Vw carnage

I have a feeling these CR engines are getting shut down during regeneration and baking the oil in the turbo.

I have a feeling these CR engines are getting shut down during regeneration and baking the oil in the turbo.

It seems its only the new passats not jettas and its the shaft snapping on the turbine side i think its just a poor bearing design in the turbo idt as many low mileage failures as are being seen are caused by regen lot under 5000 miles.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

y6ydu4aq.jpg

Direct from germany
vagu2y2e.jpg

Can you post a couple pictures of the exhaust ports on that? What is the fifth round port? EGR? Does it hang off the side of the head or something?

Can you post a couple pictures of the exhaust ports on that? What is the fifth round port? EGR? Does it hang off the side of the head or something?

Its part of the head
uhudutaz.jpg

Last edited:
The two open holes in the 2nd pic is for the low pressure egr filter and the tube that dumps filtered and cooled exhaust gas in front of the turbo.
So the 5th hole must be for the high pressure egr not the low this is only the 2nd one ive had apart
Its not like a jetta

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and info, thats messed up. If you get another one off there, take a pic of the back of the head.

Thanks,
Jon

On my 8th frozen ic today just ahead of a big winter storm here on the east coast

Heres a fun one Bleach and diesel dont mix... 04 jetta tdi owner made someone mad so they put a gallon of bleach in the fuel tank moron ran it till it died...

Just being curious, what did it do? Lock up the entire fuel system?

So far no start even with fresh diesel supplied to the pump im pretty sure it killed the injectors maybe the seal in the tandem pump. But its might be alot worse got the job at 4 on a friday so i didnt get into it. I wanta pull the head and take a look.

Back