fire up the first of the week, and shortly after we will be testing the car with a totally stock long block.

John, when we get to the track , we would like some entertainment , so we will invite you out to test , but Ill tell you now , you will be left on the starting line wondering what happen.

How much do you want to put on a race , :tree:

after three years of running a dragster / funny car , you are just now going as quick as I did 5 years ago at the same track, , and slower MPH , all that and your 400 lbs lighter and I was on fuel only at during that pass . HMMMMM . If I don't know how to tune as you say , where dose that put you .
:eek:wned:

With just the stock long block the car should easily go 7.8’s just testing the systems .

There are 3 teams that i know of that have kicked you to the curb. Why is that? Is it because you helped them go fast?I predict it will just be a matter of time before The n/x people wise up. I would love to attend your test session & bring you some entertainment.

There are 3 teams that i know of that have kicked you to the curb. Why is that? Is it because you helped them go fast?I predict it will just be a matter of time before The n/x people wise up. I would love to attend your test session & bring you some entertainment.

no team has ever kicked me to the curb as you say, and just because your getting a free ported head , from people that took a sponsered head from RayMac and copyed Chris Franks work, or in reality tryed to copy his work ,dosen't mean you going to get on their band wagon now is it ?

I thought you were against porting , I guess thats different when you getting it free.

so if your going to talk out of school then , yes ,

I have put the Project X Diesel to bed , it is no longer , and this is the end of the road , unless I choose to pick it up again.

The reason , is just like the cylinder head you just took delivery on , I will not take parts form people and then let those parts be either sold or copied , at the whim of the person that provided the truck. There is a thing called integrity in doing this type of projects , you have to stay with the horse that brung you.

I ended that project for that reason , and that is that , there will be no more support , or articles.

I also have my own race program which resides in my trailer ,in my shop,

And John I have always though you to be a man of some integrity , even thou you and I don’t see eye to eye , its cross the line when you tell people that I was run off from my project for stealing , you should ask around before you tell people slanderous lies like that . You might talk to Brady first as well, he was in on this project from the beginning, and he has first hand knowledge of all of this .

I recently broke the transmission in my tow rig because some one up there didn’t know how to adjust a shifter cable.
I have one of the techs R&R it , and another Tech as a different place bench build it .
I called Barry at NADP who provided the billet transmission in Project X . Barry told me that I needed a triple lock torque converter , he reminded me that We still had a converter, that we were going to send back to him this was one that he had sent us to use with the silver bullet 72 turbo, it was to be 400 rpms loosed then the one in project X , it was mistakenly 400 tighter , simple mistake , but it cost me running fast at Drag Week , Barry then told me to use in in my tow rig, I have sent him springs and push rods and cams .

I left the converter with the tech , and the special bolts to install with the bench build transmission , when I showed up the bolts were still on the bench, I told him that it was important that these bolts were important . The service director there told me that had a second set of bolts , I pulled the cover to find a stock converter . I asked the service director what was going on , he told me that this was the special dodge version of the Triple lock. More BS .
I asked where the converter was , and again the service director told me that the converter had been sent to NADP , again another lie

I was then told that I didn’t need a converter for my truck, and for that matter , all this transmission and convert was just smoke ands mirrors , that , and for that matter Project X could have run a stock converter and transmission , this was just the diesel people trying to get money out of everyone.

I found the converter in 5 mins , and told them that I would make sure it got to NADP . I called Barry , he again told me to use it , it was mine . I had one of the local shops install the converter.

So the next time
John you should get the facts , I have the SB66 , this is Brady’s , and Brady has now asked that if the project is not going to continue , then he wants his second round of parts back. To date II has given 3 sets of injectors , one set has never been in the truck, two different turbo set ups , and 2 pumps the stage 2 and the dragon fire pump.
I have never been able to do testing , because every time the truck comes back from a race , the tires and wheels get traded off or sold , or just disappear.

from earlier in the thread:

so...which is it?

Project X is no more , thay can call it what they want , but its not Project X , and there is no more surport , vendors can not be sure if their product stays on the truck, or someones elses gose on next week, in the quest to get free parts .

that free lance writer , is a big part of the problem, and the owner of Trusted perfromance .

they have back halfed it , four linked it , and ruined the concept that I had for the truck.

Project X is no more , thay can call it what they want , but its not Project X , and there is no more surport , vendors can not be sure if their product stays on the truck, or someones elses gose on next week, in the quest to get free parts .

that free lance writer , is a big part of the problem, and the owner of Trusted perfromance .

they have back halfed it , four linked it , and ruined the concept that I had for the truck.

A little birdy tells me that your drive line setup failed from the get go. I'm sure this new setup will actually get ex-Project X down the track at a decent ET now that someone else is tuning it.

Yea, yea......thats what i would say too if i had been kicked to the curb :hehe:.
Seems like Mikes mustang was running pretty good till you "helped" him out.
This is the fun of racing.........rivelries......Time will tell alot real soon.

I've also heard from a different birdy then the one mentioned above that Greg was told to leave ProjectX and it was "not an option". How valid is that wording Greg?
they would be telling you a lie,
I told then to shove it , if they were going to do all of the crap they are pulling , . Do make all you want , of it , it will more then likly never run again,

Well this is working out just as prdicted..........Underminding & discrediting the people that were pretty good to you.
aka "BITEING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU":hehe:
Im not involved in the project in any way but it seems that many of the folks involved are not ignorant.
I`ve gotta wonder.........Are they ready to get the truck up to its potential?
I feel the project will do well in the future....:hehe:

so will gregs dragster be in bowling green?
i heard it went to odra but never started up? i was told some girl had it, i guess anna brought it out?

Well??? How is it doing now Greg? Did you get it into the sevens on its 3rd pass? Last time i herd you were ony days away from your private testing sessions.That was 2 months ago. That dragster must be slow or you woud be all over the net spouting off about it :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Back